CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Funny new H1 bug I haven't seen yet...

I was 20-0 on Chill out in Matchmaking and decided to play with my flashlight on for the rest of the game. Well apparently if you zoom in with the sniper and your flashlight on, your scope turns green? And even when you turn your flashlight off, your sniper scope continues to have a green hue on it, haha.

Anyone else see this yet? I know how much you all love your flashlights.

Night vision, activated!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sonic is like Halo, original trilogy is the GOAT, all games after blow

Sonic Racing Transformed is the GOAT racing game though.

Its not as much people who waited on next gen until this came out, as people who bought an Xbox One just for this one game, and now are irate about it. You bought a $350-$400 dollar system, and 1 $60 dollar game, and now complain that they don't use their xbox

Point is that Halo / 343 had a passionate fanbase who was willing to spend up to 6-7 times the game's value to be able to experience a good Halo game again. A lot of people who didn't own an Xbox One or didn't necessarily have cash available for it did whatever it took to prepare themselves to experience Halo again ever since the E3 announcement. People were excited, after some awful 4 long years (some would argue even 7).

343 took all of this and spat on it and all we got in return are apologies and an experience that's too far from fun to be called a game.

Can't fucking blame people for being pissed here, can we?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just been thinking about the series as a whole and where we're at...

Can anyone think of another video game series that has consistently gotten worse and worse like Halo? It's crazy when you actually think about the fact that there have been 4 sequels in the series and without fail each one has been worse than the previous iteration. I don't know of any other games with a similar track record that long.

Smash brothers after melee. 

Brawl sucks and the new game just looks slow, I could be wrong but it doesn't look competitive. 

I can't help but laugh at people who bought an Xbox one just for MCC

This comment just baffles my mind.  I have a lot of hobbies, including gaming, and I've bought stuff to do those hobbies.  I have to buy new tires each year to ride my motorcycle and I had to buy the Xbox One to play my favorite game.  So yeah, your comment confuses me.  You don't have hobbies?  You've never needed to buy something to do something you enjoy spending your time in?

And no I don't use my tires every day.  I probably put 1,000 - 2,000 miles on the moto alone every year which is not much.  But I had to buy it to enjoy a pastime I love doing.  Same shit for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Brawl sucks and the new game just looks slow, I could be wrong but it doesn't look competitive. 

Eh. I'm big on Smash Bros. and after Melee is only 2 games. Brawl was indeed garbage, I think Smash 4 will end up being a little better than Brawl but it won't touch Melee that's for sure.

Sonic is probably a better example although to be totally honest I think Sonic games have always sucked. I don't think I ever really "got" Sonic because whenever I say that people think I'm crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I bought an X1 just for Halo and I'd do it again. Halo 5 looks promising and when the MCC does work it's amazing, hopefully they can get these issues worked out though.

Some people seem to think that putting out patches for such a huge game should take hours, not weeks or months. Yes, they should have had it working before they decided to ship it, but changing the games' code has to be done delicately or you risk breaking the game even further. Having so much of it outsourced is what's really hurting them right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It might be different for other people but I bought an Xbox and the Xbox 360 solely because I could play Halo. Sure, I played other games besides Halo but that was only when I wanted a little change of pace. 

My analogy to this would be eating a steak dinner. You pay the extra bucks for a good steak and eat the vegetables because they come with it. If the vegetables aren't good it is not going to ruin your meal. If the steak is bad it is another story entirely.

Halo = Steak

COD, titanfall, etc = vegetables

(at least in my book)

I stopped thinking of Halo as any kind of "steak" a long long time ago. 

At least with Nintendo you know it isn't their goal to make Smash Brothers a good competitive game so it isn't as big of a let down.

Eh. I'm big on Smash Bros. and after Melee is only 2 games. Brawl was indeed garbage, I think Smash 4 will end up being a little better than Brawl but it won't touch Melee that's for sure.

Sonic is probably a better example although to be totally honest I think Sonic games have always sucked. I don't think I ever really "got" Sonic because whenever I say that people think I'm crazy.

I love me the 64 version. Sorry if I made it sound like it was bad. 

Although it is two games the games have been roughly over the same time period of Halo's decline. I remember smash having some mlg tournaments alongside halo 3. 

The number 1 issue in the gaming industry to me is the fact companies release multiple versions of a game over a short period of time. It puts developers in a rock between a hard place. You have to make a "new" game while still making the game seem familiar. Why not take a starcraft 2 or league of legends approach. Update it and add new mechanics/content etc over its lifetime of say 5-7 years?

PS - I am a scumbag kirby and "b pressing/fireball spammer" mario player in that game lol

At least with Nintendo you know it isn't their goal to make Smash Brothers a good competitive game so it isn't as big of a let down.

Yeah true. That is a huge gripe I have with them. This is off topic but,

They make it seem like melee can't be a party game because it is competitive. But if you put melee in the hands of me or some of my friends it still is basically a party game. We can't wavedash, di, tech chase, all of that stuff in any fashion. Game was still fun to dick around on though. 

I feel very frustrated lately as a gamer... This whole "false advertising" of games is running rampant...

And Batchford sorry to jump from H2A to halo 5, it's just my general saltiness and desire for 343 to fail out of spite...Not smart I know but I'm one of those that the mountain is laughing at right now for buying the console just for this game and I'm feeling especially pissed off.

red4wiq.png

Thanks bro needed that lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Funny new H1 bug I haven't seen yet...

