CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The only people working on the weekends are janitors and they can't figure out how to turn the FFA playlist on, so we will have to wait til Monday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would disagree. H2C feels pretty much the same as it used to on peer to peer. If the host is good, shots land, if not, they dont. Maybe it will be different if dedicated servers ever work, but until then it'll continue to feel the same.

I've also played a ton of customs of H2C and they've all felt just fine.

It's not at all the same, it feels like Halo 2 Vista hit detection. I've been playing H2 on XBC frequently right up until the day MCC was released, so there's no rose colored glasses here: the hit detection is totally fucked in MCC compared to the real H2.

And because it's an H2 Vista port, the BR and Carbine also shoot faster than they did on the OG Xbox version by a significant amount (the Carbine being more broken than the BR), among other problems.

No way, the registration is far worse than it has ever been, not even close.  It's because they are using the Vista build of H2C, and anyone who has played Halo 2 Vista knows it is the worst PC port of all time.  Horrible spawns, melees don't register, shots don't work far away, and grenade radius is larger.  It's also why bounces and glitches don't work.

Yep. It's bad enough that I don't even want to play it. I know CE has gotten much more attention as far as being a bad port, but H2 in this game is just as bad.

I don't get why they couldn't have just ported the Xbox versions of CE and H2, instead of the garbage PC ports. I'd prefer straight 30 FPS, 480p ports of the Xbox versions over the crap we have right now by a mile.

I've played games of h2c where sniper shots past mid range will simply not register, at all, no matter what. Same with BR shots.

It's a real shame the two games I bought this collection for (H1/2) have received the shittiest ports over.

Same here. It's utterly impossible to snipe from top red on Beaver Creek now even on extremely good connections, the game absolutely refuses to have your shots register if you're shooting anybody at blue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unless the compensation is a working game I'm not interested

Don't you mean a working game plus something else...

Don't you mean a working game plus something else...

We could at least get vanilla Halo ports of 1 and 2. Since they can't magically turn Halo CE and Halo 2 into their superior initial versions in this... Collection thingy.

It was important to have the superior versions in this collection already, but alas.

It's not at all the same, it feels like Halo 2 Vista hit detection. I've been playing H2 on XBC frequently right up until the day MCC was released, so there's no rose colored glasses here: the hit detection is totally fucked in MCC compared to the real H2.

And because it's an H2 Vista port, the BR and Carbine also shoot faster than they did on the OG Xbox version by a significant amount (the Carbine being more broken than the BR), among other problems.

Yep. It's bad enough that I don't even want to play it. I know CE has gotten much more attention as far as being a bad port, but H2 in this game is just as bad.

I don't get why they couldn't have just ported the Xbox versions of CE and H2, instead of the garbage PC ports. I'd prefer straight 30 FPS, 480p ports of the Xbox versions over the crap we have right now by a mile.

Same here. It's utterly impossible to snipe from top red on Beaver Creek now even on extremely good connections, the game absolutely refuses to have your shots register if you're shooting anybody at blue.

My guess is they ported the pc versions because it was easier and faster. They were on a huge time crush with this game. I too have noticed the horrible sniper hit detection in h2c. At this point we can only hope they patch it and make it a bit better. I am not holding my breath.

You can guys can neg me and delete my posts all you want.

At the end of the day your just stopping yourselves from seeing the cold hard truth.

343i don't care about me you and they certainly don't care about this website so stop sitting in cloud 9 and wake up and smell the smelling sauce.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Yep, getting my refund, I'm actually pretty confident in the fact that it will never be playable. Halo is still dead. Thanks MS and 343 for the brutal teasing.

I wonder if someone will try to sue over pain and suffering...

At the end of the day your just stopping yourselves from seeing the cold hard truth.

343i don't care about me you and they certainly don't care about this website so stop sitting in cloud 9 and wake up and smell the smelling sauce.

Nobody here was in denial, this launch was the Hindenburg, in the worst way possible. The game is unpredictably breakable, with widely varying results. It's a kick in the jaw.

This isn't Waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What exactly was the point of this post?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nobody here was in denial, this launch was the Hindenburg, in the worst way possible. The game is unpredictably breakable, with widely varying results. It's a kick in the fucking jaw.

This isn't Waypoint.

If you watched the EU halo tournament being streamed on twitch it froze about 3 times in the Final alone.

Absolutely appalling and embarrassing from 343i who once again lied as usual, what about this FFA playlist I've been hearing about? not that I care since I have been doing more important things than playing a game from a lying company.

Where is all the communication from 343i why can't they admit it wasn't finished? why are they sitting there saying nothing. Feel like I'm dealing with EA support right now.

For all the positive people have you got anything to say now? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who gives a shit if 343 cares if this website exists, last I checked the people who run this site do it for the love of Halo, not to deepthroat 343.

And no one is sitting in cloud 9, unless you're that narrow and haven't read the past oh I don't know, 100 pages.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why did they even take FFA out of a game that can't balance teams? Surely it's obvious it should of stayed in.

I've only played the odd matchmaking game after they took it out. It was the only playlist I was having fun with because of the problems with team balancing.

Well, it has been working pretty well for me until last night. I tried for an hour last night and couldn't get a single game. It is the same thing tonight. It has been over an hour.

Can't wait for FFA. rather play that than to count on players with a dunce hat on.

in b4 FFA will glitch to teams

• Upvote (+1) 4

Played H2C customs last night. The hit registration is fucked. Something is not right with it. Felt like I was playing H3 on the 360. Wtf.

Gotta love Halo 2 Vista. I love how every version of each game's multiplayer is straight from a disc at this point; it's like some programmer literally ripped the contents of each disc and just copy pasted it into his project in Visual Basic for MCC.

Are there any other players having huge trouble with the connection in H2a? I know i have absolut shit internet but H3 and H2c overall are fine for me. Every time i hop in the H2a playlist i am red bar and have to 9 shot people to kill them. It is unplayable allthough i really enjoy paying it on normal connection.

Also on another note: i have to restart the game after every match to find a new one(which then happends fast though). So annoying and i have no idea whats the problem behind this? 

I have this exact same issue. I can play any other game and not lag at all, If I play H2A i get frequent lag spikes, the only time I haven't experienced lag was 2v2 customs anything bigger the game seems to lag for me. Any other game is perfect connection. 

Nobody here was in denial, this launch was the Hindenburg, in the worst way possible. The game is unpredictably breakable, with widely varying results. It's a kick in the jaw.

This isn't Waypoint.

It feels more like the titanic... and you can't quite figure out what it is you are seeing as it every so slowly and painfully sinks in front of you.

Disbelief sits in hard. This just doesn't happen to a AAA studio... After all, they hired all these talented people with MANY years under their belts from other successful studios.

Honestly, I just can't make sense of what is happening.