CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Gears of War, Rainbow Six series, and one can argue the Unreal/Quake series that added a lot of things/watered a lot of things down towards the end. Rainbow Six 3 gets a slight pass because Black Arrow released after it and was a true amazing sequel to a great game. The Vegas series was a much of a slap in the fact to Rainbow fans as recent Halo games have been to us.

Gears of War? Personally I thought 3 was the best in the series. The shit felt very balanced and smooth, plus it had dedicated servers for a while. Judgement wasn't very good except for Overrun which was fucking awesome. 

They've each gotten worse because they're made by a bunch of Captain Grade 3s who are willfully ignorant about how the game is played. Most of the changes for the worse have been the developers' attempts to "fix" the way skilled players win by dumbing down the weapons and adding randomness.

For example, H2's weapon spawn system was an attempt to "fix" weapon timing in CE because Bungie didn't want people to win that way. Instead of having the gun respawn every 1:00 or whatever in CE, H2 made the gun respawn XX seconds after you drop the empty one. This broke more things than it fixed. Now the team that had the last sniper rifle is the only team that knows when the next one will spawn. It also destroyed map movement and made the game more campy; people got the power weapons and would go camp somewhere (like camping the beach on Zanzibar TS with the snipers and gauss hog) since you didn't have to worry about moving around to secure the next spawn. Bungie apparently didn't anticipate any of this because they're all so bad at their own game, and too arrogant to consult skilled players. This is like having people who can barely play basketball redesigning the rules of the game every year because they get dominated by better players.

Sadly this is true for the vast majority of games.  If someone is good at the game the developers or people in charge think it means the game is imbalanced.  

Gears of War? Personally I thought 3 was the best in the series. The shit felt very balanced and smooth, plus it had dedicated servers for a while. Judgement wasn't very good except for Overrun which was fucking awesome. 

Gears 3 had the best Gnasher out of all the games. Plus I had the flaming one. WINNING

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gears 3 had the best Gnasher out of all the games. Plus I had the flaming one. WINNING

Too bad it added the Sawed-Off as a spawnable weapon and made everything terrible

The first 3 games are nearly identical, with some small differences that make them unique imo. Reach and 4 are the oddballs, and are examples of too much change = bad

All depends on perspective.

None of the Halo games have been as different as Halo CE was to Halo 2. Halo 2 and beyond is "new-era" Halo, which are all more similar than different. Halo CE is a completely different philosophy and game.

I think you're both kinda right. The first 3 games are all pretty different, but at the same time, they're pretty similar. Reach and H4 started the realization the Halo truly was changing. Much more than just some new things like the BR, better graphics, equipment being added, etc. With Reach, and again with H4, shit just got wild. 

Too bad it added the Sawed-Off as a spawnable weapon and made everything terrible

You seen the Judgement Sawed-Off?

"We heard you really despised the Sawed-Off, so we are going to add another shell in the chamber and get rid of Down But Not Out. LEL TOP KEK"

Fuck yeah it did. Plus they fixed the ragdolling and still made smokes do something. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait how'd you get it free? Did I miss something? 

Bought digital and disputed the charge with my bank. Got a refund but they haven't removed access from my account so it's still "playable."

Dude it was so easy to outplay people who had Sawed-Offs. As soon as I would recognize a scrub using one I would just bait them to waste their shots, then come in for the easy kill. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

A lot of Gears players who have been playing since 06 think the original is still the best. 3 did some good things, but there was a lot of stuff that really hindered the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Xbox Magazine #36 with Rainbiw Six 3 multiplayer Demo was the funnest times I ever had while playing xbox live.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gears 3 was the epitome of was Gears fans wanted in Gears 2. Similar to what Halo players have always asked for. Gears 1 gameplay, bumped graphics, a little less OP gnasher. 

Same gameplay, new maps, throwback DLC's, bumped up graphics, dedi's. Everything the hardcore players wanted. 

but if you have a garbage team in CE, you are still probably going to lose...

Don't think I'm picking on you replying to everything :P

Possibly, so far a high percentage of me playing CE in matchmaking (team slayer) has been me carrying my team to victory. The level of AR charging users I come across is ridiculous. Highest amount of kills i got in a 5v5 was 30 on damny.

Matchmaking noobs excluded, Halo CE's balance of individual skill and team skill is amazing. A portion of the team skill also holds you responsible for a lot of what happens to your partner. Anyway, out of any title in the series, Halo CE gives you the best chance to succeed in circumstances that are disadvantageous. Sure, the better partners will most likely win, but it's usually because they played smarter, not had better shots.

I think I see what you are saying by grouping the first 3 as "classic" since they do share some very basic features. The biggest change was indeed from CE to 2, I mean just look at the sandbox. So while I consider CE "THE" Halo, I consider the first 3 to resemble classic halo and the last 2 to be completely different.

The Xbox Magazine #36 with Rainbiw Six 3 multiplayer Demo was the funnest times I ever had while playing xbox live.

What levels were on the demo? I assume Garage and Airport? The maps were amazing, even a map as shitty as Carnival that seemingly funneled players to create stalemates had a lot of versatility.

Now that I think of it the game had tons of glitches that involved the lean feature. You can even lean through the wall on Garage by yellow car and kill people in the parking lot. Loved that shit.

I've heard a lot of varied opinions, most do say 3 is WAY better than 2, claim that Gears 1 is the best, and Judgement never existed. I only spent a lot of time on Gears 1.

Gears 3 was the epitome of was Gears fans wanted in Gears 2. Similar to what Halo players have always asked for. Gears 1 gameplay, bumped graphics, a little less OP gnasher.

Dude, wtf? Gears 3 gameplay is nothing like Gears 1 gameplay. You are making me rage right now.

God that statement is so wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone needs a 4th let me know 

There's a Free Agents thread that your post can probably be seen by people who are actively looking for one. 

Is a new update supposed to come out this week or what's the latest news? I'm battling finals right now, so I haven't been able to keep up with things as much as I would like to

Dude, wtf? Gears 3 gameplay is nothing like Gears 1 gameplay. You are making me rage right now.

God that statement is so wrong.

Yeah, have to agree there.

Gears 1 had really rigid wallbouncing, better maps across the board (CANALS MAN) and I just preferred the art style.

Gears 3 you could change your AR and Shotty, didn't change much overall apart from that queer sawed off, was basically the boltshot of the series, you could mantle over walls and the wallbouncing was at least a million times better

All 3 Gears games are beast, and I would love Black Tusk to focus on the competitive side, much like 343 are "claiming" they are trying to do. Marcus Fenix Collection PLS  (without the shitty launch MCC had)

yup, and I wont lie, every time I get 4v5, i pretty much just end up losing the desire to even try, because 90% of the time the three other people on my team are either a kid and a guest or 2 of them dont have a clue what they are doing, or another person quits

That, combined with how unforgiving Halo 2 is makes uneven teams awful. You get out BRed, than you lose all power weapons, its just merciless. And why? Because 343 can't properly code a few if statements...it goes like this 343:

If (Blue team == Red team)

danStart the game

else

danDon't start the fucking game

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha, I played the shit out of that game! The guys exploiting the side crouch strafe kinda ruined it though.

That Airport spawn rape though!

• Upvote (+1) 1