CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Seems like the only thing that loads correctly in this game is the screen that tells you loading failed... because 343 :weback:

It might be a pile of cash, but I'm willing to bet its not nearly as big as Microsoft had expected from their biggest IP by a mile. Remember Halo is supposed to be a console pusher. And the fact that they have a copy/paste method for an excuse ready for people asking for digital refunds because its been happening so much. I'm sure the 343 excecs are all talking out of their asses trying to reassure Microsoft that everything is under control. Hopefully Microsoft isn't buying it though.

This is why I say Microsoft should give the halo title to another studio that is full of developers that love halo and will preserve its unique feel and mechanics and let 343 have at it with their own IP that they love that doesn't include halo. 343 would stand a much better chance of succeeding and halo would have a decent chance as well.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Didn't 343 say we were getting a patch this week?

I don't recall them saying they were unless I'm wrong. All I know we just got another sorry from yesterday. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Microsoft should bite the bullet, call Bungie and offer them billions to develop Halo again, with the stipulation that they don't break too far away from the original formula and give us original Halo 2 ranking system or one similar to it.

• Downvote (-1) 5

I just really hope the playlists go to 4v4 soon. I'm about to lose my shit with uneven matches

The 10 max player size wasn't the cause of uneven teams. Before they made that change I was playing 2v4 games in ranked.

I don't recall them saying they were unless I'm wrong. All I know we just got another sorry from yesterday.

Damn. I didn't want to play a broken game another week. I wanted a less broken game some time this week :*(

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 of 5 games ranked warlock...put on a team 4V5. Switched it to HCS...2v4. I'm officially level locked at a 3 lol. 

I remember getting pissed losing my first game of MCC because of uneven teams. Now Im just quitting every time it's uneven. It's just pointless.

Didn't 343 say we were getting a patch this week?

Yeah:

Development and testing of our latest content update continues and we are on track for release later this week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm having the same problem, but I'm getting more used to it. They need a 2.5 sensitivity and it would be perfect. I decided to just stick with 2 since it helps when you're not warmed up yet so you don't windmill.

I also think H3 is different than the other games. 3 sensitivity feels more like a 4 or 5 sensitivity.

Probably has to do with Halo CE and Halo 2 was designed for 4:3 and Halo 3 was designed for 16:9.

Please don't buy Sunset Overdrive. Don't support Insomniac. That company is to the Resistance series as 343 is to Halo. Completely abandoned what everyone loved about the original, gave the finger to the fans, made a CoD rip-off, and literally killed the series.

I did. I do. And I don't regret it.

Sunset Overdrive is currently at my Top 5 games of the year. Most fun I've had with a new IP in a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Microsoft should bite the bullet, call Bungie and offer them billions to develop Halo again, with the stipulation that they don't break too far away from the original formula and give us original Halo 2 ranking system or one similar to it.

Bungie is currently in a 10-year agreement with Activision.

I did. I do. And I don't regret it.

Sunset Overdrive is currently at my Top 5 games of the year. Most fun I've had with a new IP in a long time.

It is a bit easy though, but I love blowing shit up in that game haha.

Been playing the Halo 3 campaign. It feels so good at 60 FPS. 

I never beat Halo 2 on legendary legit, so I've been focusing on that.

Sacred Icon fucking SUCKS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got for the first time in like 3-4 days, get a game pretty quick but its 4v5 on warlord and full red bar teleporting connection. Quit. Search for another game. Can't get a game. Get off.

Don't know when I will bother to play again. I get on and have kids on my list who seemingly haven't gotten off the game since it came out.  Have 4-5 K kills in matchmaking etc. I mean how the hell do people play this game, I don't get it. 

As it is, 343 doesn't even know what they're gonna do with the situation. It sounds like they have to understand the current technology themselves and advance it apparently. Apology letters can only get you so far, and we all know MS is too greedy to issue some sort of significant compensation. There's no way this game will ever reach 100% before Halo 5 launches.

I doubt it'll even have proper ranked Matchmaking before 2015. It's amazing to have all the Halo games in one spot, a "new" title that works pretty solid, but I hate a game that I can't just hop on and grind without dedicated entire hours' worth of doing nothing at all. When I'm in the mood for gaming, I want a few hours of non-stop grinding, not 15+ min intermissions between each game.

Don't see myself putting up with a year of this. I love Halo so much, I love the people on it, but this is quickly reaching a breaking point for me. It's one thing to scam me out of $60 and deliver an awful product (not accounting for the console, Xbox Live gold, and whatever else I need) but it's a different ball game to keep on wasting my time even after that.

I'm about to order Brawl, a GC controller and download Project M and start attending Smash @ Xanadu weeklies instead.

Play Melee dude, I picked it up after H4 and the game is incredible.  My scene rules as well

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm surprised this many people are still trying to play this game as it is. I know we're all eager to play it and it's actually in your xbox but the thing simply does not work. Unless you're playing customs, MM is just a heaping pile of shit. Forget about rankings, uneven matches and the ability to not find a match for a half hour+, no one should be touching this game. And as far as the campaign goes, if you don't mind missing out on achievements that just don't unlock, then I guess it's fine to play that.

• Upvote (+1) 1