CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It does not matter how good your aim is if the game says "lol nope", I was pretty good at H2C back in the day too. My test showed the worst of the game. Some connections were 6-7 shot kills. The point was that the netcode, even on green bar is absolute shit off host. Sadly I don't want to play H2C on MCC ever again.

Yep. Same goes for CE. I have no desire to play broken versions of games I used to love. Just posted an ad on craigslist to try and sell my Xbox. I can't waste any more time on something I know will never be fixed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes but they are delusional and didn't listen to 343 when they told us this

I barely played Halo 2, and when I played it on MCC, I just thought you guys were delusional fucks for thinking Halo 2 was better than Halo 3. I'm glad I now know that the Halo MCC port is the problem; not Halo 2. 

Sorry for randomly intervening in this topic, but my brain has been bugging me to get this out. What would you guys think if the playlists were:

SOCIAL
 - Team Slayer: 4v4 Slayer, H1-3, H2A
 - Big Team Battle: 8v8 Slayer & Obj, all games
 - Lone Wolves: 6-8p FFA, all games
 - Team Precision: 4v4 SWAT & Snipers, all games

- H4 Skirmish: 5v5 Infinity Slayer & Obj
 - Action Sack: 8-12p variety, H3-4, H2A

RANKED
 - HCS Playlist: official tournament settings, H2A
 - Squad Battle: 8v8 Slayer & Obj, H2-3
 - H1 Doubles Pro: 2v2 No Radar Slayer & Obj
 - H2 Skirmish: 4v4 Slayer & Obj, includes MLG settings
 - H2A Skirmish: 4v4 Slayer & Obj
 - H3 Skirmish: 4v4 Slayer & Obj, includes MLG settings

Justifications:

• No one likes rotationals, so SWAT + Snipers are a permanent bundle, whilst Action Sack is there for players that want to play random gametypes.
  • I didn't include Doubles because for H2-3, the focus is on 4v4. CE gets its own dedicated 2v2 playlist, while none of the H4 maps are suitable for Doubles.
  • I think it's rather pointless to have ranks in multi-game playlists like TS. Squad Battle is an exception, because it'd be worse to split an already thin target population (competitive BTB players) into two 16p playlists.
  • Also, BTB in 1 & 4 isn't suitable for Ranked. In CE, broken physics + spawn-traps are just bad. In 4... you can spawn with PPs and Plasma Nades, so...
  • A lot of people prior to MCC's release selfishly threatened to quit a THC match if their preferred game wasn't voted in. Removing THC, and adding MLG/hardcore gametypes to the dedicated H2/3 playlists should quell this while freeing up a playlist slot.
  • Even split between Ranked/Social promotes greater diversity + gives casuals leeway to enjoy themselves. Skill matchmaking would still remain in all playlists except Action Sack.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

So h1 and h2 are not xb ports but PC ports?

well we knew this but they used buzz words like "xbox parts"

@atabove too many playlists. they should remove team h2a since halo championship series is basically the same thing, add h2+h3+h2a doubles playlist, add ce doubles playlist, and remove the team slayer playlist. 

and add ranks to everything except btb but just keep it invisible (so a 50 can match a 1) 

I know dan ayoub had said some xbox code would be in h2c too. I'm sure the shot registration will be improved in due time though. They did some improving for halo ce with one of the the last patches so don't see why they can't do the same for halo 2.

I know everybody knew this, but I had to do a brief test just to see. So sad. I was looking forward to this game too.

I mainly got MCC to play H2C, this doesn't seem like something that will be addressed or fixed. I think this is the final straw for me and MCC. If that alone doesn't get addressed after the game itself works (probably won't ever be anyways) I'm definitely selling it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yes but they are delusional and didn't listen to 343 when they told us this

Source? Has 343 ever stated that they ported the PC versions?

Source? Has 343 ever stated that they ported the PC versions?

they stated it on the first day after e3 lol. 

they said they were going to use pc as the base and add xbox parts. looks like they missed some key xbox parts. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They're supposedly coming to new generations (ReMiX) 

As in the X1?! Where'd you see this?! That would be siiiick.

they stated it on the first day after e3 lol. 

they said they were going to use pc as the base and add xbox parts. looks like they missed some key xbox parts. 

I'm legit surprised a lot of people didn't know by now. I think we should add a google bar to the forums.

I'm legit surprised a lot of people didn't know by now. I think we should add a google bar to the forums.

I only heard about it when people discovered that weapon spawns were different, and some levels had minor differences like HeH. I tried googling to see if 343 said anything about it and I couldn't find anything. I'm not saying that they didn't, but they didn't do a good job of conveying it if myself and a bunch of other people were unaware until post release. 

they never said anything about halo 1 mcc being a pc port, it was just assumed since 343 are lazy and avoided all the questions that could give away it was the pc version and it and confirmed when mcc footage came out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn I knew the host advantage on Halo 2 seemed ridiculous. I got sick of playing FFAs because the host would somehow BXR me in the time I took me to do a single melee when they were no shields.

Fingers crossed they can improve it. I've been loving me some H2C.

Thanks for ruining everyone else's experience.

Then go to the H2/H3 playlist and play the games there. I'm not subjecting myself to SMG and AR starts. Hate away.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You know that feeling when you open your fridge...and open it to find noting to eat? Then for some stupid ass reason you open it again 10 minutes later to see if there's something to eat again?

That's my feeling when I turn on the Xbox and fire up MCC. Same ol' shit that makes me more frustrated each time I turn it on, then off, then half an hour later on again. Then I just go play league because MCC is still busted.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then go to the H2/H3 playlist and play the games there. I'm not subjecting myself to SMG and AR starts. Hate away.

You don't have a CE playlist, and your only chance to play it is in Team Slayer, I get it. Doesn't give you the right to be a dick to everyone else when CE isn't voted. Wait for the CE playlist or suck it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4