CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Here's the problem at the heart of MCC's issues, we have absolutely no reason to believe that anything will actually be fixed ever because we have yet to see 343i do one single positive halo game-thing

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was thinking this too yesterday - not that I hope, but that it must happen. But today I realize that it won't fix the problem. If they got rid of Quinn, maybe there would be enough voices at 343 that could get rid of sprint. If they got rid of Bonnie, what would that do? The problem is now clear from their love of CoD proven extensively in Halo 4 and 5, and their lack of attention to classic Halo offerings, 343 presents the greatest threat to the Halo legacy. It is clear to me now that no matter what they do, no matter what the sales figures look like moving forward, Halo will never regain the stature as the greatest shooter ever so long as it is in the hands of 343 Industries. And this one issue - Halo being relegated to the dust bin of other shooters - is exclusively due to the tarnish from the name "343 Industries".

They call themselves a AAA studio, but AAA studios don't mimic the competition to the extreme we saw in H4 and H5. AAA studios don't release games where the most significant feature doesn't work a dozen different ways. AAA studios show much greater concern for quality. And it is all of these that will keep Halo as a foot note in the shadows of Call of Duty, Destiny, and others.

343i has systematically and irrevocably destroyed the once great video game franchise that is Halo. This launch was the thieves digging up Chief's dead body and looting his armor, leaving him to be consumed by wolves until there's nothing left but bones to decay, until the effects of weathering finally wipe any trace beyond a memory from the annals of video game history.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Quinn shouldn't be fired, he didn't work on MCC IIRC

It is my understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong, that Quinn is the one who demands sprint be present. I don't believe any one person should ever be able to alter a legendary success like Halo single handed to the point of driving the population away. If someone has that kind of influence, then they should be in love with the game and understand why sprint doesn't work.

Case in point (though a side track), if sprint is truly nerf'd in H5 as it is claimed to be, then it represents a political negotiation to keep it at all. But it's presence only hurts H5, because the maps must be bigger. If it is truly nerf'd it won't offer any usefulness. So why have it at all? What voice(s) are demanding it remain at all when it offers nothing positive yet forces negative side effects?

To make myself clear, I don't care if sprint is in or not. I care how others have quit Halo because it is there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quinn shouldn't be fired, he didn't work on MCC IIRC

Quinn is working solely on Halo 5: Guardians.

Quinn is working solely on Halo 5: Guardians.

What did Quinn say on Twitter than implied that he really didn't understand some core elements of halo?

I was thinking this too yesterday - not that I hope, but that it must happen. But today I realize that it won't fix the problem. If they got rid of Quinn, maybe there would be enough voices at 343 that could get rid of sprint. If they got rid of Bonnie, what would that do? The problem is now clear from their love of CoD proven extensively in Halo 4 and 5, and their lack of attention to classic Halo offerings, 343 presents the greatest threat to the Halo legacy. It is clear to me now that no matter what they do, no matter what the sales figures look like moving forward, Halo will never regain the stature as the greatest shooter ever so long as it is in the hands of 343 Industries. And this one issue - Halo being relegated to the dust bin of other shooters - is exclusively due to the tarnish from the name "343 Industries".

They call themselves a AAA studio, but AAA studios don't mimic the competition to the extreme we saw in H4 and H5. AAA studios don't release games where the most significant feature doesn't work a dozen different ways. AAA studios show much greater concern for quality. And it is all of these that will keep Halo as a foot note in the shadows of Call of Duty, Destiny, and others.

You are right. 343i is only a AAA studio because they themselves and microsoft call them a AAA studio.

Got an actually legit game in the Halo 3 playlist (The only playlist I can consistently get games in) just now. 5v5 Team Brs on Last Resort. I was happy just to have even teams! So I'm pretty pumped and I get my headset on. The game is loading up and then suddenly it just crashes. Most heartbreaking thing ever man. 

Lol I thought that the deleted comment was so blatantly misogynistic that it was playful trolling/sarcasm, else I would've reported it when I saw it.

I'm glad someone like boogie2988 has made a video about this. A fuck-up this big needs greater exposure.

Engadget: Why Are so Many Video Games Broken at Launch?

