CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You might be able to buy the game for somewhere around $50, but I wouldn't count on the game being much less than that.

Well I'll probably buy it used since I still have the game downloaded on my xbox. And 3 months after this horrendous release I see it being around $40. I guess not technically "cheap" but still a better deal than paying $60 for a game that I can't play. 

Well I'll probably buy it used since I still have the game downloaded on my xbox. And 3 months after this horrendous release I see it being around $40. I guess not technically "cheap" but still a better deal than paying $60 for a game that I can't play. 

But you'd still be paying $40 for a game you can't play.... lolololololololol

Hopefully matchmaking works by then but I doubt all the issues will ever get fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to see the ones that stayed playing Halo are the the ones who don't know how to hold a controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But you'd still be paying $40 for a game you can't play.... lolololololololol

Hopefully matchmaking works by then but I doubt all the issues will ever get fixed.

lol well the longer it takes, the cheaper it'll be!!!

lol well the longer it takes, the cheaper it'll be!!!

I can honestly see it going down as far as twelve or fifteen US Dollars, in the state it's currently in and frozen.

I don't understand why they would go get a refund and not just wait for the game to get fixed. Like if they badly need that $60 then that makes sense.

I almost want to get a refund just so their sales go backwards.  I think It would be awesome if everyone did it.  Then I would buy it again once it's fixed.  

I almost want to get a refund just so their sales go backwards.  I think It would be awesome if everyone did it.  Then I would buy it again once it's fixed.  

Yeah that's not how those statistics work. Refunding the game only really affects your local store as they have to pay the money back to you, however they already purchased their copy from Microsoft a long long time ago. You indirectly affect sales figures if someone buys the copy you returned as those won't show up on MS's statistics, but you can't make "sales go backwards".

You could argue that you might be able to do it by getting a refund on your digital copy, sadly digital copies don't count for sales figures anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah that's not how those statistics work. Refunding the game only really affects your local store as they have to pay the money back to you, however they already purchased their copy from Microsoft a long long time ago. You indirectly affect sales figures if someone buys the copy you returned as those won't show up on MS's statistics, but you can't make "sales go backwards".

Digital refunds.

Also I bet local stores will purchase less copies of future Halo titles if everyone is returning their current ones for refunds.

Glad to see the ones that stayed playing Halo are the the ones who don't know how to hold a controller.

Thanks for the welcome dude.

got on an hour ago, still can't find matches. 343...

There should be a forum contest where members make their own version of that Gif, webcam recorded.

10 person FFA isn't even fun. I played a 10 person FFA on Lockout in H2A last night and me and this guy spawn killed each other 3 times in a row.

Why they insist on keeping everything at 10 players is beyond me, especially since when H2C was 8 players it worked perfectly for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That actually hit home so hard. "343 have taken away everything you love about this franchise, it is but a shell of the game it once was".

Das fuckin true mane, Halo 4 embodies that statement. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 person FFA isn't even fun. I played a 10 person FFA on Lockout in H2A last night and me and this guy spawn killed each other 3 times in a row.

Why they insist on keeping everything at 10 players is beyond me, especially since when H2C was 8 players it worked perfectly for me.

10 PLAYERS on warlord is insane.

Sat in a lobby for a combined 45 minutes today with my friend. (yes we backed out, joined back together 3 times)

I think im done, until I come on here and there is a resounding "THE GAME WORKS, FINALLY!" echoing through this thread. 

D.A Inquisition and Far Cry 4 it is. 

Get it for cheap? Games still gonna be $60 in January

Sure if you buy it at some place like Walmart.

You can already find it for less than $60 online.

As it is, 343 doesn't even know what they're gonna do with the situation. It sounds like they have to understand the current technology themselves and advance it apparently. Apology letters can only get you so far, and we all know MS is too greedy to issue some sort of significant compensation. There's no way this game will ever reach 100% before Halo 5 launches.

I doubt it'll even have proper ranked Matchmaking before 2015. It's amazing to have all the Halo games in one spot, a "new" title that works pretty solid, but I hate a game that I can't just hop on and grind without dedicated entire hours' worth of doing nothing at all. When I'm in the mood for gaming, I want a few hours of non-stop grinding, not 15+ min intermissions between each game.

Don't see myself putting up with a year of this. I love Halo so much, I love the people on it, but this is quickly reaching a breaking point for me. It's one thing to scam me out of $60 and deliver an awful product (not accounting for the console, Xbox Live gold, and whatever else I need) but it's a different ball game to keep on wasting my time even after that.

I'm about to order Brawl, a GC controller and download Project M and start attending Smash @ Xanadu weeklies instead.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That actually hit home so hard. "343 have taken away everything you love about this franchise, it is but a shell of the game it once was".

Das fuckin true mane, Halo 4 embodies that statement. 

While I agree that Halo 4 sucked, Bungie was eviscerating the series long before 343 came along.

• Upvote (+1) 6