CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Daily-Halo-4-Peak-Population.jpg

The infamous Halo 4 population decline. I think that, even though 343i probably won't release population numbers with the MCC because that is the kind of company they are, we will have something eerily similar to this again. That will mean 343i will be 0/2 in attaining players for their game. With Halo 5, they will likely finally strike out at 0/3. 

Makes me real sad. They just don't get it. 

I don't know about y'all but I have actually had fun recently on MCC. When my friends/teammates are on we play PGL 2v2's or 4v4's and when they aren't I can actually get games really quickly searching by myself. Once they fix this game it will honestly be so perfect. Until then I'll just keep playing some PGL's.... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I'm reading that chart correctly, 2012, and the biggest set of drops, is over 2 months, right?

They lost 150k players from Nov 12th to Nov 13th (which never returned), because that is when Call of Duty came out. They think mimicking CoD will get them players but they clearly don't understand that nobody wants to play a bastardized space marine version of CoD. They clearly haven't learned based on the H5 gameplay we've seen. It's just that this time around they are throwing around buzzwords like "arena" and "equal starts" to keep the people that actually give a fuck about the franchise interested, but anyone with a working set of eyes can see that whatever the hell Halo 5 is, an arena shooter it is not.

Anyone else think the Halo 5 beta doesn't work either?

Seems like 343 and MS could lose a lot of heat right now by letting everyone play that until MM is fixed. (I wouldn't be happy but some might be)

If they could turn off MCC MM and jut say "hey play this beta for a few weeks while we fix the servers and MM" it could help keep people from trading in. But they aren't doing that... why?

I bet it's broken too. Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else think the Halo 5 beta doesn't work either?

Seems like 343 and MS could lose a lot of heat right now by letting everyone play that until MM is fixed. (I wouldn't be happy but some might be)

If they could turn off MCC MM and jut say "hey play this beta for a few weeks while we fix the servers and MM" it could help keep people from trading in. But they aren't doing that... why?

I bet it's broken too. Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.

All of MCC was pretty much outsourced. Halo 5 seems to be all done in-house this time around. 

All of MCC was pretty much outsourced. Halo 5 seems to be all done in-house this time around. 

All of it but the UI and matchmaking...

oh no! That's the parts that don't work!

• Upvote (+1) 2

See that's what I didn't understand, it looks in 6-8 players pretty damn quick (for me at least), sometimes 9. Then would search and search and search, and finally lock the party at 9. If you have 1-2 players left over from every game that gets matched so you're playing 4v4's instead of 5v4's, 5v5's. That's 1-2 more people instantly in matchmaking ready for the next party that it puts together. Opposed to making us wait sometimes minutes to lock the match. Filter those people back out into MM to find another game. 1-2 players extrapolated over the population is a lot of damn people that you can then put into games and make more games, faster. Unless they think their dedicated server's currently can't handle the influx of matches that would occur due to limiting to 8 and then making more matches.

Almost no games are being played on the dedicated servers. You see a message at the bottom right when you do get on one. It looks like the mm fixes so far have been shortening the time it tries to use a server.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

All of it but the UI and matchmaking...

oh no! That's the parts that don't work!

The UI was outsourced.

I said I was going to wait till Friday until they fix everything but I've had enough of 343's bullshit.  I got a refund on my digital copy, not buying MCC back unless its fully functional for 20$ at this point.  ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ 343 killed Halo ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The UI was outsourced.

I was also under the impression that that's the one thing 343 did themselves, but as it turns out the UI was made by United Front Games (Sleeping Dogs).

This almost feels like CS GO where the release build felt like a beta and was developed by some outside dev and then valve took over and patched the game into the great thing it is today.

I think 343 should have gotten more involved way earlier to ensure that the game is actually working, outsourcing everything and taking care of a game post-launch is certainly a bad choice.

We all thought it was going to be the Guardians who killed Halo but instead it was the Master Chief himself. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I was doing a cross-game playlist and I finished Outskirts on Halo 2. Next level should have been The Covenant on Halo 3. Once Outskirts finished, I got a white screen so I pressed start and it said the level currently loaded was The Covenant. So I hit Restart.

Restarted to fucking Outskirts and I'm seeing this...

ZL8jkhL.png

Like come on...

EDIT: TO MAKE THIS EVEN BETTER - I COMPLETED THE LEVEL AND IT THINKS I FINISHED THE COVENANT.

EDIT 2: Now it is trying to load up Composer on Halo 4, even though I never completed The Covenant. Game just crashes back to the menu and refuses to let me load up anything on that playlist. SICK.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What happened?

Dersky tweeted something out and Quinn tweeted saying to stop doing that and to "fix your game". Obviously kidding but considering the company he works for just released a broken product and has been broken for two weeks now, not many of us are exactly into his joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still can't get enough of this video.

OHHHH MY GOD

Why have i never seen this before? I probably laughed for 10 min, god i love people.