CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It shouldn't be this broken in the first place, all the crap and fuck you's they are getting are well deserved, there is nothing more to be said.

I never said it wasn't deserved

I think the moral of this story is to not give into hype. I didn't play Reach much but I learned a lesson from Halo 4. 343 takes over reach, puts in the awesome TU, and ppl think they are the truth. BR is back?! Fuck Yea!....The game ended up being a failure. I honestly think it scarred me...I don't get excited for any gameplay trailers, hype trailers at all anymore...for any game. I know now to wait until I get my hands on it to be hyped. One thing that bothered me most was when they brought up sales records and all that shit....that is literally all because of hype...not because your game was good. I used to freak out over Halo trailers because I trusted that it was going to be good. Now I kinda just sit there like "We will see...we will see." 343 has created some serious trust issues.

They could have spent the whole development process taking shits in the cases, flattening them shut, shipping them out, and because Halo was on the box they still would have sold a lot. They took laxative for this one. I do not like when people defend them like "Look at all of the great stuff they are doing like Halo Nightfall! Tournaments! They care!"....No...just no.  There comes a point when you have to follow up on what you tell people. You can't just keep dropping the ball over and over.  Give one or 2 trailers with an awesome game and people will be happy. Halo did not get introduced to us as a movie or tv show. It came to us in game form and that is what we fell in love with. Priority number 1 is the game not some hype-train crap. What does it get you pumped for anyway? THE GAME!!! (That doesn't work) This game has so much potential too...if it would have shipped in good condition, it would be epic right now. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

They are lucky they took over a game that has a cult-like following. We are sticking around because we love Halo (not 343). I feel like a crazy person for saying this, but even though Master Chief isn't real I fuckin feel bad for him haha. First he gets armor from 343 that he can't move around in properly or see his own dick.....now he can't practice his BR or Sniper skills because his training facility is under construction still. This is the Flaccid Chief Collection up until it gets fixed for me.

#ChowderChiefCollection

• Upvote (+1) 6

That was the worst update ever...

Uh, maybe next week.

I heard the HCS is still happening this weekend? Wonder if anyone will even bother watching.

The fallout is going to be epic I'm sure.

so we are going to know on monday what they plan to do next? I bet you anything on monday they will tell us they have figured out the issues and that we will get an update after the thanksgiving break. Quote me on monday. 

343 is beyond inept. You have already created one halo game, how did you forget how to properly implement matchmaking? if that part of the game was working 100% then the other issues wouldn't stick out as much. Get it together.

Also, allowing 10 players max in playlists that are suppose to be 4v4 is not helping ppl to find faster matches...no clue how they thought this brilliant idea would work in the first place. Smaller team sizes equal faster matches because teams will be put together much quicker....a 2 year old could understand this concept.

I'd rather wait for a match than to have uneven teams.

same here

343 has alrady destroyed their reputation and credibility.

The only thing that we are lucky for, is the fact that H5 isnt coming out for over a year - which forces them to fix the current problems.

Because lets be honest, if H5 was releasing in Jan/Feb, 343 would wipe the dust from their shoes and pretty much say, "Well we tried... onto the next cash cow."

343 - you're terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather wait for a match than to have uneven teams.

I would also rather wait for a match, if it mant I got to stay in the party and play with my friends

so we are going to know on monday what they plan to do next? I bet you anything on monday they will tell us they have figured out the issues and that we will get an update after the thanksgiving break. Quote me on monday.

Nah, it will be a repeat of this week. So they start out saying they believe they have figured out the causes of the issue and are addressing it with a Patch that will come out Wednesday. Then they will update saying that the patch will be delayed. Then they will release patch notes last minute that look extensive. Then people will apply a patch that is 3GB (because this one will be 2x better). Then people will get more error messages and everyone will find out the patch did nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 has alrady destroyed their reputation and credibility.

The only thing that we are lucky for, is the fact that H5 isnt coming out for over a year - which forces them to fix the current problems.

Because lets be honest, if H5 was releasing in Jan/Feb, 343 would wipe the dust from their shoes and pretty much say, "Well we tried... onto the next cash cow."

343 - you're terrible.

I would rather Halo 5 never come out in it's current state.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would rather wait 20 minutes for even teams than two minutes for a 4v5. Who was the genius who made that call?

You're only waiting for 2 minutes to get into a game?

Lucky

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy crap, Xbox Support recognizes the MCC is "technically broken" and actually gives refunds to digital copies, according to this YouTube video. 

Translation: We have no clue what we are doing but thanks for beta testing this as we screw around with your pre-order money and make more stupid tv shows, tablet games and shitty Vidocs about how we care about you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Translation: We have no clue what we are doing but thanks for beta testing this as we screw around with your pre-order money and make more stupid tv shows, tablet games and shitty Vidocs about how we care about you.

haha, you got me with that one.

This thread is the only thing bringing any "Halo" joy into my life.

I just feel bad for anyone who was hoping for a great, fun competitive experience since Halo 3. Tons of promises, no delivery.. I hope the skepticism of 343 and Halo in general causes players to branch out of their comfort zone and try other FPS games IF developers even decide to branch out themselves. We had plenty of missed opportunities in the past. Either I hope 343 gets their shit together or someone else needs to step up. Battleborn doesn't exactly look extremely competitive, but it is a hybrid Moba/Shooter

• Upvote (+1) 1

by the time it's fixed,  total gbs of updates would probably be around the same as the game :P

Lol so basically "we saw improvements but you; the players, didn't." Ok 343, sure you did.

Their choice of words in these patch notes are deplorable.

A socially awkward introvert like me wouldn't have used such projecting statements to keep in touch with people.

Holy crap, Xbox Support recognizes the MCC is "technically broken" and actually gives refunds to digital copies, according to this YouTube video. 

Yeah. I posted that video earlier. I even saw a thread on Halowaypoint (that wasn't shut down either) where someone posted that he got a refund for his digital copy. Here is a podcast where they got a refund from Microsoft. These guys actually recorded the phone conversation: http://postgamecarnagereport.com/2014/11/pgcr-episode-210-i-returned-mcc/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep got a refund for mine and bought GTA. Going to rebuy when everything gets sorted out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1