CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

put sprint in any halo game and it ruins it.

You not read my previous posts? I never said at all that I supported Sprint, I know what it does to map design. I will be on the front lines supporting the No Sprint campaign when the Beta goes live.

All Halo games have had the same gunplay "feel", that is the point I was trying to get across. Weather it will be a good Halo game or not will be a different story.

As far as that conspiracy goes, I lean more on 343 wanting to kill MCC because a year isn't enough time for people to actually move on from real Halo to play a shitty one in Halo 5 and they know that.

Ah, conspiracies.  Fun and pointless.

Why would they want to kill something that's profitable and makes people around the world happy? They're not some sort of fucking demons in disguise. There was just an obvious way to make money to celebrate Halo 2's 10th anniversary while not upsetting people who loved H2 MP and showing it some love, and the clever higher-ups at Microsoft acknowledged that when green-lighting MCC. On top of that, you can even bring in the CE lovers.

The main problem is WHEN was that decision made, and was it realistically possible to make a successful, working product within that time window, let alone test it? Looks like not. That's the kind of stuff that happens when you count on nextgen to make it possible to roll a million different patches, and then you have to patch in half of the game because it wasn't ready to be on the disc in the first place, but the deadline was there.

Long story short, higher-ups wanted to make cash, tried to make the impossible possible due to deadlines, turns out it wasn't possible, but "thank God we have patches... now let's just do damage control and PR until the patches are set to roll out".

And here we are. They planned on making the competitive crowd transition over to H5 via HCS anyway, and it doesn't matter if people want to stick to MCC, at the end of the day, they bought either MCC or H5 which is in no way, shape or form a loss for Microsoft, quite the opposite. I guarantee you it was more profitable to build the hype back up for Halo via MCC and then to ship out H5 than H5 on its own.

As for the non-competitive crowd... well they've been buying every Halo title since, don't see that changing now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh okay thanks. Guess I have it then lol.

you would instantly get a download prompt after starting the game. If you didn't, you have it. 

Finding games is a whole lot easier but after games is the issue. I get frozen sometimes at the match results. Other times, I can't back out with someone in my party. Getting better each update but they still have a lot of issues to clear up with us.

They'll put a toggle option in game settings. Not available in the beta.

to split the community again? not happening. It's either sprint or no sprint across the entire game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

to split the community again? not happening. It's either sprint or no sprint across the entire game.

I'm not saying that's what I would like. I'm saying it because it'll probably happen.

I'm not saying that's what I would like. I'm saying it because it'll probably happen.

It won't. If 343 want a comp game out of the box, they can only have one or the other. There should be no toggles for gameplay features at all, I would rather have Sprint 100% than have a toggle.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it won't happen. Quinn already killed the whole "let's create out own settings and the casuals can play their game" thing with a reply on twitter some months back. 343 wants everyone to play the same game out the box, with minor changes for competitive obviously (no radar). Look at H2A, maps are left in their default state, the only things changed are no radar and some other minor stuff to the gametypes.

I don't want to play a completely different game from everyone else. there needs to be a unified experience throughout the entire game. I also don 't want sprint....shit.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why doesn't this community have more of a say on what we want in Halo 5? All there doing by putting sprint and ground pound in Halo 5 is building a wider audience. They will grab a few people from Destiny and Call of Duty and be happy with it. This is a business. Lets not forget that.

Why doesn't this community have more of a say on what we want in Halo 5? All there doing by putting sprint and ground pound in Halo 5 is building a wider audience. They will grab a few people from Destiny and Call of Duty and be happy with it. This is a business. Lets not forget that.

We've said no sprint for four fucking years. We are trying.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ironically, and realistically, whether they know it or not. The best sales strategy for Halo 5 is the best MCC possible. It just is. Just imagine how awesome it would be, if by some miracle, they could truly extract all the potential out MCC.

If they did, each and every one of us would be so thankful, so grateful, that it would be impossible for us to not thank them. Therefore, I for one would definitely buy Halo 5. Just to thank them. But at the moment, they deserve no thanks and no respect.

Why would I spend another $60 just to "thank" them? Was my first $60 (and xb1 purchase) not good enought to get the game I paid for?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone else still have rumble in H3 even though you turned it off? I cannot play Halo with rumble on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else still have rumble in H3 even though you turned it off? I cannot play Halo with rumble on.

Turn off trigger impulse in the h3 controller settings

• Upvote (+1) 2

73% of the halo community wants sprint gone from halo.

results from a 343 employee's poll on waypoint

73% of the halo community wants sprint gone from halo.

results from a 343 employee's poll on waypoint

Even in GAF and /r/games and other general gaming communities. No one fucking likes it and the people that do like don't really care. Take sprint out.

• Upvote (+1) 3