CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Hey man, hope you dont mind but I posted your video over on the halo reddit to try and get it some more attention.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2ocseq/h2c_major_netcode_issues/

I don't mind. I wish I could test it again on servers. On some connections off host registration was OK(not 4sk more like 6sk) but at least some shots register. I know we have ALL experienced those games where shots flat out don't count when they should. If shots were dropping that bad on a stationary target, imagine a moving target.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because I think you need to accept that MS wanted this game out in November whether it was ready or not. That's not 343's fault. They're doing their best now to fix this now so maybe you should give them some credit while they work their asses off otherwise they may end up having no motivation to even do it. It doesn't surprise me that they don't want to cater to this community sometimes.

Worst part about this is once that it doesn't matter how much they fix, everybody will just move on to other petty complaints. That's how this community operates and that's how it always has operated.

That's how every community operates.... To think otherwise is naive. But hey, you go ahead and keep patting them on the shoulder saying nice work while they put out 1 minor patch a week.

Why would they use Halo 2 vista? I understand why they used the PC version for CE, but Halo 2 was already designed for online play, wasn't it?

It's because OG Xbox (and 360) used a Power PC processor and OS and game have to be programmed accordingly to the processors architecture.

Xbox One, H2V and HPC (on Windows) are coded for Intel processors. They took the easy way out and used the ports because they were already converted for Intel processors...

It's also why Xbox One isn't backwards compatible...

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's how every community operates.... To think otherwise is naive. But hey, you go ahead and keep patting them on the shoulder saying nice work while they put out 1 minor patch a week.

I will thanks. Because I know how easy it is to sit on your ass and criticise when you have absolutely no responsibility in fixing the problems. You need a lot more maturity than the average gamer to understand that.

• Downvote (-1) 1

My god when is everyone gonna stop crying? Search times are more or less fixed now, they've improved with each update. I'm finding matches really easily now and then I come on here and it's just wall-to-wall moaning about something.

They're doing a good job with the updates imo, they just need to keep it up, as well as fixing team splits and adding a CE playlist is also important.

Most would acknowledge this, but the point is that the game should have been working at launch. Nothing can excuse that ever and people will always have the right to complain about that.

Because I think you need to accept that MS wanted this game out in November whether it was ready or not. That's not 343's fault. They're doing their best now to fix this now so maybe you should give them some credit while they work their asses off otherwise they may end up having no motivation to even do it. It doesn't surprise me that they don't want to cater to this community sometimes.

Worst part about this is once that it doesn't matter how much they fix, everybody will just move on to other petty complaints. That's how this community operates and that's how it always has operated.

Or go and play Destiny like I will, a game that ACTUALLY works and its being supported(ironically by bungie) in a weekly basis adding more experiences to the game, unlike 343i which is struggling to make the game FUNCTIONAL. It's both Microsoft  and 343i fault for the state of the game, the only people here who can be "considered victims" are the people who believed in them since Day 1 expecting MCC to be glorious and that it would bring back all those awesome memories and choose to give them their $60 to get only approx 5% of that experience.

They are working their asses off because THEY DON'T HAVE A CHOICE, they already released the HCS with their  full support and therefore THEY NEED the game to be ENTIRELY FUNCTIONAL, else those plans will come crashing down at an absurdly fast rate. All we got so far are empty apologies and the promise that "next week" the game will be better, its been (6 days away from) a month since release and nothing has changed other than faster MM search times.

I will thanks. Because I know how easy it is to sit on your ass and criticise when you have absolutely no responsibility in fixing the problems. You need a lot more maturity than the average gamer to understand that.

You're right, people shouldn't be upset that they spent 60 dollars or even 400+ dollars on a system and a game that quite simply don't work. Honest question, why do you come here instead of waypoint? Not even being a dick with that question, I'm honestly wondering when your opinions have constantly been much more in line with people on there than here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 haven´t done much for the community the last two years except some fancy talking and some really weird competitions (I enjoyed watching GC finals but the qualifications was a joke) and combine that with Halo 4 the fan base have been starving for a long time. Then they drop the bomb five months ago about MCC and every one just freaks out. 343 listens and even more, digging up HCE was just unbelievable! Many of us have been on a hype train for a long time and 343 have done a great deal to fuel it on a regularly basis, and when the day come it was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Of course there will be a flood of disappointment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair it's still possible to emulate PowerPC on x86 architecture. The 360 wasn't all that good at being backwards compatible either, MS had to manually emulate every single game (and plenty OG Xbox games still don't work on 360 today). The larger issue with the One is that emulation requires the system that the emulator is run on (xbone)  to have the original systems processing power (360) many times over. Sadly, while the One is more powerful than the 360, the difference is just not large enough for emulation to work properly.

Thanks for ruining everyone else's experience.

As a filthy, quitting CE player I'll say this: my beef is not with the other players. It is unfortunate that your experience is being affected, but in my opinion this is acceptable collateral damage. There is a fundamental design flaw in MCC that is stopping players from getting the experience they desire. I'm not talking about bugs, I'm talking about lack of accessibility to the experience that the player bought the game for.

I invite anyone that is upset about us quitting to go and complain on Waypoint, since that is the only thing that will raise awareness of insatisfaction, and with some luck 343i may do something about it (like produce a playlist selection that actually makes a lick of sense).

You could even say that your complaints are proof that multi-game playlists are a terrible idea. They encourage quitting because it is highly unlikely that everyone will get what they want. What's so hard about going into different playlists after every match if you want a mixed-game experience? At least that way no one else's experience is affected.

All the games are there at your fingertips for you to enjoy. Just because you believe you have the right to have it spoon-fed to you in the form of a mixed-playlist is not a good excuse for being mad at quitters, since the amount of players that want this spoon-fed mixed experience are certainly less numerous than those who boot up the game with a specific experience in mind.

