CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wait what happened last year with Halo 4 and Thanksgiving? Didn't pay any attention at all during those times cause I just played H3 which I knew was never getting touched.

So are there any other good XB1 games worth the money out there? I bought this stupid console for this game, might as well put it to use.

Wait what happened last year with Halo 4 and Thanksgiving? Didn't pay any attention at all during those times cause I just played H3 which I knew was never getting touched.

Game released, then Late November/Early December they 343 went very quiet during the bulletins, not talking about ranks, or adjusting settings, or really addressing the state of the game. Then we found out late december that ranks were arriving in late January and that they wouldn't be visible in game. The fear is that during Turkey Holiday there wont be much progress towards fixing MCC matchmaking

• Upvote (+1) 3

How can they possibly be the scapegoat?

If a company goes out and hires other companies to redistribute some of their work to, it is 100% the original companies fault for not making sure everything was completely functional.

343 hired/contracted those other companies right? It is on 343's shoulders to make sure everything else works right, otherwise go out and contract a different company

MotherfuckingWord!!!

To all the 343 symptatizers: this is 343's game. They are to blame and they merrit all of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was wondering whether to put this in the MCC thread, but it's just too big of post to be buried in ten minutes. That would be a waste.

This mostly isn't 343i's fault. Let's take a look at the Wikipedia page for the game.

TL;DR: Greedy corporation had a horrible idea for a quick buck and made 343i the fall guy for it. Being mad at 343i is exactly what Microsoft would prefer you do. Be mad at the suits in M$, not well meaning 343i devs.

Okay mods. I guess this will be buried in ten minutes anyway because you moved this here. Thanks.

Faeyrin I appreciate the effort in your post and the thought you have put into it, but, I 100% disagree with your point. 

When the reveal was made for MCC who were the individuals that presented the game to us?

Bonnie Ross- general manager and studio head for 343i

Dan Ayoub- executive producer of MCC for 343i

Bravo- halo franchise community manager at 343i

Neighbor- QA position 343i

Ghost- tester position 343i

Link to the reveal here    

Finally, what company's logo do you see every-time you boot up MCC? 

Microsoft studios and 343i.

I do not care if you are the lowest man or the highest man on the totem pole. When you put your name and stamp on the work you have produced you are taking credit for that work. However, you are not forced by any means to sign your name or represent that work.

343i has and will always have a choice to tell Microsoft, NO. Some of you might think that this is extreme. That saying no to Microsoft would cost them their jobs. It would probably cost people their jobs but in no way is it extreme. 

When your company (343i) release a video such as this that highlights people's favorite memories about halo it feels like a slap to the face. 343i goes out of their way to acknowledge just how much fans like Halo and then release the MCC. What's worse is 343i have released multiple videos that talk about how much they care about halo.

Spare me the crap, if you care about your work and its more than a paycheck to you, you don't produce garbage work even if your boss tells you to. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Apparently 343 put a hold on digital refunds at some point. Not sure if it was rescinded or not, but I found this on Reddit. A guy said his refund was denied by the developer, not MS. But that's just this shitty MS support guy talking.

xQfiID4.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like they are still making daily server adjustments.  I would love to see the data that they are seeing, it'd be interesting as fuck.

We're all in the same side here. Even tho it is not necessary to tell an employee to fuck/kill himself or herself. I'm frustrated as you guys, but there's no point into going in a rampage of cursing and telling everyone to go to hell. I've wasted a lot of money, time, and opportunities with the launch of Halo (and its patches). I've wasted over 1.5k dollars because of the days I decided to take off for the launch of Halo, plus buying an extra Xbox One for my brother, two copies of the game and more stuff such as Xbox Live and crap like that. Oh yeah man, I am frustrated and quite disappointed with the launch like anyone else here. Maybe some people don't have the fortune to waste money like that, or to take days off, or to even buy an Xbox One, but there are some who sacrificed a lot just to be there at the launch of MCC.

It is frustrating, disappointing, and annoying. It is understandable. But, there's no excuse to be low as hell to tell employees to fuck themselves and to kill themselves. There's no excuse in that, and it won't help at all. It won't even help you, you'll still be enraged about it. It is 343's and MS's fault. Nobody can deny that, and nobody can change our perspective unless something bad happened that was out of 343's hands.

Tons of people wasted money, and time. But right now is either moving on with another game, or wait to see when the fuck the game is fixed. That's my opinion, and honestly I truly believe that being a fucking asshole won't help at all. There's my crappy opinion, now, to go work and get my money back  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 3

There's a lot more civil ways to deal with such a thing than just arrogantly screaming fuck you. What does it truly accomplish?

Ya .. A class action lawsuit. But the readily available refunds are to head that off.

Just take the refund and walk away you guys. Don't play the whiner over a $60 toy.

Why is Xbox support saying that 343 has two more updates planned for the weekend?

Because they have no clue what they are talking about.

343 doesn't work on the weekends, which should be your first clue that support is full of it.

Finding games consistently with a to3 party in every playlist. 
Only major problem: separating party after game

Game released, then Late November/Early December they 343 went very quiet during the bulletins, not talking about ranks, or adjusting settings, or really addressing the state of the game. Then we found out late december that ranks were arriving in late January and that they wouldn't be visible in game. The fear is that during Turkey Holiday there wont be much progress towards fixing MCC matchmaking

Ranks came out in April

Here is a simple question. The patch notes said that they were fixing party issues;

• Make an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report
  • Improved lobby functionality to address players not being able to reconnect to the party leader after completing a match

Are these issues fixed or not? From what I've read they are not.

At that point trying to defend 343 is pretty much pointless.

Apparently 343 put a hold on digital refunds at some point. Not sure if it was rescinded or not, but I found this on Reddit. A guy said his refund was denied by the developer, not MS. But that's just this shitty MS support guy talking.

Chat support is literally useless, I immediately dismiss every single thing I ever hear that comes from one of these conversations.