CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

currently getting a 8v8 on warlock, lfg!!!!

Edit: nvm, game crashed.  That reminds me, has anyone noticed if the player count goes higher than the max, the game now crashes no matter what?

When testing my matchmaking connection (the fix for the "Moderate NAT" thing), I got a message afterward saying,

"Your network is good, but Xbox Live isn't"

(No fucking kidding)

It continues,

"Sorry, there's a problem on our side. We're working on it. Online features will come back in a while."

"The followin services are experiencing issues:

• Social and Gaming

• TV, Music and video"

So... basically EVERYTHING THE GOD DAMNED MACHINE IS SUPPOSED TO DO? Lmfao. Ugh Jesus Howard Christ...

Finding games fast and they have all been with even teams :)

I can live with 5v5 for now

Is this an improvement? Seriously. Waiting to know that if I invest into MCC I won't throw my xb out the window.

Seems like every patch makes improvements and springs smaller issues in it's wake which is to be expected when putting in new code. I'm glad to see them working so hard and I really do hope that they get some time to celebrate the holiday. If they continue this work, Id expect most major issues completely ironed out by Christmas

When testing my matchmaking connection (the fix for the "Moderate NAT" thing), I got a message afterward saying,

"Your network is good, but Xbox Live isn't"

(No fucking kidding)

It continues,

"Sorry, there's a problem on our side. We're working on it. Online features will come back in a while."

"The followin services are experiencing issues:

• Social and Gaming

• TV, Music and video"

So... basically EVERYTHING THE GOD DAMNED MACHINE IS SUPPOSED TO DO? Lmfao. Ugh Jesus Howard Christ...

Your MCC isn't updating?

Why does it take 8 seconds to quit a game now? They've made a mockery of the classic rage quit.

Just don't.

Just had my first ever GOOD match/connection fr H2C! Along with my new controller that doesn't have 40% dead zone range, I did really well: two dubs, a trip, spree, etc. Lockout TS, 4v4, went 13 & 3. Actually legit 4-shot at least half of those kills. Night and day difference from my last H2C game last night.

If this continues, I may actually keep playing MCC.

Your MCC isn't updating?

It updated. I just run multiplayer connection test to change my "Moderate NAT" to "Open NAT" before playing to help improve things.

So far, update + the new non-updated controller (e.g. controller without the Titanfall patch that fucks up the dead zone radius for the analogue sticks) = sex. 10/10. 100%.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just had my first ever GOOD match/connection fr H2C! Along with my new controller that doesn't have 40% dead zone range, I did really well: two dubs, a trip, spree, etc. Lockout TS, 4v4, went 13 & 3. Actually legit 4-shot at least half of those kills. Night and day difference from my last H2C game last night.

how does one get this controller?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No he isn't.

Yes, he is. Complaining about people posting improvements to solo matchmaking will discourage people from doing so. It certainly won't bolster the prospect.

My friends in retail are all working Thankgiving. Even the companies that are praised for not having their employees working on Thanksgiving like Gamestop are still making their employees come in at 11 PM to open for black friday deals.

If Gamestop employees have to work on Thanksgiving, I don't really see the difference in making 343 employees work on Thanksgiving. Sure, no one should have to work on holidays, but let's not pretend like they are the only people being forced to work on Thankgiving.

how does one get this controller?

I described how a few pages back where I quoted Teapot.

Essentially, buy new stand-alone XB1 controller, DO NOT PLUG IT IN AN UPDATE IT IN ANY WAY, put old controller (so long as it's not really worn out or otherwise in bad shape) in newly purchased controller's box, return to store claiming "Didn't need this after all, my controller wasn't the problem, the game was" or something of the like, and enjoy being able to actually play the game/aiming your weapon.

If you recently (last 6 months or so at least, I suspect) bought an XB1, it came with a patch for the controller pre-loaded that fixes some issue with Titanfall, and fucks up every other FPS game in the process. New stand-alone controllers do not have this update/patch and thus are not susceptible to this issue.

u died 3 times? scrub

• Downvote (-1) 1

My friends in retail are all working Thankgiving. Even the companies that are praised for not having their employees working on Thanksgiving like Gamestop are still making their employees come in at 11 PM to open for black friday deals.

If Gamestop employees have to work on Thanksgiving, I don't really see the difference in making 343 employees work on Thanksgiving. Sure, no one should have to work on holidays, but let's not pretend like they are the only people being forced to work on Thankgiving.

I have no idea if/when 343 is working on Thanksgiving, however with respect to your Gamestop example I'll say this.

There's a big difference between having to go in at 11pm on Thanksgiving to prepare for Black Friday openings, and having to go in at 5 pm on Thanksgiving so you can be open at 6 pm on Thanksgiving. (Which has become a trend at least locally, I'm sure it happens everywhere though.)

There are two large difference between 343 and retail stores

1. Retail stores have a larger need to be open during holidays than a game studio

2. Most retail store employees are part-time, so many employee labor laws don't apply to them

edit: quoted the wrong guy

I have no idea if/when 343 is working on Thanksgiving, however with respect to your Gamestop example I'll say this.

There's a big difference between having to go in at 11pm on Thanksgiving to prepare for Black Friday openings, and having to go in at 5 pm on Thanksgiving so you can be open at 6 pm on Thanksgiving. (Which has become a trend at least locally, I'm sure it happens everywhere though.)

Perspective.

Going to work on thanksgiving because that's the job.

Going to work on thanksgiving because you have to clean up your mess.

Going to work on thanksgiving because you have to clean up someone else's mess.

Halo CE has audible hit markers now

I launched a custom halo ce and can barely hear the hit sound with the plasma rifle, not at all for the pistol.