CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Did the FFA playlist go up?? If it didn't there's one word to define this game.

Why have I never seen this before, looks like my type of show!

You can do they directly from the xbox?

No. Just went and dowloaded from the onedrive account. Took under a minute to upload on youtube

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's because the networking for H3 etc were designed for working on XBL at speeds of 256kb/s where as H2A is clearly using a different method that ups the bandwidth based on number of players. The only person I've seen comment on speeds required for 4v4+ H2A said it required 1.5 down and 1 up for just the game which is quite a bit more than previous Halo titles. It probably has a lot to do with the better hit detection but it came with the price of everyone with dogshit internet being unable to play.

Thanks for the info. My upload speed is like .74 its awful because the ISP my mom works for is shit. 

Like a golden, satin covered one with rich embroidery? Because that is what I expect if I'm going to get royally f***ed in the ass.

exactly how i imagined it.

Just played for a few hours with a friend and had no problems finding any games, we even had a streak of 3-4 h1 games in a row which is unusual. One thing I noticed is that you will never get a game if the downloading data message pops up. Just hard reset your Xbox until it disappears and you should be good to go.

Finding games in the range of 3-5 minutes with a few hard resets here and there.

To clarify for those who don't know, the progression to find a game goes like this:

Searching for players
Player Found
Connecting session (Connecting to the players found - this is where people start popping up)

Match Found

Balancing Teams

The problem is, Match Found can still be initiated when there are only 7 players in the lobby. So fixing that would be nice. Also, changing the max lobby size from 10 to 8 would be the nice Halo thing to do.... It would also boost the search times because upon reaching 8 players, it would no longer attempt a search for two more players.

Also, a rank would be so awesome, I haven't ventured in the H2A playlist so I'm not sure if the ranks work properly. However, if they do than please get them in most playlists ASAP.

Last fix is yet another big one. It seems when you splitscreen in multiplayer, no madder the amount of players splitscreening (1-4), you only get 1 vote to pick the gametype. So that's 4 people only counting for one vote. It sucks, its stupid. Please fix.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's really starting to look bad how often they apologize. I mean, it's good they apologize, but they really need to do something so they don't have to apologize so much. They should probably just start announcing things for later dates than they expect, so if things get done "early" everybody is happy, and if things get delayed they have some time to work with.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's really starting to look bad how often they apologize. I mean, it's good they apologize, but they really need to do something so they don't have to apologize so much. They should probably just start announcing things for later dates than they expect, so if things get done "early" everybody is happy, and if things get delayed they have some time to work with.

Like learn how to better estimate the effort and time to complete their work?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Like learn how to better estimate the effort and time to complete their work?

Yea, pretty much. And if they can't for whatever reason, I'd rather they just say "soon". Don't promise us anything until you know you can deliver, otherwise you're just going to piss people off even more.

With that said, I do kinda feel for Bravo. It's not like he sets the dates or makes the updates, he's just the messenger that has to deal with our rage and apologize for other people's mistakes. He seems to be doing his job the best he can.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea, pretty much. And if they can't for whatever reason, I'd rather they just say "soon". Don't promise us anything until you know you can deliver, otherwise you're just going to piss people off even more.

With that said, I do kinda feel for Bravo. It's not like he sets the dates or makes the updates, he's just the messenger that has to deal with our rage and apologize for other people's mistakes. He seems to be doing his job the best he can.

I'd agree but the fact that once the botched update came out and he was silent for 16 hours? :/

I'd agree but the fact that once the botched update came out and he was silent for 16 hours? :/

Praying it would work and mentally preparing himself for the onslaught of rage if it didn't

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why have I never seen this before, looks like my type of show!

One of my favourite shows. Still hasn't lost any humour even though I've seen it countless times.

On the topic of these delays, does anyone else feel like this is very amateurish?? They're a huge company that's a part of Microsoft...saying you're bringing out an FFA playlist and then disappearing for a day with no updates is something I'd expect out of a tiny company with no PR department to speak of.

I dunno who made the post a while ago that said "Just speak to us" but seriously that's all they need to do. At this point saying they need more delays isn't going to be met with any more hostility than saying absolutely nothing at all. Give us updates a few times a day and let us know where you are...at this point in time complete transparency with your audience is the best thing you can have.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it just me or did casuals start loving CE? 80% of my TS games are voted H1

I think it's because CE is one of the few games where your guaranteed too get a decent starting weapon off spawn instead of this AR/SMG starts horseshit and people are getting tired of spawning with trash weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just did the xbox one save one drive youtube bullshit lol.  theater has an option to save a clip right to the xbox one upload app.  then i just downloaded the clip on my computer via onedrive then uploaded to youtube.  went pretty quick.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfYV9ymm44c&feature=youtu.be

I might be wrong but I think you can upload directly to YouTube through OneDrive on the X1.

Is it just me or did casuals start loving CE? 80% of my TS games are voted H1

It has always been that way. 

Thats why I always laugh when people talk about creating a game that appeals to casual and competitive, its like....you already made one lol. 

Its also why it would be amazing to have tournaments for it, all the casuals would know exactly what they are seeing. 

There is not a single person ive shown h1 to, that did not love the game after an hour or so.  

I had a friend ask me yesterday, "why dont they just play this one?" I wonder the same sometimes. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, at what point do I become the idiot for still attempting to find games and being frustrated/shocked when it ends in failure?

I started to wonder this very thing about an hour ago. I have had some decent success with matchmaking since the 1.5 gig update, but that luck seems to have run out today, as I spent between 1-2 hours tonight trying to find a game and was only able to get into two.

I had a pretty good group of people who were playing MCC when it first came out, so we spent most of our time playing customs. But as most everyone is aware, it can be quite difficult to even do that in MCC. I am at the point where most of my friends have moved onto playing other games until 343i fixes this game. Given that most of my friends have stopped playing MCC, I have playing most of my games through matchmaking.

But tonight I reached my frustration limit with this game, I am no longer willing to waste time with this 100% broken matchmaking system. The only way I will even attempt to play this game will be via customs, and even then I am not sure how much longer I will be able to deal with the litany of issues that plague getting custom lobbies together.

In a few more days I think I will start playing some Steam games, and check back periodically to see how this CLUSTERFU*K of a game is (or most likely is not) progressing. I am really starting to believe that 343i's goal this entire time has been to completely kill the Halo franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's because CE is one of the few games where your guaranteed too get a decent starting weapon off spawn instead of this AR/SMG starts horseshit and people are getting tired of spawning with trash weapons.

God I hope that's why...