I was 20-0 on Chill out in Matchmaking and decided to play with my flashlight on for the rest of the game. Well apparently if you zoom in with the sniper and your flashlight on, your scope turns green? And even when you turn your flashlight off, your sniper scope continues to have a green hue on it, haha.

Anyone else see this yet? I know how much you all love your flashlights.

Night vision, activated!

They show you how to do that in the campaign during Truth & Reconciliation (3rd level)

Funny how it carries over to multiplayer because there's not really a use for it, or even a use for it in campaign really lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally get a 5v5 game and I have 1 afk teammate and one who jumps off the map and then quits out. Seriously fuck this game already. Got this shit free and I still feel ripped off.

Wait how'd you get it free? Did I miss something? 

The first 3 games are nearly identical, with some small differences that make them unique imo. Reach and 4 are the oddballs, and are examples of too much change = bad

All depends on perspective.

None of the Halo games have been as different as Halo CE was to Halo 2. Halo 2 and beyond is "new-era" Halo, which are all more similar than different. Halo CE is a completely different philosophy and game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Nah you didn't. I play 64 competitively, it's my favorite game of the series. I dabble in Melee & PM (love watching Melee though). You should join the Smash discussion thread: http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/4002-super-smash-bros-discussion/

I will definitely start frequenting that group. Also two more smash sentences, please don't smite me down mods :o  

Played  64 smash in the dorms, we all thought we were "good", then I had the bright idea to look up 64 smash pros. Isai playing link is simply a thing of beauty. 

I stopped thinking of Halo as any kind of "steak" a long long time ago. 

:( Halo 4 and Reach have done that to me. If you have been feeling that since Halo 2, well damn, I feel for you. 

I don't even play Halo anymore but I miss it. What's more is I can't stop talking about what could make it better or bring it back to its former glory. I am guessing a person never really lets go of Halo huh? 

None of the Halo games have been as different as Halo CE was to Halo 2. Halo 2 and beyond is "new-era" Halo, which are all more similar than different. Halo CE is a completely different philosophy and game.

I look at it as the same, just with a different way of spawning. People blow it CE way out of proportion imo

Can anyone think of another video game series that has consistently gotten worse and worse like Halo? It's crazy when you actually think about the fact that there have been 4 sequels in the series and without fail each one has been worse than the previous iteration. I don't know of any other games with a similar track record that long.

Gears of War, Rainbow Six series, and one can argue the Unreal/Quake series that added a lot of things/watered a lot of things down towards the end. Rainbow Six 3 gets a slight pass because Black Arrow released after it and was a true amazing sequel to a great game. The Vegas series was a much of a slap in the fact to Rainbow fans as recent Halo games have been to us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I look at it as the same, just with a different way of spawning. People blow it CE way out of proportion imo

If you look at how the game actually plays, from a high-level perspective, there are two main "styles:"

Individual Ability - Halo CE

Team Shot is everything - Halo 2, 3, 4, Reach.

There are a lot of factors contributing to why, but the bottom line is that I care about elements that impact to how the game plays. I would have had fun with Halo 4 if the strafe was better, the weapons harder to use, and the kill times decreased. Even with all of the extra garbage, those core changes drastically impact how the game plays, which is what matters. 

In Halo CE, I can play as an individual away from my teammates (that doesn't mean no teamwork) and have a dramatic impact on the game. In no other Halo game is that possible. There is the key difference.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you look at how the game actually plays, from a high-level perspective, there are two main "styles:"

Individual Ability - Halo CE

Team Shot is everything - Halo 2, 3, 4, Reach.

There are a lot of factors contributing to why, but the bottom line is that I care about elements that impact to how the game plays. I would have had fun with Halo 4 if the strafe was better, the weapons harder to use, and the kill times decreased. Even with all of the extra garbage, those core changes drastically impact how the game plays, which is what matters. 

In Halo CE, I can play as an individual away from my teammates (that doesn't mean no teamwork) and have a dramatic impact on the game. In no other Halo game is that possible.

but if you have a garbage team in CE, you are still probably going to lose...

They've each gotten worse because they're made by a bunch of Captain Grade 3s who are willfully ignorant about how the game is played. Most of the changes for the worse have been the developers' attempts to "fix" the way skilled players win by dumbing down the weapons and adding randomness.

For example, H2's weapon spawn system was an attempt to "fix" weapon timing in CE because Bungie didn't want people to win that way. Instead of having the gun respawn every 1:00 or whatever in CE, H2 made the gun respawn XX seconds after you drop the empty one. This broke more things than it fixed. Now the team that had the last sniper rifle is the only team that knows when the next one will spawn. It also destroyed map movement and made the game more campy; people got the power weapons and would go camp somewhere (like camping the beach on Zanzibar TS with the snipers and gauss hog) since you didn't have to worry about moving around to secure the next spawn. Bungie apparently didn't anticipate any of this because they're all so bad at their own game, and too arrogant to consult skilled players. This is like having people who can barely play basketball redesigning the rules of the game every year because they get dominated by better players.

Twitter.com/Halo hasn't said anything about a new patch for quite awhile now. I'm beginning to feel  :salt: