CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm finding matchmaking really boring. The fact that it's still uneven teams and the people who are at a disadvantage always quit.

In my opinion 2 things make matchmaking fun. The first is even competitive games, which the uneven teams issue completely breaks. The second is a working ranking system which at this point seems to be meaningless and completely broken. There is literally no incentives for playing matchmaking at this time.

In my opinion 2 things make matchmaking fun. The first is even competitive games, which the uneven teams issue completely breaks. The second is a working ranking system which at this point seems to be meaningless and completely broken. There is literally no incentives for playing matchmaking at this time.

What about the joy of playing CE/H2C online again? Has been enough to keep me playing for the last three weeks.

From my experience, teams are even way more often now. Before the patch, 90% of my games were 5v4 or 4v3. Now I mainly get 5v5 and 4v4. They also said their next patch would specifically focus on even teams.

I completely agree on ranks though. Besides the fact that there is only 1 ranked playlist for a game I don't even care about, it seems like it doesn't take ranks into consideration at all when matchmaking + you have at least one rank quitter per game.

I've been playing TS almost exclusively so I can play CE and start to apply the knowledge that I've picked up through here. Having mad fun with it

• Upvote (+1) 4

First game after the update, 5v3, game freezes while loading.

Good job 343, keep it up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Incredible video. It should be on beyond's front page.

I agree.

In the video I think he said that devs get some financial incentives for all sales up to the seventh day after release. Does anyone understand what he was trying to say? Any additional insight would be appreciated.

My first MM game last night post patch was a 4v5 on hang em and I won.

Ah feels so good to play a game where I'm allowed to overcome handicaps because the game actually takes skill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm finding matchmaking really boring. The fact that it's still uneven teams and the people who are at a disadvantage always quit.

Don't worry, 343 will soon introduce JIP to MCC as a solution to this. ;-)

• Upvote (+1) 1

So today I got my first ever overkill extermination on halo CE. I'm meant to be studying but after that there's no chance haha!

wtf is that?

• Upvote (+1) 8

My first MM game last night post patch was a 4v5 on hang em and I won.

Ah feels so good to play a game where I'm allowed to overcome handicaps because the game actually takes skill.

or you were just playing garbage players, which seems a lot more likely

For which is the right of all skilled players to play against.  The reason why most people get good in games in the first place.  To pubstomp.

That only proves his point. He was playing five garbage players. So four players that were better than them beat them because the game takes skill.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That only proves his point. He was playing five garbage players. So four players that were better than them beat them because the game takes skill.

you saw through the ruse, well done Ethereal Nights. You are champion of the internet for today

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/JollyJoshHalo">@JollyJoshHalo</a> hey josh, thanks for sending over. team is aware of this issue.</p>— Andy Dudynsky (@Brav) <a href="https://twitter.com/Brav/status/540586402111430656">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

you fukin wot 

russfail.gif

Even if they were decent and he was better he would still be able to beat them because of the skill that CE takes. I won a 1 vs. 4 on HeH during the first week the game was out. My teammates all quit at the beginning and I raped the entire opposing team alone. 

A 1v4 in H2/H3/H4 would probably play out much differently....or the same, but a lot more difficult because of the lack of options and skill as oppose to H1.

Fuck...I should have recorded that game...smh

• Upvote (+1) 1

russfail.gif

Even if they were decent and he was better he would still be able to beat them because of the skill that CE takes. I won a 1 vs. 4 on HeH during the first week the game was out. My teammates all quit at the beginning and I raped the entire opposing team alone. 

Fuck...I should have recorded that game...smh

look at my reply to nights. the master troll strikes again. but those people you played against must have sucked ass

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/JollyJoshHalo">@JollyJoshHalo</a> hey josh, thanks for sending over. team is aware of this issue.</p>— Andy Dudynsky (@Brav) <a href="https://twitter.com/Brav/status/540586402111430656">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

twitter is not that difficult bro...

just click on a convo and copy the link, don't try to use the embed code from twitter

@@Vegan Elite @@ImperiumVII @@Rudzki @@FLuFFy

On the subject of the mess that is matchmaking, what do you think of this idea? (I posted it a couple pages back)

Instead of having multi-game playlists (which, let's face it, suck balls), why not have playlists for each gametype (ex: Doubles, Team Snipers, CTF/Objective, BTB, Rumble Pit) and leave them single-game, but have them rotate between games every week or two.

