CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The worst thing about this is that nobody could have predicted it.

If I was around for the first generation of online games, I would have happily put up with all the bullshit in the MCC. I would have found the prospect of playing real humans online so incredible and mindblowing that any glitch would have been a tolerable side effect of this amazing new technology.

This is 2014, however. Online gaming is an established past time. The concept of teams being made uneven is so alien one could almost believe there is faultless open source code out there for simplistic matchmaking with even teams that every dev just copies and pastes. Heck, I doubt even the first console games with online capabilities had problems making even teams. This whole fucking launch is like some terrible nightmare I wish I could wake up from.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was hoping that Forbes article might light a fire under their ass but it didn't.

its not like an article from yesterday is going to make them go at super fucking light year speed and it be done in one day.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Diary,

It's been 10 days since I've played MCC, I know I should try to play it more since I love Halo so much but, Destiny and Farcry 4 work just fine and they are awesome, I rather not spend another $60 on Dragon Age but I need games to keep me busy till MCC works.

I hope this gets fixed :(

- Vortex

The update that came out tonight didn't really look that much different from any other updates. 

Bonnie Ross, automatic zero for plagiarism. 

Random thought: Imagine what would have happened if Advanced Warfare had this release. 

(M$ is on the right)

fiygst.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

She basically just copy/pasted that answer from a previous update and added a few more sentences. More BS that barely tells us anything. I think we're past apologies at this point.

"Know that we’re trying to be as nimble as possible to put fixes in place. We are planning multiple server-side tweaks and game content updates over the coming WEEKS"

:(

So much for Christmas sales.

I just want to play the games I love, online....in customs and matchmaking...with other ppl....going from lobby to lobby with no hiccups. ...

Well Reach is still online and the waits between matches is under 90 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anyone else sometimes hear the hit markers in Halo 1? I hear them some times when I melee or grenade someone, but it's pretty faint. They probably just lowered the volume instead of fully removing them lmao.

Just had a game of Lockdown Oddball were it was a 5v4, I was on the 4 man team. Very quickly one of our teammates quit, followed by the other two. It was just me. I didn't wanna quit, but naturally the other team kept searching for me to kill me even though I wasn't moving.

I shit you not, with one person top blue and 3 people on various levels of snipe tower, I spawned on elbow 3 fucking times in a row. I spawned on top of my own dead body from 7 seconds earlier 3 god damn times. Because, you know those call of duty players won't bother with Halo if every time they die in an objective game because they were being a fuck tard, they have to sit there for 10 seconds and think about what they did.  

Fix the fucking spawns, and fix the fucking gametypes. I'm sick of this shit. Enough with the excuses. 

I don't care if the spawn system is the same as it was in H2C. If that's the case, then they should have altered that for H2A, because it's fucking stupid. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

its not like an article from yesterday is going to make them go at super fucking light year speed and it be done in one day.

It's actually 2 days old. Since then same old copy/paste reply.  They could at least be specific on what matchmaking issues they're working on.  But seriously, having even teams is not hard.  Most basic of loops.

While our team works on continual improvements and towards solutions, my commitment to you is that we will take care of all owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Our primary and continued focus is first on fixing the issues at hand. Once we’ve done that, we will detail how we will make this right with our fans.

I forgot about that part, but I guess this confirms that we will be getting something.

Wait, the founder and head of 343 is a female?

No fucking wonder this series has gone down the drain.

And then they have to give themselves cutesy names like BS Angel and Kiki Wolfkill. Good fucking grief. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Hey question, does your roster show people that you follow along with Friends or just friends?

AFAIK just Friends..... buuuuuut right now it barely shows anything regardless of their relationship to you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its easy to say you are sorry.you just say it. You can even say that you take full responsibility for what happened. But if that were honestly your intent then you would take some type of punitive action against yourself, like resigning your position. We of course won't see this so we know how cheap the talk is.

I honestly believe they are rebuilding this match making system and it isn't going to be done any time soon. Instead of spoon feeding bits of hope once a week they should just straight up say MCC customers are their beta testers.

It would help people believe in halo's future to have the IP given to another studio. 343 has not and is not interested in halo as much as other FPS.

Microsoft needs to seriously consider how much the name 343 damages halo's future. I don't like saying that but from a business perspective it seems sort of obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The heads should be rolling at 343.  Then they can put on their resume they took part in killing a once awesome franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does anyone else sometimes hear the hit markers in Halo 1? I hear them some times when I melee or grenade someone, but it's pretty faint. They probably just lowered the volume instead of fully removing them lmao.

that's exactly what they did

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly what has 343 done that is so great and amazing? Halo 4? The only thing remotely good to happen to that game were due to backlash from the community.....Halo MCC? While the idea of it is cool:

A -  It doesn't work

B - The joy we get from it is from games they did not make (or a replica of it) lol

My hopes are not high for Halo 5 at all. I would love for them to surprise me though because I love Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly what has 343 done that is so great and amazing?

I would say their tourneys and they fixed the bloom in some Reach playlists. If MCC ever works, it will be decent. I wouldn't say great since all the game bugs that I doubt will be fixed. Those are the only things that stand out.

that's exactly what they did

I still have no idea why they messed with the hit sounds, I feel that they are necessary given the poor hit detection that exists in MCC's version of H:CE. I had to stop playing H:CE customs a few hours ago, because I couldn't take anymore of the false feedback the game was giving me.

I feel like 343i has A LOT of work to do with H:CE's netcode before they will be ready to launch the 2v2 playlist. I would love to know if 343i is letting Cyber Interactive (I think they are the company that was in charge of porting H:CE to MCC) continue to work on H:CE's netcode, or if their employees have taken over that project.

I would guess that since the 1.5 gig patch had fixes for many different parts of the game (not just matchmaking), that the other companies associated with MCC are still involved in fixing their respective parts of the game. I certainly hope that this is the case, because as I mentioned earlier in this post, H:CE needs a lot of work.

• Upvote (+1) 2