CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So remember when they announced the game and said Halo 2 classic multiplayer would be exactly as we remembered it 10 years ago? Well they gave us the Vista version, which didn't come out until 2007. So they outright lied.

Pretty much stuns up what I've thought. Why not use the actual original version? Honestly, if they had just brought designated servers up for the original 2004 release, updated graphics or not, I'd still play it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty much stuns up what I've thought. Why not use the actual original version? Honestly, if they had just brought designated servers up for the original 2004 release, updated graphics or not, I'd still play it.

It's the console architecture. Why do you think the 360 had backwards compatibility but the One doesn't? I'm not a technical guy but I know that the console architecture makes it extremely difficult to port OG and 360 xbox games to the One.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just tried party play for the first time post patch (played for about an hour):

-Got into A LOT of games

-Were always in the same team

-Were still in the same party after post-game score screen (except for 1 time)

-Only had to restart MCC 2-3 times

Way better but still not perfect.

It's... Better. To put it loosely. They need to NAIL this next patch before that 10.5 GB Halo 5 Beta download launches.

Parties haven't split and I've played up to twelve games with only two instances of being kicked to a customs lobby.

Sounds better from when I lasted played, thanks for the replies.

messages like these are getting old... Stop being a kid, grow up and enjoy the game (as far as it works)

Seriously? What's mature about accepting a broken product and being lied to? If I recall I haven't really posted about this matter. I've only recently learned about H2C being a Vista port, I've been paying most of my attention to CE. 

Accepting this kind of launch just lets companies think that this is ok. Why should it be?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm starting to feel really stupid that I spent $500+ on a new console for one game and that decision backfired completely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are we back yet?

If we were the MCC matchmaking system, we'd be at the "players found" screen.

We've made progress, but there still a lot of shit that could go wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My Exp with MCC after a month:

I bought the XB1 strictly as a halo machine. I hate the Xbox one UI-loading time up the wazzo. However, the fact the i can watch OG2 blain faces on Twitch while i wait for my game is pretty friggen dope.

5v5 was/is the cause of- long MM search times & unbalanced teams... GTFO here.. Also max party size is 4, yet teams are 5????? 

Gameplay wise- 

H1- felt phenomenal

h2a- Awesome

H2c- Nostalgia sauce

h3- Butter

H4- Haven't played 1 game and i probably will never to send a message to 343i. 

I do feel that patch 3 effected me in a positive way.

TLDR: Still buggy as hell, but the gameplay is too damn fun!

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you want an example of a great product launch, the way Blizzard is handling Hearthstone's new expansion is really impressive. That's where I'll be spending most of my time until the next patch is out...

What's your problem?

That's just it -- this isn't a problem localized to the community, the game is still jarringly flawed and drained the patience of everyone who bought an Xbox One for just this game.

I could have bought a PS4 and waited until a few months after Halo 5's launch to get an Xbox One, if I had a crystal ball to predict the bastardized launch experience. I love Halo. But there's a line even an optimist like me should draw.

If you want an example of a great product launch, the way Blizzard is handling Hearthstone's new expansion is really impressive. That's where I'll be spending most of my time until the next patch is out...

I have just been sitting here watching the Street Fighter V trailer for the past 2 hours. The trailer alone is better than H4 and H5 combined

Seriously? What's mature about accepting a broken product and being lied to? If I recall I haven't really posted about this matter. I've only recently learned about H2C being a Vista port, I've been paying most of my attention to CE. 

Accepting this kind of launch just lets companies think that this is ok. Why should it be?

Capture_zps0b91cc0f.png

LOL, didn't even bother to fix what XBL is detecting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's just it -- this isn't a problem localized to the community, the game is still jarringly flawed and drained the patience of everyone who bought an Xbox One for just this game.

I could have bought a PS4 and waited until a few months after Halo 5's launch to get an Xbox One, if I had a crystal ball to predict the bastardized launch experience. 

You don't need a crystal ball. You just need to wait until the game is launched and make sure it works before buying it.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Capture_zps0b91cc0f.png

LOL, didn't even bother to fix what XBL is detecting.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, that could be actually referring to Halo 2 PC. That's my gamerpic (the second one) and I played H2PC about a month ago. I'm assuming more than 7 of your friends have played MCC recently. 

You don't need a crystal ball. You just need to wait until the game is launched and make sure it works before buying it.

People bought and preordered this game, mainly because majority of us thought that porting 4 ALREADY MADE games would be no problem for an apparent AAA studio. 343 proved everyone wrong. Then again, they made H4, lmao

Ergo developers need to stop putting all their ducks on the bottom line, release a game that works without overwhelming game breaking bugs.

People bought and preordered this game, mainly because majority of us thought that porting 4 ALREADY MADE games would be no problem for an apparent AAA studio. 343 proved everyone wrong. Then again, they made H4, lmao

At least H5 looks great

Ehhhhhhhhhh, that could be actually referring to Halo 2 PC. That's my gamerpic (the second one) and I played H2PC about a month ago. I'm assuming more than 7 of your friends have played MCC recently. 

More than 7 of my friends, sure, but most of them are playing CE, not Halo 2. The MCC doesn't show up on the Activity feed, just the actual games you are playing.

Has someone already linked this? H2C netcode confirmed terribad.

You can't walk in a straight line and the reticle speed is completely off.

http://youtu.be/t_GnsFs7pik

That guy in the don't pre order video is going off Lol

It's super hard to tell what's going on in that video. Dude is twitching all over the place.

More than 7 of my friends, sure, but most of them are playing CE, not Halo 2. The MCC doesn't show up on the Activity feed, just the actual games you are playing.

Ha, I stand corrected... 

It seems you know a lot about MCC's game development process, please enlighten me further.

It seems you know a lot about MCC's game development process, please enlighten me further.

That is a lot coming from you, considering you're up on your high horse with majority of your replies to people

messages like these are getting old... Stop being a kid, grow up and enjoy the game (as far as it works)

Lol some of you dudes will let anything slide I see. No one should be upset that they got robbed and for the record eloquently voicing displeasure is being mature. It's not like people are attacking the 343 building.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That is a lot coming from you, considering you're up on your high horse with majority of your replies to people

I'll take that as a "No, I don't actually know anything" then.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll take that as a "No, I don't actually know anything" then.

You just keep that red bar under your Member status growing man

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1