CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Had my rank reset, so I started playing ranked again after the update. Got to lvl 5 then it got reset again for some reason... This game is beyond broken.

idk why people keep complaining about rank resets...  they will be reset when everything is sorted out( IF it will be sorted out)... so why care about that rank right now is beyond me..

• Upvote (+1) 5

This whole situation should really prove to companies that release a major title like halo that they SHOULD ALWAYS have a "beta" (aka network stress test) for the game.  Even if it was to play 2 maps from each game, at least they would have recognized that shit was broken before they release it.  Sure people would obviously be mad not to be able to play a broken beta but not nearly as mad when you pay $60 to play a broken beta.

It's been a week now and the achievement 'Metropolis' still wont unlock for me. Any suggestions? 

idk why people keep complaining about rank resets...  they will be reset when everything is sorted out( IF it will be sorted out)... so why care about that rank right now is beyond me..

Well if I'm level 10 and am getting matched against other level 10s, then I'm probably having more fun than when my rank is reset and I'm back against level 1s who've never played Halo before.

I think everyone is expecting to be reset at some point, and when it does I won't be upset when it's the final one, but until then having my rank being reset which is putting me with players who I should never be matched with is frustrating.

Here's something funny the Digital version of FIFA had an error code and anyone who had the digital version couldn't play and received an error.

It was fixed within 3 hours by EA and MS.............

Don't care if it's unrelated atleast they bothered helping it's customers!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know I'm sounding like a hypocrite right now, but the campaign for all 4 games are amazing. Any achievement hunters out there?

I've been doing the campaigns legendary solo while I wait for MM to fix. I still need all of H4 legendary and the par times/scores on all campaigns. If you wanna do any hmu.

It's been a week now and the achievement 'Metropolis' still wont unlock for me. Any suggestions? 

I have this issue too. 

Here's something funny the Digital version of FIFA had an error code and anyone who had the digital version couldn't play and received an error.

It was fixed within 3 hours by EA and MS.............

Don't care if it's unrelated atleast they bothered helping it's customers!!!!!!

I never got this and I was playing the digital version from when it launched at midnight. On the other hand, EA servers are a complete joke and regularly throw me and my friends off when we play. Lets not use fifa as an example.

I've been doing the campaigns legendary solo while I wait for MM to fix. I still need all of H4 legendary and the par times/scores on all campaigns. If you wanna do any hmu.

I have this issue too. 

You will struggle getting par score in co-op. This was atleast the case with me and my friend playing on legendary.

I think the rank resetting is something they are doing on purpose to make it so that you can still find people. So essentially it is unranked.

It's getting close to closing time at 343 so I wonder if we are going to get an update today on when we can expect the next "patch".

This whole situation should really prove to companies that release a major title like halo that they SHOULD ALWAYS have a "beta" (aka network stress test) for the game.  Even if it was to play 2 maps from each game, at least they would have recognized that shit was broken before they release it.  Sure people would obviously be mad not to be able to play a broken beta but not nearly as mad when you pay $60 to play a broken beta.

And for the love of god an open beta. Not invite and not tied to owning some other game. If you want to truly test the servers you need to let as many people in as possible

In one hour, I was able to play only 2 games with my friend.  After each match ended - we got seperated and the only way to get back together was to hard quit the game and re load it, send new invites and then sit in a lobby searching all over again.

Oh and the H2C player max went back up to 10 (5v5) with a minimum of 8 players allowed.

WTF?!?!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I may get hate from this but I say trash it all but H2C 60FPS, 1080p, on a dedicated servers. Give us the playlists from back then and be done with it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember when people were pissed about CS:GO when it first launch? The devs listened and made the game awesome again. I'm not saying the exact same thing will happen to MCC, but at least become playable to a point when it's fun to a point where players will start coming back. I'm giving 343 til the new year to redeem themselves of this catastrophe of a launch.

And when matchmaking gives you a 4v4 or when it works the way it's suppose to, MCC multiplayer is really fun to play like it's suppose to.

But that's the problem right there.  When is the line finally going to be drawn?  Constantly giving 343 extra chances is only telling them that it's ok to make constant big mistakes.  The problem is that this community is honestly too afraid to risk Halo as a business product dying to make sure that we get a good product forever.  What the community should be doing is returning all their copies of MCC, constantly keeping MS phone lines blaring and letting MS executives know that we want every single god damn 343 employee fired for this act of betrayal.  And we demand absolute jurisdiction of how future Halo's are made from here on out.  No more of these false promises.  It's time to fully use our rights as consumers and that means kicking the bucket for 343 and even some MC employees/executives.  Stop giving them more chances, this is only allowing this capitalistic cancer to grow in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The patch greatly improved CE netcode so atleast that shows they care about us H1 guys.

by removing the beep they clearly showed the opposite imo, CE games are short and it takes much more time to evaluate your lag-lead without the beep on those crappy P2P games than with the beep

play some competitive custom scrims on a cross continential host and you know what im talking about, should also somewhat apply for east-west coast games within the US

bring it back in a very low volume, that way everyone wins

eg in a volume similar to the Halo 5 hitsound

I've completely lost faith in 343.  How long are we going to be kept in the dark?  When will this game be fucking fixed?!

Seems like this thread is losing steam. That's probably a bad sign.

I think when there is noise there is still hope that people come back, because they care.

When it goes silent is when you know people just don't care anymore.

Seems like this thread is losing steam. That's probably a bad sign.

I think when there is noise there is still hope that people come back, because they care.

When it goes silent is when you know people just don't care anymore.

or it could be people have complained so much for 10 days that they covered everything possible to complain about.

• Upvote (+1) 2