CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Not really. Matchmaking is like playing roulette for me right now.  Finding 5v5 games in under 15 seconds, searching for 15 minutes not finding a single player, game freezing or getting thrown into custom game lobbies with random people. You never know what will happen. It is kind of adventurous

• Upvote (+1) 1

But idk, I think MCC was a ploy to sell consoles, it was never meant to be a quality game

That thought infuriates me. Mostly because I fell for it. 

Even though just last night I posted on here that I wouldn't return Halo and sell my XBone and shit, if Halo 5 is unplayable, and MCC is still a joke (hopefully one of these will not be true), I will definitely sell my console. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Patch has made finding matches faster, pretty fast actually. Now as for the quality of those matches.... This all towards the H2C playlist

-I played 5 matches and they were all one sided (Ranks please)

-The playlist is very inconsistent towards your starting amount of grenades. You should always be spawning with two grenades but I've played a lot of games where you just spawn with 1 grenade (foundation, gemini etc.)

-Fix the max lobby count to 8. This will have such a beneficial effect, it is incredible. It'll get you faster matches and there will be a lesser chance of starting with uneven teams cause now that'll only happen with a lobby of 7 rather than with a lobby of 9 as well.

-Still having trouble balancing the teams, but that is mostly due to the game stating "Match found" when there are only 7 or 9 players in the lobby

The grenade count and max lobby count can and should be corrected as fast as possible. No ranks is really not good, as much as I love Halo, a big incentive is taken away when there are no ranks. You said ranks are coming soon, abide your word 343.

the grenade count is directly related to player count. Just like in OG h2 any time there is more than 8 players the grenades are reduced to 1 per person. I'm not completely sure but this may also happen if 9 players are in the lobby but only 8 make it into the game.

I cant speak for other games but H2C bullet registration is garbage for me. Anyone else?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I cant speak for other games but H2C bullet registration is garbage for me. Anyone else?

I'd love to answer your question, but it's trying to find a game for 45 minutes now. It's far worse than before the patch for me.

Since the update a haven't been able to play a single game. Just sticks on Searching For Players... Back to CoD I guess...

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I played for about 5 hours last night. Things are much improved considering I managed to play for that long without raging from the search times. Finding games works about as fast as it should 90% of the time. The other 10% nothing ever happens and you have to re search. When playing with 1 friend we have zero problems really. Anything more than that and occassionaly we would get split on different teams or 1 person would get put in a lobby by himself. The one major problem I had all night was after a game ended if there was 7 players in the game it would try to create a team. Because they are uneven but you only need 6 to start a game it would get stuck on creating teams forever and we had to back out. Starting a new lobby is much easier now that the roster menu works much better and friends had an easier time joining my game

It's garbage for everyone cause they ported h2 vista

The absolute worst version of halo 2 ever produced

And it's not going to get better, that's just how the game is

We played quite a few games last night. Wasn't working very well right after the patch but got better. We even had all 3 of us on the same team about 95% of the games. It's progress but has a long long way to go.

It's garbage for everyone cause they ported h2 vista

The absolute worst version of halo 2 ever produced

And it's not going to get better, that's just how the game is

Is it something that can't be fixed? When I shoot cross map I honestly watch at least 2-4 shots hit without doing anything at all to their shields.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it something that can't be fixed? When I shoot cross map I honestly watch at least 2-4 shots hit without doing anything at all to their shields.

Can it be fixed? I doubt it

And if they could fix it, I doubt they would

Do you really want a ranking system with all the crashes and uneven teams right? I know I don't.

Believe it or not I get a lot of even games and I win a fair amount of my 3v4 or 4v5 games anyway. I just want competent teammates for once. They ranks will be reset anyway so who the fuck cares.

Tl;dr Yes. I do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We played quite a few games last night. Wasn't working very well right after the patch but got better. We even had all 3 of us on the same team about 95% of the games. It's progress but has a long long way to go.

That shouldn't even be in play. This game should've been made right from the start. They fooled us all. What is sad is that Halo is the greatest video game franchise ever. Its fan base is so damn loyal to the game. But if this shit continues, I might call it a quits for good.

Yeah, because one broken ass product is totally going to convince people to buy the next one.

That's a cute thought but you know this disaster won't stop Halo 5 from selling ******** amounts.  It doesn't make any sense but somehow most people won't care about this whole thing when Halo 5 arrives.

