CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Been trying to practice double shot. I just can't get the timing right. Is this something that people can eventually do consistently or is it something people just go for in hope that it will work? I was a campaign scrub during the h2 days

old?

Based on community feedback we’ve received since yesterday’s update, we are bringing the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist, which features a variety of FFA game types, back into the matchmaking rotation. Our team continues to work on resolving existing matchmaking issues such as party splitting and uneven teams, and in the meantime, this playlist will offer a mix of game types that are not affected by these known issues.

The H2A Rumble playlist will be coming online within the next few hours, and you should see it appear in your playlist lineup shortly. The playlist is currently unranked, but we’ll be bringing ranking online once we’ve ironed out existing matchmaking issues.

Additionally, we’d like to take this opportunity to provide some additional troubleshooting steps that will help ensure the best Halo: The Master Chief Collection experience while our team works on resolving existing issues behind the scenes.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

old?

I hadn't seen it. Also, "We can't fix teams, so here you go - play FFA" fucking lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Been trying to practice double shot. I just can't get the timing right. Is this something that people can eventually do consistently or is it something people just go for in hope that it will work? I was a campaign scrub during the h2 days

keep doing it and you'll get it down. you should be fine after a week or so I bet

I hadn't seen it. Also, "We can't fix teams, so here you go - play FFA" fucking lol.

This is going to be like only the third ever playlist I'll find a match in in under 8-10 minutes....

Seriously this is why I pretty much gave up upon seeing the Halo 5 beta. They ignored what we asked for and have botched the MCC release so in-comprehensively badly that i just don't have faith in them as a studio anymore.

Blizzard have taken a game I used to love, destroyed it and now they have brought back what everyone loved about it. Not only is Warlords of Draenor a huge success, but it also had MASSIVE issues at launch.

Look at the Executive Producers letter to the community:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269759060

Not only do we get free gametime, but you can tell it's genuine. Compare this to 343. I seriously hope they take a page out of Blizzards book. WoW now has the largest amount of subscribers since 2007 because they have made the game more like it used to be, unlike what 343 are doing with Halo 5.  

Damn.

I also agree the UI is bad, although better than 4's. You can barley even read people's names on the player cards and the text in general is very light--it's like they didn't use the equivalent of vector graphics for text.

So much this I hate the UI on the MCC specifically text size is way too damn small it's annoying makes it hard too read shit never had a problem with this in any other Halo game except for this one.

Agree to disagree. UX in MCC is atrocious. UI is also busy, ugly, and unresponsive in a lot of ways (try back out of a search quickly; it won't register your left-directional input for the first second or so).

I could make something better in an hour, and that's saying a lot.

As a UX practitioner, I doubt you could make something better an hour. It would take you more than an hour just to list out all the information you are going to have to architect. The MCC, while it definitely has room for improvement, isn't half bad given that it looks like a UX designer's worst nightmare. Four games, that each have their own quirks, would not be fun to unify. I agree with your statement that Destiny has a beautiful UI, but that's separate from the actual UX...Destiny's UX is not great by any means. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

old? MCC H2A FFA.

Finally! It's the obvious move since the uneven teams is such an issue.

But it will still be plagued by all of the other problems. Went into H2 Classic, 6v6 on Colossus. I'm like whatever, since it's pretty much a BTB map anyway.

Literally 1 minute in and the game goes black screen and then boots me out of the game. There are so many issues besides matchmaking that it's absurd.

Honestly how hard could it be to set the playlists to the correct team sizes and max player count? And every game of H2A I get is plagued with Lag so I don't know how good an FFA playlist will be.

Had a great time spending half hour playing split screen with a mate in a custom game showing him how to bxr, double shot etc, he actually picked it up pretty quickly (never played H2 before and loved it).

Load up the halo 2 classic playlist, wait for 40 mins and only match we get is plasma rifle starts on midship with only duels on map.

Sigh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why dont they just put a halo ce playlist on it already. I understand they want to improve netcode but they already gave it in a playlist already where you have to pray to have ppl vote for it.

As a UX practitioner, I doubt you could make something better an hour. It would take you more than an hour just to list out all the information you are going to have to architect. The MCC, while it definitely has room for improvement, isn't half bad given that it looks like a UX designer's worst nightmare. Four games, that each have their own quirks, would not be fun to unify. I agree with your statement that Destiny has a beautiful UI, but that's separate from the actual UX...Destiny's UX is not great by any means.

I meant I could design a better LOOKING UI theme. The UX would take a while longer, but I promise you that given a week, I could create a series of screens (as a workflow) that would not only look worlds better, but would likely be much better from a UX standpoint.

MCC just looks like an over-Photoshopped mess, the kind of thing that rookie Photoshoppers would come up with, with too many filters and over-the-top "effects" that are just downright ugly and distracting.

Are you doing the hard reset by holding down the power button thingy for 10 seconds or just turning it off and back on with the controller?

hard reset fixed it, thanks
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There are various DBL Shot help vids on youtube, I like this one because it has graphs.

• Upvote (+1) 4