CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I wonder how many bullets Bonnie Ross and other 343 execs are sweating with Phil Spencer setting up camp at 343.  If it's anyone you don't want to fuck with at this point, it would be Phil Spencer.  He has worked his ass off to turn around Xbox One's image and this failure by 343 industries is something bigger than 343 itself.  Hopefully Phil puts the fear into 343 and makes them realize this isn't a fucken game.  Fucking up a launch this bad has and will affect Xbox One sales and will affect Microsoft's profit from their console market.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I wonder how many bullets Bonnie Ross and other 343 execs are sweating with Phil Spencer setting up camp at 343.  If it's anyone you don't want to fuck with at this point, it would be Phil Spencer.  He has worked his ass off to turn around Xbox One's image and this failure by 343 industries is something bigger than 343 itself.  Hopefully Phil puts the fear into 343 and makes them realize this isn't a fucken game.  Fucking up a launch this bad has and will affect Xbox One sales and will affect Microsoft's profit from their console market.

Well... uh...

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wonder how many bullets Bonnie Ross and other 343 execs are sweating

They're not, because at the end of the day, they're sitting on a pile of cash, and if they eventually can turn this into something relatively playable, it'll just go down in history as another bad launch, and only will have an impact on future day one launches, rather than overall sales.

What is fucked up is thinking about the people who might be in a tough monetary position and had rough weeks to save up the money to buy and enjoy a game they love, after all the excitement and hype that surrounded the MCC, just to end up getting shit on with little-to-no chance of ever being refunded without being scammed out of a significant amount of cash.

Those people are the ones who have been sweating bullets for the past weeks if not months and feel a lot shittier than 343 or poor poor MS ever could.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

well at least far cry 4 has a shit loads of treasure box/troves I need to find. 

By the time i 100% Far Cry 4, mcc probably still wouldn't be fixed yet

I wonder how many bullets Bonnie Ross and other 343 execs are sweating with Phil Spencer setting up camp at 343.

They're busy washing their hands right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interested to know when this update scheduled for later this week is gonna roll out. It's a four day weekend for a lot of people it would be a nice opportunity to get some players back .

They're not, because at the end of the day, they're sitting on a pile of cash, and if they eventually can turn this into something relatively playable, it'll just go down in history as another bad launch, and only will have an impact on future day one launches, rather than overall sales.

What is fucked up is thinking about the people who might be in a tough monetary position and had rough weeks to save up the money to buy and enjoy a game they love, after all the excitement and hype that surrounded the MCC, just to end up getting shit on with little-to-no chance of ever being refunded without being scammed out of a significant amount of cash.

Those people are the ones who have been sweating bullets for the past weeks if not months and feel a lot shittier than 343 or poor poor MS ever could.

Well it's not that simple when it comes to Microsoft.  Microsoft's biggest IP console seller is Halo and they want Halo to push console sales.  Microsoft also has a key interested in the Azure infrastructure, which this MCC release was supposed to showcase how superior it is.  Like I said, this launch itself is bigger than 343 itself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I saw this retweeted by Phil Spencer and thought it was ironic. Replace ET with MCC...

Is there any blog or source that Phil Spencer is turning the xbox one's image into something better? I worded this poorly, but I'm fed up with xbox and microsoft at this point. What they turned the brand into is an entertainment system with tons of kinnect games and other dumb shit. I'd love to see what his plans are for the future, and I will give him credit for making a blind statement about turning Rare Studios into a more prominent studio that returned to it's former glory.

2001's vision of gaming was a system geared towards hardcore gamers with games for more mature audiences. I was sold on that brand because I had Unreal Championship, Mech Assault, Halo CE, Rainbow Six 3, Ghost Recon and other random shooters I could play all within the first year and a half, mabye Rainbow Six 3 was later. I know PC gaming is where the hardcore gamers go, but xbox at least built a brand that was dedicated to gamers.

Unless they go back to offering more for a hardcore crowd, I won't be interested in this brand for much longer. The only thing that kept me around was Halo MCC, and a horrible rumor that John Howard was leading Black Tusk Studios to make a new IP. I know that my opinion doesn't reflect the masses, but whatever direction they're taking the xbox one into I don't agree with.

(again if there's some info on this new direction I'd love to hear it, thanks)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is there any blog or source that Phil Spencer is turning the xbox one's image into something better? I worded this poorly, but I'm fed up with xbox and microsoft at this point. What they turned the brand into is an entertainment system with tons of kinnect games and other dumb shit. I'd love to see what his plans are for the future, and I will give him credit for making a blind statement about turning Rare Studios into a more prominent studio that returned to it's former glory.

2001's vision of gaming was a system geared towards hardcore gamers with games for more mature audiences. I was sold on that brand because I had Unreal Championship, Mech Assault, Halo CE, Rainbow Six 3, Ghost Recon and other random shooters I could play all within the first year and a half, mabye Rainbow Six 3 was later. I know PC gaming is where the hardcore gamers go, but xbox at least built a brand that was dedicated to gamers.

Unless they go back to offering more for a hardcore crowd, I won't be interested in this brand for much longer. The only thing that kept me around was Halo MCC, and a horrible rumor that John Howard was leading Black Tusk Studios to make a new IP. I know that my opinion doesn't reflect the masses, but whatever direction they're taking the xbox one into I don't agree with.

(again if there's some info on this new direction I'd love to hear it, thanks)

Well, Phil Spencer closed down the tv studio and was behind the decision to make this last E3 for Microsoft games only. They have also stopped forcing a Kinect with the sell of a Xbox One. If you are a hardcore gamer, buy Sunset Overdrive. It is a super fun game exclusive to the Xbox One, but hasn't sold well. 