So.....is anybody finding success or improvement with the new update?

I played for around three hours last night, and I would say that the patch has definitely improved match making.

For starters, I searched team slayer most of the time with a party of three, and we ended up on the same team 95% of the time. While this is still not good, it is a drastic improvement from where the game was pre-update. Unfortunately, when we added a 4th player to the party all hell broke lose, and our party was split 90% of the games. Needless to say, that the logic of team creation still leaves a lot to be desired, as our party of four was split, even when the game launched with eight players. On that subject, the game still seems to prefer that there are ten player present before launching the game, which is why I don't understand why 343i still hasn't fixed the maximum number of players in all the playlists.

I would definitely say that search times have been reduced, and the stability of the game has been improved as well. I was successfully able to play four games of MM in a row, before having to dashboard the game. It's sad that we should view being able to play back-to-back games as a "success," but that is the current reality for MCC.

It also seemed like the roster page loaded a lot faster after the update, which made getting in the same party (after the inevitable trip to the dashboard) A LOT easier. We also had very few issues getting into the same lobby with each other, which was also a huge improvement.

I am finding games alot easier in parties now. However they are still uneven at times and have other issues, this one made me laugh though, I definitely have my language set to English on my console.

alrightythen.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pfff sales strategies are so much more twisted than you think nowadays. They have statistics for player behaviour, time of play, long-term interest and so on. 343's sale strategy for Halo 4 was: Hype the game to the max, hopefully they only realize how bad and half-baked the game is when its too late. This one is pretty similar.

And you wanna tell me they release the most awesome game-bundle ever, give you Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 multiplayer etc. WITHOUT worrying at all how that's gonna affect demand for Halo 5? Please.

Ironically, and realistically, whether they know it or not. The best sales strategy for Halo 5 is the best MCC possible. It just is. Just imagine how awesome it would be, if by some miracle, they could truly extract all the potential out MCC.

If they did, each and every one of us would be so thankful, so grateful, that it would be impossible for us to not thank them. Therefore, I for one would definitely buy Halo 5. Just to thank them. But at the moment, they deserve no thanks and no respect.

I don't know what it is, but I get severe lag every time I play in H2A customs or matchmaking. 

H2C and H3 customs seem to work fine, but every time I play H2A it's just solid red bar and it may have more host advantage than any other previous Halo title (including H2C). 

Ironically, and realistically, whether they know it or not. The best sales strategy for Halo 5 is the best MCC possible. It just is. Just imagine how awesome it would be, if by some miracle, they could truly extract all the potential out MCC.

If they did, each and every one of us would be so thankful, so grateful, that it would be impossible for us to not thank them. Therefore, I for one would definitely buy Halo 5. Just to thank them. But at the moment, they deserve no thanks and no respect.

I'm not saying your post is incorrect, cause it's not, but if they had extracted the true potential from MCC and gave me true-to-xbox Halo CE on XBL (and a playlist would be nice), I probably wouldn't even bother buying Halo 5 cause I'd only be playing MCC.

Just tried to do Reclaimer on Halo 4, solo Legendary. Easy level, just long as hell. Only doing it again because of a glitch with playlists when save/quitting, the game turns it into a co-op games next time you play it.

So I run through it, get to the final section with Wraiths - spend a good ten minutes trying to get a Wraith and blowing up four of them for an achievement - get that. Quickly do the trick to skip a little segment at the end of the level, pick up the Target Designator, fire it and the cutscene starts to play and BAM.

Fucking

Game

Crashes

Lose all that progress and not a single bit of it fucking saved.

I seem to be experiencing an issue with H2A Ranked.  It never passes "Searching for Players..." / "Searching for more Players..." (Left for 30+ minutes out of curiosity).

Anyone else having this issue?  All other playlists are working great! (1-2 min searches)

Just tried to do Reclaimer on Halo 4, solo Legendary. Easy level, just long as hell. Only doing it again because of a glitch with playlists when save/quitting, the game turns it into a co-op games next time you play it.

So I run through it, get to the final section with Wraiths - spend a good ten minutes trying to get a Wraith and blowing up four of them for an achievement - get that. Quickly do the trick to skip a little segment at the end of the level, pick up the Target Designator, fire it and the cutscene starts to play and BAM.

Fucking

Game

Crashes

Lose all that progress and not a single bit of it fucking saved.

We should totally play some more H2C FFA's soon with the Beyond squad