CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I would actually be OK with a map pack for H2A if this ever gets fixed. H2A sucks with so few maps. Giving us Ivory Tower, Midship, Beaver Creek and a few casual maps would go a long way towards making amends and making the game much better.

I would also like a promise that dedicated servers will always be used for matchmaking, because the P2P code for this game is garbage. They obviously knew that the P2P code was garbage, but let it slide because they would be using dedicated servers.

It also seems about time that they bring in some ringers to fix this issue. The programmers working on it currently are obviously puzzled as hell and can't figure out the issues with matchmaking. I realize that bringing in new people to work on another persons code isn't ideal, but they are going to have to do something extreme and fast to get this fixed.

Yeah they just hired a bunch of uneducated, non-experienced plebs to work on brand-new, long-term Enterprise level datacentres. 

You joke, but something is seriously going wrong at 343 to let this happen. Maybe they let their noobs work on MCC while the more experienced guys worked on H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thought I was dreaming when I found a match that was 5v5.  OMG even teams!! Then the map failed to load and I realized it was real life.

I'm gonna say it.... H4 > MCC.  As bad as it was, it worked.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have they tried turning it off and on again?

No but seriously, I work as a Support Officer and I work alongside Network and System Engineers and I can tell you that at my work at least, these guys work around the clock when there is a major issue. I've seen people work 12-13 hour days trying to fix any major incidents we have. They take pride in their work and I have never met any of them that say 'eh I finish at 5, all those people having an issue accessing their email can wait until tomorrow' they are all very committed.

343 will absolutely be working on a fix as fast as they can.

I can handle people getting angry about it, that's perfectly acceptable and warranted, but actually believing that 343 isn't working their asses off to fix this is pathetic. This is the biggest launch for Xbox this year and probably will be until Halo 5. They will want to make damn sure that they get the game working or no-one will give a rats ass about Halo 5 when it comes out. Microsoft lose money every day MCC isn't working so you can bet your ass they are working very hard to fix it. 

I work next to the guys that fix servers, and they are not the "yeah wait until tomorrow" kind. 

TL;DR: I'm not saying it's acceptable, as I said the anger and frustration is completely warranted, but saying they aren't working on it is a palpable lie.

I have no doubt that they're working on it. I doubt that they're capable of fixing it. 

Yeah they just hired a bunch of uneducated, non-experienced plebs to work on brand-new, long-term Enterprise level datacentres. 

There are laws preventing this from happening. I have no idea what they are doing or how hard they are working, but you can bet there is enormous pressure on them from the suits and they will be doing everything they can, people may already have been fired, but firing people would probably create more problems than it solves as they would have to hire more people and the time spent going through applicants/interviews in a time like this is time spent understaffed.

With the current state of the game, that doesn't sound too far off 

There are laws preventing this from happening. I have no idea what they are doing or how hard they are working, but you can bet there is enormous pressure on them from the suits and they will be doing everything they can, people may already have been fired, but firing people would probably create more problems than it solves as they would have to hire more people and the time spent going through applicants/interviews in a time like this is time spent understaffed.

There should be laws preventing unfinshed products being pushed to market as finished.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You joke, but something is seriously going wrong at 343 to let this happen. Maybe they let their noobs work on MCC while the more experienced guys worked on H5.

They're playing Halo 4

Started installing MCC last night, turned my shit off, and fired it up assuming the install would resume automatically.

It doesn't look like I'm making any progress. Is there something I need to do?

This took them days to give us this much information? I could have written the same thing at work today too during my 8 hours.

There should be laws preventing unfinshed products being pushed to market as finished.

Seeing the ads on TV kinda pisses me off

They know the product is unfinished and garbage but they are still trying to sell it

• Upvote (+1) 3

While there are laws that prevent this from happening, any hardworking employee knows that sometimes you just need to do what needs to be done, even if it may mean sweatshop hours. I work in finance and have pulled 100-120 hour weeks in my worst - unfortunately, not exaggerating - because my boss does not care how difficult or how long something takes as long as it is done accurately. 

If termination is indeed happening, it speaks to yet another black eye for this studio that there is a toxic culture at play with dysfunctional resource management. Their history of overpromising and underdelivering tells me that the origination folks are consistently disconnected from the execution group. I don't think it's due to lack of education - however, it is most likely that the hires they bring on are not making the right decisions. Which is worrying - if the seniors have zero clue as to what the junior staff can produce, your product is going to fail. 

I can't believe that article by Bonnie mentioned this...

"We are planning multiple server-side tweaks and game content updates over the coming weeks."

Weeks...really?! This sounds like were not getting the finished product until January with probably a few weeks extra for ranks.

I don't know if this would have fixed anything, but I wouldn't even mind if we just had H2 and H2A at this point. I like playing CE and 3 with the hit detection, but I'd take just H2 at this point.

I don't know if this would have fixed anything, but I wouldn't even mind if we just had H2 and H2A at this point. I like playing CE and 3 with the hit detection, but I'd take just H2 at this point.

I'm in the same boat but the thing is its the false promise they gave everyone that makes it hurt more. Too many Halo fans wanted CE online and it meant everything to them. Even for many hardcore H3 fans it was something they were looking forward to since the community would have been revived.

It just wasn't fair to everyone even if they were to do that since they promised us we would get the experience we wanted.

I'm in the same boat but the thing is its the false promise they gave everyone that makes it hurt more. To many Halo fans wanted CE online and it meant everything to them. Even for many hardcore H3 fans it was something they were looking forward to since the community would have been revived.

It just wasn't fair to everyone even if they were to do that since they promised us we would get the experience we wanted.

Yeah, I'm not talking about taking them away now as that is what was promised.  Just saying from the get-go if they announced H2A/H2 at E3 I would have been happy. 

I'd say they might work on this another week but after that, work is probably going to come to a halt while they make sure the beta isn't such a fuck up even though it's fine for a beta to be a fuck up.  Pretty sure they know that if the beta fails the studio's days are numbered.

The reality of it is that none of us know why the game came out in the condition it did. Could have been for a number of reasons. And I know we are all frustrated but at least find comfort that they are working on it and eventually we will have all of the best Halo games on one disc. That's pretty amazing. Plus competitive Halo is in better shape than ever before with sponsors latching on to teams left and right. Granted, 343 loses a little more every second it isn't fixed, but it's not like patches come out of thin air. They need to test and code these patches for a very complex game with several engines. It will be fixed. It will probably take weeks or a couple months but someday soon this game will be fixed and we'll all forget about this. In the meantime play Smash or Destiny. Have fun. We'll be okay

Think I'm just gonna stop checking for status updates from 343 from here on out. This is all stuff I already know - unexpected issues, working hard to fix them, server and client-side updates coming. And they're really sorry, of course. You can only listen to an apology so many times before it loses all meaning.

The only nugget of real information in there was that they'd be working to fix things "in the coming weeks", which I expected anyways. We're looking at Christmas before matchmaking/party issues and other game-breaking bugs are squashed, and well into 2015 to iron out the buffet lineup of other problems (sorry H1 dudes).

I kind of wish they would just say nothing rather than update us when they don't actually have anything to update us with. But they can't really do that because people would get mad about being ignored. What a shitty situation 343 and MS have created for themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone else getting weird lag with Halo 3?

Like my bullets all register, but there is random severe delay on a some of them, and not only that, but I seem to rubberband when in the air?

Anyone else getting this?

Teleporting and weapon not even firing?