CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Played H2C customs last night. The hit registration is fucked. Something is not right with it. Felt like I was playing H3 on the 360. Wtf.

Played H2C customs last night. The hit registration is fucked. Something is not right with it. Felt like I was playing H3 on the 360. Wtf.

Thank you very much. Feels good knowing you're not crazy.

H2A is fine.

I was talking about H2C. Where the registration is 100% definitely undoubtedly undeniably broken.

I would disagree. H2C feels pretty much the same as it used to on peer to peer. If the host is good, shots land, if not, they dont. Maybe it will be different if dedicated servers ever work, but until then it'll continue to feel the same.

I've also played a ton of customs of H2C and they've all felt just fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would disagree. H2C feels pretty much the same as it used to on peer to peer. If the host is good, shots land, if not, they dont. Maybe it will be different if dedicated servers ever work, but until then it'll continue to feel the same.

No way, the registration is far worse than it has ever been, not even close.  It's because they are using the Vista build of H2C, and anyone who has played Halo 2 Vista knows it is the worst PC port of all time.  Horrible spawns, melees don't register, shots don't work far away, and grenade radius is larger.  It's also why bounces and glitches don't work.

I capped plenty of gameplay, and I will go back later and try and clip out these moments. (If I don't get lazy) plenty of shots dropping even on green ping. Not saying your experience isn't different, just sharing mine. Something just feels off.

I have games where there is great registration in H2C, and then I have games where I can't kill a target not moving with Red Reticule Sniper shot.

Is the carbine used competitively? Started to pick it up regularly and I find it really effective.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played a game of H3, last night, and it felt like the BR damage was set to 50%. There was a point where a guy was standing still, across the map, and I put about 2 full clips into him, and he just walks away.

I just wish now I didn't sell my Xbox 360 so soon. 

I've played games of h2c where sniper shots past mid range will simply not register, at all, no matter what. Same with BR shots.

It's a real shame the two games I bought this collection for (H1/2) have received the shittiest ports over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I heard there was going to be an FFA playlist, so I got on last night specifically to play that, and it wasn't there.  Is it up for anyone else?  If so, how do I get it?  I've unplugged my Xbox, quit the app...I don't know what more to do.  I just want to play FFA.

I am getting games pretty fast. One of the problems is the 10 player lobby in matchmaking. Some games I get 7 or 9 players and it can still be 3v6 or 4v5 which is annoying. Also, I have noticed a lot of quitters, most likely because there are no ranks and I'm just getting matched with a lot of bad kids. Getting 35 kills on HangEmHigh in a 2v5 match is not a lot of fun. Really hope the ranks get put in soon.

and anyone who has played Halo 2 Vista knows it is the worst PC port of all time.

Maybe you're being hyperbolic, but that's nowhere even close to true.

There are plenty of games capped at 30fps, have hard coded aim acceleration, or still show xbox symbols like "Hold A to ___" when you've re mapped it to space bar or something. Tons of games straight up don't work unless you have very specific hardware.

I found your problem.

yeah yeah I know, but it even felt bad for H3. It seemed like I needed to get 5-6 shots at close range to get kills.

It's kinda hard to practice and get better when it's you and 2 kids with Down's syndrome vs 5 halfway decent people who work together....just so frustrating

• Upvote (+1) 1

People who think the game is ever going to function properly are funny. It's not going to happen, MCC is defunct long past the point of fixing.

Yep, getting my refund, I'm actually pretty confident in the fact that it will never be playable. Halo is still dead. Thanks MS and 343 for the brutal teasing.

• Downvote (-1) 1