CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You still get 5v4 matches because it specifically said that that will not be addressed in this patch, but other than that, things seem to be running very smoothly. You find games quick (45 seconds to 2 minutes), and I haven't had a pre-game crash ever since I could find a game post-update. Also, parties seem to work and you can back out of lobbies after matches smoothly and normally.

Nice. Can't wait to play after work. Even though 343 kinda sucks, gonna stick it out. Halo is too great to abandon ship just yet.

You still get 5v4 matches because it specifically said that that will not be addressed in this patch, but other than that, things seem to be running very smoothly. You find games quick (45 seconds to 2 minutes), and I haven't had a pre-game crash ever since I could find a game post-update. Also, parties seem to work and you can back out of lobbies after matches smoothly and normally.

This is really what I meant by "surprise". This whole MCC fiasco has not been pleasant but I myself, personally, feel forced to stay neutral every time a patch comes out. Developers need to be more transparent when fixing their games, not just making bullet point lists.

Every time they fix something in the game it's like teenage angst. It's mindfuckingly unpredictable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to see people getting games.  Wish I didn't have to go to bed...

Bravo to that guy that made that "Don't pre-order Halo 5" video.  I rarely ever pre-order these days anyways, because like he said, "there's so many copies these days and we have digital download" but I wanted to just be safe with MCC.  Wish I hadn't even of bought my X1 as of right now.  Will 100% not be pre-ordering Halo 5 or any other game that is released yearly.  Those are the one's that tend to always be "unfinished".  Only a game like Uncharted, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc. where I know a game has been in development for years and offers some sort of pre-order bonus that I like, will I even consider pre-orders from here on out.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

but I wanted to just be safe with MCC.

Were you scared that copies were going to run out? When's the last time that happened? Games are distributed like movies now. Can't find a copy at Walmart? Go to Target, or Best Buy, or Gamestop, or any other place with a electronic section. Pre-ordering for the sake of securing a copy is useless now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wow.  Excellent news.  After my frustration playing last night, I thought I'd spend the week playing Titanfall, but I may just give this a go tonight.

I'd expect H5 to fare better just because 343 actually has a dedicated team for it and it's not being outsourced for the most part... but yeah, not having high expectations is the way to go.

Told all my friends Destiny would for sure be GOTY and I sure ended up looking dumb. I also thought nothing could go wrong with MCC since it's just ports, and boy, I just keep getting proved wrong over and over.

Beta will say it all, can't wait to try it just to find out what to expect.

Not even beta. I would wait at least a week after release.

Certification isn't to test how broken MCC is, it would have obviously failed that (as well as many other AAA titles that released in the past few months). Certification tests are done to see if there is anything that can be used to exploit the Xbox One and the Xbox LIVE service in general through Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

That's a good excuse but how would ms testers know if they couldn't get mm to work for them?

The cert process is to ensure quality product. It could never have been done with MCC no matter what you claim its end goals are because it wasn't functional.

Not even beta. I would wait at least a week after release.

Between BF4 and MCC's launches, I think I'm done getting big AAA multiplayer games on release day.  I'm just gonna lurk forums and see if they actually deserve my money yet.  BF4 took about 4 months to achieve that, especially playing from Hawaii.

I'm not sure if you are a troll, ignorant or actually just dumb.

Certification DOES NOT test whether the patch improves the game or fixes any bugs. A patch could literally fix every single bug in MCC and still fail cert. It's about making sure it doesn't cause issues with the Xbox OS (e.g. causing your Xbox to freeze, causing other apps to freeze etc.)

Yet it causes the xb to freeze...

Were you scared that copies were going to run out? When's the last time that happened? Games are distributed like movies now. Can't find a copy at Walmart? Go to Target, or Best Buy, or Gamestop, or any other place with a electronic section. Pre-ordering for the sake of securing a copy is useless now.

That's usually my mindset as well, but Best Buy set me up with their gamers club when I bought my Xbox One so I get 20% off all new games. So yes, I was worried about my Best Buy selling out.

I have played more game with my friend in the last 30 minutes than I have since launch, just updating you guys

I figured it out.

Call of Duty devs planted agents in 343i. These agents are now sabotaging the Halo franchise to make people go to Call of Duty.

/Halo

I have wondered along similar lines...

So I have discovered that solo, I find even matches more than not, while with a party it is more likely to give you lopsided matches.