CORRECTION: I said "All the games are there at your fingertips," I should have written "all games except CE are there at your fingertips."

TL;DR: Be mad at 343i, not the CE players that quit out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would say that is worse than the "Remove BR starts" threads.

I mean, I have no problem with people liking H4 more than the others, but saying the original trilogy is terrible is just a ridiculous opinion. 

Quote of that thread

'I agree, I have a 1.7 k/d on halo 4 and in the mcc collection where I mainly play halo 2 classic i have less than 1. I think i was better at that game cuz it was better?'

LOL! He's even confused by his own comment.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

A waypoint thread discussion would be pretty funny. By the way my Halo matchmaking experience has improved since the last time I talked, if you are having problems try hard reseting your console, it might fix it?

My god when is everyone gonna stop crying? Search times are more or less fixed now, they've improved with each update. I'm finding matches really easily now and then I come on here and it's just wall-to-wall moaning about something.

They're doing a good job with the updates imo, they just need to keep it up, as well as fixing team splits and adding a CE playlist is also important.

Search times improving by 1% per GB downloaded since the first patch, we're getting there! Who cares about how the individual games work and their bugs, or the UIs being screwed up, or the game still freezing, or still not having working ranks, it's not like this shit was advertised to us as working great and being Halo just as we remember it huh?

I agree that we need to stop being upset, getting mad over a $450 rip off is ridiculous. We need to grow up, be mature, start acting like people who earn and spend their own cash!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm aware I'm being selfish. To be completely honest, I really don't care. 

If CE/H2/H3 could ONLY be played in one playlist then I would stick around and play. However, TS is my only chance to play a CE matchmaking experience. H2/H3 have their own dedicated playlists. CE does not. Therefore I am not going to stick around and play a game that I cannot stand just to appease 7/8/9 other people. I would say "sorry" but I'm not apologizing for shit. 

Trust me, I realize what it is that I'm doing. Until 343 gives CE players what we were promised then I'm going to dick it up in matchmaking all day long.

I too quit out of nearly every game in TS that is not CE, and will continue to do so until 343 gives us a dedicated CE playlist. 

Not only does CE not have a playlist, but it loses the tiebreaker EVERY TIME in TS because it's always the 3rd option. This is absolute B.S. on 343s part.

• Upvote (+1) 7

What about the joy of playing CE/H2C online again? Has been enough to keep me playing for the last three weeks.

If the matches are always unfair, its pretty hard to enjoy the experience, even if its CE/H2C.

It's because OG Xbox (and 360) used a Power PC processor and OS and game have to be programmed accordingly to the processors architecture.

Xbox One, H2V and HPC (on Windows) are coded for Intel processors. They took the easy way out and used the ports because they were already converted for Intel processors...

That's not true. The OG Xbox used a 733 MHz Pentium III x86 processor. Only the 360 used PowerPC. This still doesn't explain why they used the Vista port instead of the original.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most would acknowledge this, but the point is that the game should have been working at launch. Nothing can excuse that ever and people will always have the right to complain about that.

It's not about what they have the right to do. It's about having the maturity to work together with the developer to try and fix the problem and then giving them credit when it's due. It's not 343's fault that MS wanted the game out at a specific time whether the game was ready or not. Put yourself in their situation please.

You're right, people shouldn't be upset that they spent 60 dollars or even 400+ dollars on a system and a game that quite simply don't work. Honest question, why do you come here instead of waypoint? Not even being a dick with that question, I'm honestly wondering when your opinions have constantly been much more in line with people on there than here.

Didn't realise my opinions had to be exactly in line with everyone else's opinions in order to post here. This is a great example of immaturity right here.

Search times improving by 1% per GB downloaded since the first patch, we're getting there! Who cares about how the individual games work and their bugs, or the UIs being screwed up, or the game still freezing, or still not having working ranks, it's not like this shit was advertised to us as working great and being Halo just as we remember it huh?

I agree that we need to stop being upset, getting mad over a $450 rip off is ridiculous. We need to grow up, be mature, start acting like people who earn and spend their own cash!

Search times have improved immeasurably since launch tbh, when it was almost impossible to find a match. If you deny that then you're blatantly looking for things to complain about.

Also, stop pretending that you've been screwed out of your money for the entire console just because one game isn't working properly. MCC is worth $60, so you were screwed out of $60, the console is irrelevant. Plus, if you really thought buying a $400 console just to play 4 old games was a good idea when you might want to question your decision making skills.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Uhhhhh no. Stop separating 343 and M$ they are the same entity and will not be together always. They set a deadline and 343 not only agreed they decided to pawn most of it off to other people then not check those people's work. They deserve zero sympathy

iEjM22m.jpg?1

It's not about what they have the right to do. It's about having the maturity to work together with the developer to try and fix the problem and then giving them credit when it's due. It's not 343's fault that MS wanted the game out at a specific time whether the game was ready or not. Put yourself in their situation please.

Didn't realise my opinions had to be exactly in line with everyone else's opinions in order to post here. This is a great example of immaturity right here.

Search times have improved immeasurably since launch tbh, when it was almost impossible to find a match. If you deny that then you're blatantly looking for things to complain about.

Also, stop pretending that you've been screwed out of your money for the entire console just because one game isn't working properly. MCC is worth $60, so you were screwed out of $60, the console is irrelevant. Plus, if you really thought buying a $400 console just to play 4 old games was a good idea when you might want to question your decision making skills.

This ^

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's not true. The OG Xbox used a 733 MHz Pentium III x86 processor. Only the 360 used PowerPC. This still doesn't explain why they used the Vista port instead of the original.

OK wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

That's weird then...

EDIT: I just looked it up and the XONE has an AMD chip....

That might explain why everything is fucked. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1