For example:

WEEK 1:
  • Team Doubles: HCE
  • Team Snipers: H2C
  • CTF/Objective: H2A
  • BTB: H3
  • Rumble Pit: H4

WEEK 2:
  • Team Doubles: H2C
  • Team Snipers: H2A
  • CTF/Objective: H3
  • BTB: H4
  • Rumble Pit: HCE
etc, etc

As for ranking - hear me out, now - what if we had a rank for each game instead of each playlist? Having a ranked playlist that includes more than one game is silly, and it's becoming abundantly clear that the H2 style of ranked playlists won't work well unless there are permanent playlists that remain populated (something that isn't likely to happen due to the low playerbase and fear of under-saturated playlist populations). So I propose that players be ranked based on either:

a) their overall performance in a single game (ex: H2C) based only off of matches played in matchmaking, or
b) their overall peformance in a single game (ex: H2C) in a single playlists (ex: Team Doubles) - which would allow H2-style ranks for every game (because they all have the same playlists).

The only downside would be that it will take longer to get a 50, because that game might only get that playlist for one week a month. Still, the amount of time it takes to get a 50 is objectively irrelevant, because as long as the system can match you with equally-skilled players, then the system has accomplished its goal. Plus, who doesn't want more ranks per game?

Pros of this matchmaking model:

+Better variety of gametypes for each game (each week your favorite game will be in a different playlist, allowing you to experience more of what it has to offer)
+Allows for fewer total playlists, and thus less segregation of the seemingly weak playerbase
+No more mixed playlists (if they insist, one or two could be added, and total playlist count would still be acceptable for the low playerbase)
+Less quitting (because players will be playing the games they want)
+Less uneven teams (because of less quitting)

Cons:

-Ranking up to a 50 will take much longer, since a given gametype (can be fixed by adjusting the amount of XP required to level up)
-It won't be possible to always play your gametype of choice on your game of choice (but at least you can play your game of choice, and your gametype will be available upon rotation of the playlists)

Please discuss! As I am confident that this method (or a similar one) would solve most, if not all, of our matchmaking woes, and possibly reduce the population decline.

One can dream :^)

@@Vegan Elite @@ImperiumVII @@Rudzki @@FLuFFy

On the subject of the mess that is matchmaking, what do you think of this idea? (I posted it a couple pages back)

Any playlist that revolves around H2A snipers or H4 at all can go play in the traffic.

IMO the playlists are fine as it is, FFA could use crossgame, CE needs a dedicated 2v2, and perhaps a crossgame doubles as well.

Replace H2A ranked with HCS alone, put ranks in that.

Batchford, didn't I tell you weeks ago that the number one rule of being a troll was not to admit that you're trolling. Or maybe that was someone else...

I miss the old days of trolling when people weren't afraid to sound stupid in the name of anonymous entertainment. Now, people just say they're trolling to cover their asses when they actually say something stupid and didn't realize it or they are trolls but want to make sure that people don't think harshly of them.

• Upvote (+1) 5

look at my reply to nights. the master troll strikes again. but those people you played against must have sucked ass

Whether the people he played weren't that good or not isn't the problem, it's the fact that if it would have been H2A, the same people would have been 4 shotting the shit out of him and making a living montage out of him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whether the people he played weren't that good or not isn't the problem, it's the fact that if it would have been H2A, the same people would have been 4 shotting the shit out of him and making a living montage out of him.

tbh if I was stuck in a 1v4 situation and the other team had hands in any Halo game, I would leave as it would most likely be curtains for me at that point in time. or I would HLG the shit out of them for the l0l's

Batchford, didn't I tell you weeks ago that the number one rule of being a troll was not to admit that you're trolling. Or maybe that was someone else...

I miss the old days of trolling when people weren't afraid to sound stupid in the name of anonymous entertainment. Now, people just say they're trolling to cover their asses when they actually say something stupid and didn't realize it or they are trolls but want to make sure that people don't think harshly of them.

The second one, I seriously smelt a shit storm though and I CBA with my feed being filled with a bunch of angry people but I did it anyways #yolostrats

You should know I am one anyways just by skimming through some of my posts lol

it was just BANTER

• Downvote (-1) 1