CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I had a funny bug today splitscreening.

I was searching team slayer with my friend signed in as a guest. I couldn't find a game (not exactly surprising) but it kept adding another guest in the player slot, so after about 5 minutes of waiting I was searching with 11 guest "Raging Nabby (1)" tags filling up my player list.

I think I've probably encountered a good 3-4 dozen unique bugs that randomly happen to never be seen again. And these are outside the bugs I see everyone else talking about on the forums. I wonder how high the total bug count is in this game. Is it in the high hundreds or even the thousands?

While waiting for a game, which of course turned out to be H2, I decided to watch that hour long halo 5 gameplay. I got to "Control the power weapons to dominate the enemy team" before I turned it off. I'm not even going to bother with the beta. I will not be fooled and disappointed again for the 10th year in a row.

In other news if anyone is down for some halo 1 customs now, add me. My GT is Rawkher. Freezing rain is keeping me inside all day.

Yeah, they need to change Jeff's voice man... 

However I really like how they show off where the power weapons spawn etc as the intro, reminds me of old MLG Halo broadcasts where they pan the map and show the weapons and timers. MLG do it for CoD now, so glad that staple has stayed with Halo.

See, I'm a bit afraid to play CE customs, because I pretty much suck at all Halo games now for lack of practice, new controller that I don't really like (the sticks/tension are my main issue, along with the bumpers), being flat-out old as hell lol, take your pick.

But I had planned to practice and hopefully improve; re-learn everything I once knew about CE many years ago and hopefully much more. But I hate joining custom game lobbies and being the absolute worst player in there lol. Especially with CE enthusiasts, who are usually far from slouches when it comes to skill in the game.

I generally do the best in CE compared to all the other games in the collection when I occasionally do get to play matchmaking and it's not a 5v3 (which I now just dashboard soon as I see that, regardless of which team I'm on) and it's not a colossal lag fest. Up until last night, every game of CE for me, which is about a dozen total, was a great connection and I went at least 50-75% positive with kills in the mid to upper teens, while every other game I'd average in the neighborhood of 8-12 kills / 6-10 deaths on a good day. It's really backward, seeing as how CE is far more difficult / skillful, has less auto-aim, etc.

But in any case (or TL;DR), if you don't mind playing with someone who plays at a semi-rookie level at the moment, I'm available lol. GT = Fyrecide

Yo! That's exacly to type of people I'd be interested in playing customs with.

I'm hosting H2/H3 customs friday night. Would you be interested?

Ughhhhh.......

im losing the will to even turn on my xbone.

Don't blame you. I also actually played against you the other day on Lockout. Surprise, surprise it was some 5v4 (you were on the team of 4 lol)

That's my problem with 343: they're continuing their advertising for MCC full-bore, and they are saying little to nothing in any sort of widely public forum about the glaring and severely outstanding issues that make the game next to unplayable for the vast majority of people, campaign included...

This

It seems like this is now bordering criminal false advertising.

If this were a PC game being sold on steam, it would have been pulled and refunds would have been processed and the game would have been available for sale when it actually worked. I have lost all faith that this game will be fixed, 343s silence is a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If this were a PC game being sold on steam, it would have been pulled and refunds would have been processed and the game would have been available for sale when it actually worked. I have lost all faith that this game will be fixed, 343s silence is a joke.

You not see Frankie's GAF post?

Don't blame you. I also actually played against you the other day on Lockout. Surprise, surprise it was some 5v4 (you were on the team of 4 lol)

yup, and I wont lie, every time I get 4v5, i pretty much just end up losing the desire to even try, because 90% of the time the three other people on my team are either a kid and a guest or 2 of them dont have a clue what they are doing, or another person quits

You not see Frankie's GAF post?

No, i didn't. I'm not sure if you are joking or not, i don't find a forum post adequate for a status update.

But if you are serious, is there a link?

• Upvote (+1) 2

While waiting for a game, which of course turned out to be H2, I decided to watch that hour long halo 5 gameplay. I got to "Control the power weapons to dominate the enemy team" before I turned it off. I'm not even going to bother with the beta. I will not be fooled and disappointed again for the 10th year in a row.

In other news if anyone is down for some halo 1 customs now, add me. My GT is Rawkher. Freezing rain is keeping me inside all day.

I also just watched that hour gameplay recently.  I honestly dont understand why there are any people who are saying, "Its not like COD/Titanfall, etc etc."  Honestly the only thing that is "Halo" are the spartans, the longer kill times and the bland maps.

It truly breaks my heart to see spartans sprinting, boosting to the side, climbing on walls, ADS'n, etc etc. 