Well, Phil Spencer closed down the tv studio and was behind the decision to make this last E3 for Microsoft games only. They have also stopped forcing a Kinect with the sell of a Xbox One. If you are a hardcore gamer, buy Sunset Overdrive. It is a super fun game exclusive to the Xbox One, but hasn't sold well. 

Do we have a confirmation that Sunset Overdrive isn't selling well, or is that just an assumption since they haven't talked sales milestones? I'm just curious because it would be a shame if that game doesn't sell well, Insomniac is great and they made a really cool game, even if it is pretty easy.

Well it's not that simple when it comes to Microsoft.  Microsoft's biggest IP console seller is Halo and they want Halo to push console sales.  Microsoft also has a key interested in the Azure infrastructure, which this MCC release was supposed to showcase how superior it is.  Like I said, this launch itself is bigger than 343 itself.

Microsoft's idea of success is just initial sales. 343 kept shoving down our throats that Halo 4 was successful because of the amount of sales (which in theory, it was, but the game itself was an entirely different story), then a few months in with a 20-30k population peak, started coming in the apologies. Microsoft doesn't care at all how much people stick around to enjoy the game. MCC was an obvious quick cash grab with the unreal deadline it had, the million different studios involved, and all the different selling points that don't even work right now (ranks, games as you remember them, CE online, etc.) At the end of the day, Microsoft made more money from MCC alone than the potential "loss" from people not buying Halo 5 because of MCC's awful launch, and that's all that matters for them.

It's all about raw profit (sales) and not consumer satisfaction. I'm sure at the end of this month or in December we'll have numbers regarding Xbox One / MCC sales and it'll be impressive to look at, but the online players won't reflect that at all. There's a reason MCC doesn't have a population counter ANYWHERE.

And don't be mistaken and separate 343 / MS has two different entities. 343 was founded BY Microsoft for Halo. Microsoft is 100% in control and able to fund the franchise as needed... but their concern is to profit at whatever cost.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Do we have a confirmation that Sunset Overdrive isn't selling well, or is that just an assumption since they haven't talked sales milestones? I'm just curious because it would be a shame if that game doesn't sell well, Insomniac is great and they made a really cool game, even if it is pretty easy.

VGChartz, which at least gives you a general idea about game sales, has Sunset Overdrive at around 300,000 units after the first two weeks of sales. That isn't very good.

They're not, because at the end of the day, they're sitting on a pile of cash...

Incorrect. That pile of cash means nothing if Phil shit-cans them like he probably should have already.

They're definitely feeling the heat, I can promise you that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Incorrect. That pile of cash means nothing if Phil shit-cans them like he probably should have already.

They're definitely feeling the heat, I can promise you that.

Microsoft is largely at fault for this whole situation, with 343 partially to blame. Microsoft owns and runs 343i. They had the final say in when that game shipped. My guess is what happened is that 343i was overly ambitious with what they could do with The MCC in the time they had. By the time they realized this they couldn't change it and Microsoft wouldn't let them delay it because it needed to be released before Black Friday.

I wonder how many bullets Bonnie Ross and other 343 execs are sweating with Phil Spencer setting up camp at 343. If it's anyone you don't want to fuck with at this point, it would be Phil Spencer. He has worked his ass off to turn around Xbox One's image and this failure by 343 industries is something bigger than 343 itself. Hopefully Phil puts the fear into 343 and makes them realize this isn't a fucken game. Fucking up a launch this bad has and will affect Xbox One sales and will affect Microsoft's profit from their console market.

With any luck he will be around when h5 flops and sees sprint, spiderman, hulk, and the others are the reason.

So I save up part of 2 summer paychecks to buy an Xbox one solely for MCC and this is what I am rewarded with? Seriously considering just selling MCC back to gamestop and never supporting the franchise again. It is insane how money hungry Microsoft and 343 is. I think despite not having an amazing computer, I will buy CSGO and start playing that game, watching those streams, and supporting that franchise. 343 has put halo on life support and if the game is not fixed by christmas, it will be time for me to pull the plug.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please don't buy Sunset Overdrive. Don't support Insomniac. That company is to the Resistance series as 343 is to Halo. Completely abandoned what everyone loved about the original, gave the finger to the fans, made a CoD rip-off, and literally killed the series.

It might be a pile of cash, but I'm willing to bet its not nearly as big as Microsoft had expected from their biggest IP by a mile. Remember Halo is supposed to be a console pusher. And the fact that they have a copy/paste method for an excuse ready for people asking for digital refunds because its been happening so much. I'm sure the 343 excecs are all talking out of their asses trying to reassure Microsoft that everything is under control. Hopefully Microsoft isn't buying it though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This may be because I am bad but it feels like my sensitivity is way to high (3) but if I have it any lower (2) it feels too slow? It's like I can't win.

I'm having the same problem, but I'm getting more used to it. They need a 2.5 sensitivity and it would be perfect. I decided to just stick with 2 since it helps when you're not warmed up yet so you don't windmill.

I also think H3 is different than the other games. 3 sensitivity feels more like a 4 or 5 sensitivity.

So I thought I found another bug...

But it turns out that in Halo 2 coop, when a player dies on legendary it's normal that it resets to the last checkpoint, Iron Skull-style. The last time I played Halo 2 coop legendary was a decade ago, so I'd forgotten about this detail.

I guess we're going to have to git gud....

It's strange that this is the only game to have this functionality (iirc). H2 is indeed a strange beast...

There's a reason MCC doesn't have a population counter ANYWHERE.

And here I thought that they were absent because they didn't want us to see how horribly the Halo 4 playlist was doing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1