CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Uh... how did it pass cert for original release or going "gold"? Is that a different process?

Certification isn't to test how broken MCC is, it would have obviously failed that (as well as many other AAA titles that released in the past few months). Certification tests are done to see if there is anything that can be used to exploit the Xbox One and the Xbox LIVE service in general through Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want that as well, but too many playlists will spread the already small population even slimmer.

I have an idea that 343i will probably never implement (because it makes far too much sense for them), but one can dream right?

Instead of having multi-game playlists (which, let's face it, suck balls), why not have playlists for each gametype (ex: Doubles, Team Snipers, CTF/Objective, BTB, Rumble Pit) and leave them single-game, but have them rotate between games every week or two.

For example:

WEEK 1:

• Team Doubles: HCE
  • Team Snipers: H2C
  • CTF/Objective: H2A
  • BTB: H3
  • Rumble Pit: H4

WEEK 2:

• Team Doubles: H2C
  • Team Snipers: H2A
  • CTF/Objective: H3
  • BTB: H4
  • Rumble Pit: HCE

etc, etc

This would allow players to experience more variety, while still satisfying the needs of the hardcore people how want to play a certain gametype in a certain game. They could likely automate the whole thing so it wouldn't take more than a press of a button, and there could be a playlist calendar posted on Waypoint or on the Halo Channel.

Sure we won't be able to play 24/7 HCE doubles, but at least we would be able to play 24/7 HCE. Besides, if we really need a HCE doubles fix, we can hit up customs during the off-weeks.

The only real downside to this system is how ranks would be handled. To fix this they could have a few separate, ranked single-game playlists with finely-tuned, community-approved competitive gametypes. 

Even with all the game's problems, my single biggest issue is the lack of thought put into the playlist selection. It seems I'm always playing the same gametypes on the same games and it makes me sick.

What better way to fix this problem than to implement this carousel of single-game playlists and letting players get a taste of all the popular gametypes for each game, instead of only one or two?

Uh... how did it pass cert for original release or going "gold"? Is that a different process?

This:

Certification DOES NOT test whether the patch improves the game or fixes any bugs. A patch could literally fix every single bug in MCC and still fail cert. It's about making sure it doesn't cause issues with the Xbox OS (e.g. causing your Xbox to freeze, causing other apps to freeze etc.)

I thought it was pretty clear from Bonnie's tweet that they would potentially be updating us on the update today... Kinda surprised to see it on the front of beyond actually... maybe I'm wrong =)

I thought it was pretty clear from Bonnie's tweet that they would potentially be updating us on the update today... Kinda surprised to see it on the front of beyond actually... maybe I'm wrong =)

343 hasn't been super clear or consistent with "updates" (text explanations of work) versus updates (software changes to the game, aka a patch), but the mention of certification should confirm that she was talking about a patch. 

That's how I interpreted it, at least.

343 hasn't been super clear or consistent with "updates" (text explanations of work) versus updates (software changes to the game, aka a patch), but the mention of certification should confirm that she was talking about a patch. 

That's how I interpreted it, at least.

Ugh I hope you're right

Can we please get some Oddball in h2a/HCS? the small list they have is already super boring tbh and Quinn apparently saying no to Oddball is starting to worry me on that 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can we please get some Oddball in h2a/HCS? the small list they have is already super boring tbh and Quinn apparently saying no to Oddball is starting to worry me on that 

Yeah idk why they haven't included it in HCS. Maybe there's a game breaking bug?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I completly agree. Lockout/Guardian Ball were my favorite gametypes in their respective games and I think it's sad that they are using Lockout KOTH (which imo is just an awful gametype) and don't even bother with Ball. However, I believe that ball has always been one of the least popular objective Gametypes so I guess that's why they don't include it.

Yeah idk why they haven't included it in HCS. Maybe there's a game breaking bug?

What if oddball solved all these issues? Maybe that is the answer, we just need to play exclusively oddball and the game will be fixed!

Thank the lord, sick and tired of Lockdown TS. It's always interesting for 2 whole minutes. Then there's KOTH which is the exact opposite and makes a tiny ass map way too hectic and always comes down to the last hill because there's no actual control involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completly agree. Lockout/Guardian Ball were my favorite gametypes in their respective games and I think it's sad that they are using Lockout KOTH (which imo is just an awful gametype) and don't even bother with Ball. However, I believe that ball has always been one of the least popular objective Gametypes so I guess that's why they don't include it.

I haven't played h2a yet but I actually like Lockdown KoTH lol. I like Ball/KoTH way more than Slayer for 4s personally, but from that tweet moa showed looks like they'll be adding Oddball thankfully

I'm not sure if you are a troll, ignorant or actually just dumb.

Certification DOES NOT test whether the patch improves the game or fixes any bugs. A patch could literally fix every single bug in MCC and still fail cert. It's about making sure it doesn't cause issues with the Xbox OS (e.g. causing your Xbox to freeze, causing other apps to freeze etc.)

Although I agree with what you said, I do find it somewhat interesting that people have been having the MCC cause their xbox to freeze, require a reboot, and overall just cause complete lack of stability with the xbox OS. Wonder how they were allowed to release a game that should have clearly failed this cert...

• Upvote (+1) 2

why do you think ball has always been disliked?

why do you think ball has always been disliked?

Cause people don't like PTFO'ing and would rather be the "main slayer", whatever the fuck that means. Some players like Walshy would be selfless in objective based games and it was awesome.

Oddball is my favorite gametype btw.

Ball is disliked because it's the game type that takes the most effort and team work to play. Being down any more than 30 seconds in a ball game is just demoralizing and don't let the team that doesn't have the ball push two times in a row and not get it, someone's quitting out right then and there.

• Upvote (+1) 1