"Oh but you dont have to ADS bear! and you have to wait for your shield to come back while sprinting!!!"

to that I say, big f'n deal, ADS is ADS, and I dont need my shield to recharge while I am sprinting away, I will just sprint away until I am hiding in a corner and then just let my shields recharge. the same crappy thing I did in Halo 4 for 2 weeks until I brought the game back to gamestop. 

Sorry for the rant, just had to vent a little. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

But they haven't communicated through waypoint. Not to mention, if he is being serious about not updating the community because of some 12 year olds sending fake death threats, then 343i is in a lot more trouble than i originally thought with their management team. And i don't believe for a second they are working so hard they are too busy to type out an update that may take an hour to dream up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But they haven't communicated through waypoint. Not to mention, if he is being serious about not updating the community because of some 12 year olds sending fake death threats, then 343i is in a lot more trouble than i originally thought with their management team. And i don't believe for a second they are working so hard they are too busy to type out an update that may take an hour to dream up.

I think their silence just means they have nothing of value to say. I honestly believe they still don't have a proper fix for this game yet, which is rather scary. Once Christmas comes and goes, and a whole load of other consumers find out how rushed and shitty MCC is, 343 and Halo will be done. Not much coming back from it tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think their silence just means they have nothing of value to say. I honestly believe they still don't have a proper fix for this game yet, which is rather scary. Once Christmas comes and goes, and a whole load of other consumers find out how rushed and shitty MCC is, 343 and Halo will be done. Not much coming back from it tbh.

343 will be done, but MS will not drop Halo. Hopefully find a decent dev this time, yeah?

343 will be done, but MS will not drop Halo. Hopefully find a decent dev this time, yeah?

Yeah, I know MS wouldn't let go of Halo, I mean their reputation will be tarnished and H5 sales will be affected massively which will directly impact MS.

I really hope they learn a lesson from this; STOP FUCKING RUSHING GAMES, MICROSOFT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

microsoft should 100% drop 343 - give Halo to someone else. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, I know MS wouldn't let go of Halo, I mean their reputation will be tarnished and H5 sales will be affected massively which will directly impact MS.

I really hope they learn a lesson from this; STOP FUCKING RUSHING GAMES, MICROSOFT.

People can dream right? Unless if H5 is the titties, but I doubt it

The only way they can make it up to me in a Halo related way is to invest a lot of effort into making CE the greatest version possible. I know that's not the high majority but regardless, that's what I would like. An unrelated way they can make it up to me is to remake a Shadowrun like game, considering they have so much experience already coding the abilities they "innovated" from shadowrun.

• Upvote (+1) 4

People can dream right? Unless if H5 is the titties, but I doubt it

all it takes is watching the beta gameplay to know that Halo is no longer Halo anymore. 

and if people want to sprint around maps, double jump, ADS, have "exo/spartan" abilities - all they simply must do is stick with COD, a game that they know. 343 listens to the fans?  well the fans spoke loud and clear after the release of H4 (even the casual community), and 343 has made it loud and clear on their end that they do not care what the fans say.  They just keep ruining the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to say this, and people are probably going to disagree with me but here it goes.

I watched the MLG Open Finals games for AW last night, I surprisingly didn't hate it but it gave me a headache because there was so much going on. Maybe that's a problem with me and the fact I've watched pretty much exclusively Halo when it comes to competitive gaming, but it was hard to focus on what was happening.

I've felt this way watching Halo 5 gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know how 343 want to stop numbering titles after H5? How hilarious would it be (that's if 343 still exists after this tragedy Halo is going through) that they named a game "Combat ______" (preferably Combat Wheelchair) and it was supposed to be H1, but WITH SPRINT.

Honestly it would be one of the funniest things just to see the reaction, lol

all it takes is watching the beta gameplay to know that Halo is no longer Halo anymore. 

and if people want to sprint around maps, double jump, ADS, have "exo/spartan" abilities - all they simply must do is stick with COD, a game that they know. 343 listens to the fans?  well the fans spoke loud and clear after the release of H4 (even the casual community), and 343 has made it loud and clear on their end that they do not care what the fans say.  They just keep ruining the game. 

GROUND POUND METAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No they need to pay Bungie a consultation fee to send a crew over and get this game straightened out! No way in hell Bungie would have ever released a game this broken.  Sure Bungie had some issues with Halo at times, but damn, this is seriously broken. I wish now they had just release this as a boxed set of individual games.  I know it would have split the community, but I'm guessing the code that's driving the UI that's trying to stitch all these games together, is the very thing that's breaking the MCC as a whole.  

• Downvote (-1) 2