Excerpt: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Earlier this month, Microsoft released Halo: The Master Chief Collection. We first told you about Halo's latest adventure back in May -- "a Master Chief-focused HD remaster" of Halo 1,2, 3 and 4, all for Xbox One. Microsoft further enticed fans with details at E3 2014: you would not only get all four games, with Halo 2 receiving a major overhaul, but also an all-encompassing online multiplayer mode. For the first time, several generations of Halomultiplayer would be collected in one place. Better yet, the Halo franchise has a track record of stable online games at launch. Even after Halo changed hands from Bungie Studios (its creator) to 343 Industries (its new overlord) in Halo 4, the work was up to fan standards and launched without any major hitches.

That's what made it such a shocking surprise when Halo: The Master Chief Collectionlaunched on November 11th with nearly unplayable online multiplayer. The game's online component remains broken nearly two weeks later, and that's after scaling back the online options and issuing several patches. This is the closest to a direct apology that the developer and publisher have offered thus far: "We apologize that you're experiencing the current Matchmaking issues, and assure you that we're working around the clock to deliver fixes as soon as possible."

Exposure at least? I don't agree that Halo 4 was up to fan standards but Halo MCC was indeed broken to shit at launch and is barely hanging on.

What he's being told are still lies. It could NOT have been tested online, at all. At a very minimum, Microsoft and 343i sold a game they KNEW was a comple sham without any announcement to make more money. This is called deception. This is akin to meeting up with the tinder chick and the pictures were of her hot sister.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is my understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong, that Quinn is the one who demands sprint be present. I don't believe any one person should ever be able to alter a legendary success like Halo single handed to the point of driving the population away. If someone has that kind of influence, then they should be in love with the game and understand why sprint doesn't work.

Case in point (though a side track), if sprint is truly nerf'd in H5 as it is claimed to be, then it represents a political negotiation to keep it at all. But it's presence only hurts H5, because the maps must be bigger. If it is truly nerf'd it won't offer any usefulness. So why have it at all? What voice(s) are demanding it remain at all when it offers nothing positive yet forces negative side effects?

To make myself clear, I don't care if sprint is in or not. I care how others have quite Halo because it is there.

Quinn has defended sprint without any explanation as to why it's good to include it in Halo 5. He sucks along with 90% of 343. I remember when Reach first came out and I thought it couldn't get any worse than Bungie.... those were the days.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Imagine the ilk bullshit that we'll be fed around mid-late December. What Christmas? I once considered this my Holiday Present, pre-December, up until literally launch day.

Game just froze twice in a row on the main menu. God I love 2014.

Then again, my Bitching about the Holidays, and I live in suitable conditions. I guess I have no right to complain. Thanks 343/Microsoft.

If anyone at 343 or Microsoft expect me to believe that they thought this game was fully functional at launch --- they are 100% lying and out of their f-n minds.

They knew this was crap (maybe not the level of crap) - but they knew this would be broken, and still took all of our money.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It makes me so sad that MCC was all to good to be true. I just wanted Halo to be back, I don't see this game being fixed and being the game we all thought it was going to be. It's just too broken, and even if H5 is good, it looks nothing like a Halo game, doesn't look like it'll feel like a Halo game. This series is done. I'm probably going to get a refund for MCC and sell my Xbox One later this week.

Am I the only one who hates the spawns rotating? played Shrine for 1 match and spawned rotated more than 5 times.

Shrine team slayer right? I don't mind dynamic spawns in slayer, but in objective it would be frustrating, I know in Reach Asylum (non-MLG sanc remake) you could spawn by the other team's base in objective, and that was really annoying.

The fact that they haven't been able to identify the issues yet shows how little hope there is left. They've most likely been working on it since before launch but if we're lenient we'll say 2 weeks and we've barely taken a step forward.

I'd be calling in the multiplayer teams from a bunch of different games and seeking their help immediately.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one who hates the spawns rotating? played Shrine for 1 match and spawned rotated more than 5 times.

This is so noobs can get easy shots in the back.  But yeah super irritating.

Anyway,  I'm sure 343/MS spent good money to have this game advertised IN Agents of Shield.. i.e. They were playing it in the episode that aired the day of release.  Maybe it was a hint that it would take the Agents of Shield to fix this clusterfuck monstrosity.  Sky is on the case!!

Is it just me or is the shot registration in Halo 2 classic and anniversary absolutely horrendous ever since the first patch came out?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it just me or is the shot registration in Halo 2 classic and anniversary absolutely horrendous ever since the first patch came out?

I usually have "decent" hit registration 1 out of 10 games.