CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Would you buy a car on the day it was released though? Or would you wait a certain amount of time to purchase it?

You just need to look at the facts. The video game market is at a stage when broken games are frequently being released. The only way you can avoid it is by being more cautious and not pre-ordering. After a while the publishers will realise that they are experiencing hefty decreases in pre-orders and will become more determined not to release broken games.

I see what you're saying, but then again: there's "broken" and then there's MCC, which is on another level. As far as I know, this game has pushed the envelope in terms of the sheer amount of bugs that are still present nearly a month after launch.

Not everyone that wants to play a video game on launch day has the sort of agenda and disillusion it takes to think that abstaining from preordering will somehow make the world a better place.

People are getting fed up, and it's acceptable. Also, in other cases (Battlefield 4, GTA 5, Diablo 3, and World of Warcraft come to mind), developers were immediately transparent about the issues, whereas in MCC's case, the marketing campaign continued running full-force despite the fundamentally broken nature and extremely slow repair process. The worst example of this is the ridiculous Halo Bulletin that was put out on the Halo Channel on the Friday after launch.

Your analogy about new cars doesn't really apply, either. A car is a much more expensive product, which if fundamentally flawed, would risk the lives of the driver and passenger. Many people buy new cars upon release because it's unthinkable that a car is released with fundamental design problems.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does MCC work yet, lol.

or do I need to stick with Far Cry 4 and The Crew for now?  ;)

How is The Crew? I saw some gameplay of it last night and it didn't look all that good. Maybe that was just the people playing it though. 

So let's take stock. Even ignoring all the matchmaking issues...

Halo CE has terrible netcode and a laundry list of various bugs.

H2C has terrible netcode.

You can't walk straight in Halo 3, and apparently the version being used is the pre-patch 1.0 version (all the maps are old, and I saw a reddit post showing off the crazy melee physics that were in 1.0; if this is true it should be impossible to trade melee kills with an opponent at the moment, as was the case in 1.0).

I haven't played Halo 4 for obvious reasons, but I've heard that is the original version of that game as well (so no weapon tuning on the rifles).

Every game they brought back is messed up in some way. Even H2A has some issues. Even if matchmaking was flawless we'd still have an inferior product in MCC compared to the various ways all these games can still be played online. Some of this stuff will never be fixed.

Great job 343. gg no re

h2c also has a spawn glitch where you won't be able to spawn for 1-10minutes+. Also you can now trade beatdowns and shots in h2c including bxrs. you can also trade against the sword

just lol.

also a 1.0 version of halo3 would be cool to have for lans

• Upvote (+1) 2

Matched a level 50

Only has 45 kills in MM

-____-

Josh Menke bringing that God-Level ranking/matchmaking to Halo franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well I guess this is a lesson that maybe you shouldn't expect things to work. I know that shouldn't be acceptable but it could be the best course of action.

smfh

Josh Menke bringing that God-Level ranking/matchmaking to Halo franchise.

The ranking system actually works the opposite when judging a good match. Low level means they stay in and play and might be good. High level means they will just quit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here is my experience with the MCC thus far:

Game gets released:

crazyindianvideo.gif

Benny Lava is the shit haha

Hosting some classic Halo 2 tonight if anyone is interested. Start time is 9h30 EST. We're currently 5 players, looking for atleast one more. Hopefully 3 more :)

Message me with your gamertag and I'll add you. Mine's: Vegan Elite

(Tweet better show up in reply)

I'm HOPING this is the silver lining we desperately need. Spartan Strike is just extra fat laying around with all the issues of fixing MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have parties had any more success of finding games since the last patch?

Just tried party play for the first time post patch (played for about an hour):

-Got into A LOT of games

-Were always in the same team

-Were still in the same party after post-game score screen (except for 1 time)

-Only had to restart MCC 2-3 times

Way better but still not perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Have parties had any more success of finding games since the last patch?

It's... Better. To put it loosely. They need to NAIL this next patch before that 10.5 GB Halo 5 Beta download launches.

Parties haven't split and I've played up to twelve games with only two instances of being kicked to a customs lobby.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just tried party play for the first time post patch (played for about an hour):

-Got into A LOT of games

-Were always in the same team

-Were still in the same party after post-game score screen (except for 1 time)

-Only had to restart MCC 2-3 times

Way better but still not perfect.

This part has worked for me as well. The only issue I still have consistently is if I need to back out of searching it does not bring my party members with me. It only keeps us together if the game completes. That really needs to be fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Still getting black screen, may need to reinstall he entire game at this point...

If it hasn't been answered yet, I just switched to a custom lobby or a campaign lobby and back to matchmaking and it went back toe the regular blue screen in lobby.

I will say to my experience the black screen is only a visual issue and has no bearing on effecting the game. I was able to find games and start games with the black screen issue....

This time next week, it'll be a full month since release.

A. Full. Month.

And the game still isn't to a point that I want to pick up the controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trying to BXB people in Halo 3 to confirm this is 1.0. No scoping with the sniper in 60fps is hella easy though

edit: lol this guy in my lobby has a "343 Four'd Halo" clan tag