CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If there is an alternate ending it won't be what Bungie intended. Halo 2 was intended to be a 3 act game with the third act being most if not all the Earth levels from Halo 3(Halo 3 was originally intended to have a really heavy focus on the Ark). Bungie ran into problems and had to scrap the third act. So asking for cut levels is most likely just asking for Halo 3 levels with a Halo 2 skin.

Ah, that's a good point...

Inb4 KSI revival if H2A announced and decent.

KSI is alive and kicking in H4. Half of the games I've played recently (which isn't many) have had someone with KSI in their gamertag.

Halo 2 Anniversary SINGLE PLAYER ONLY, with h4 multiplayer ported to the xbone and with your your purchase you get beta access to H5:Gaurdians in summer 2015. Since its being ported they were able to change some stuff around and we now can drop the flag, not sprint and descope. With these changes they also bring back some H2 maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Anyone know where it (MS e3 keynote) will be live streamed?

Xbox 360, Xbox One, Twitch and Xbox.com are your best bets.

Does anybody else dislike the Halo 2 shield bar? I like H3, reach, and 4 shield bars best. Just a nitpick though.

Yeah, it was much better in the later games for me too.

Does anybody else dislike the Halo 2 shield bar? I like H3, reach, and 4 shield bars best. Just a nitpick though.

I agree, I like the fact that it was on the top of screen in plain view rather than tucked away in a corner. I also liked how in Halo 3, if you had the settings set to no radar, that whole part of the HUD was removed entirely giving you a cleaner POV

• Upvote (+1) 5

What time/day would something Halo related most likely be announced? Or better yet could someone link me to a schedule?

Tomorrow.

Halo 2 Anniversary SINGLE PLAYER ONLY, with h4 multiplayer ported to the xbone and with your your purchase you get beta access to H5:Gaurdians in summer 2015. Since its being ported they were able to change some stuff around and we now can drop the flag, not sprint and descope. With these changes they also bring back some H2 maps.

Can we stop this nonsense? It doesnt make sense to use Halo 4 for the MP. It will be easier to use the Halo 2 Engine with improved Netcode and other fixes and improvements than using the Halo 4 Engine and recreating the old stuff like Descope, no sprint, no AAs, Flag Dropping etc. It doesnt make any sense.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand how you guys want it completely unaltered. Whether or not you trust 343, they will change it IMO. Why not try to suggest changes we can all agree on (improved weapon spawning for instance)?

Think of it this way: you think they will release a multiplayer Halo and then not patch/tweak?

Historically, most believe (especially on these forums) that Halo games have been declining in quality. But when you look at each game individually, most of you will agree that patches post launch have nearly always improved them:

- Halo 2 pre-patch to post-patch

- Halo Reach Title Update settings

- Halo 4 weapon balancing tweaks (and playlist improvements)

Why wouldn't a patch to H2 improve it?

Before you go all "but what about button glitches" I don't feel like having that discussion right now. I'm talking about smaller tweaks and improvements that could make Halo 2 a better game without changing the fundamentals.

Have a little trust in 343. Even if Halo 4 was terrible, they did improve it as time went on. And with how many competitive people they've hired, can we finally give them a little credit?

If they can improve it then they should do it just fix H2 weapon spawning system and the beatdown system too be like the one's in H3 and that gets rid some of the biggest flaws H2 had.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So happy I have a half day of school tomorrow going to be able to catch the xbox press conference 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like my "hype" phase is gone, now I'm just nervous for the future of my favourite franchise in gaming.

The next 13 hours will be very stressful. :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tomorrow.

Can we stop this nonsense? It doesnt make sense to use Halo 4 for the MP. It will be easier to use the Halo 2 Engine with improved Netcode and other fixes and improvements than using the Halo 4 Engine and recreating the old stuff like Descope, no spring, no AAs, Flag Dropping etc. It doesnt make any sense.

The only nonsense i see are the people that actually think 343 is going to give us a multiplayer game that we hold such nostalgia for just a year before they release there new full game in 2015. They would only be shooting themselves in the foot.

The only nonsense i see are the people that actually think 343 is going to give us a multiplayer game that we hold such nostalgia for just a year before they release there new full game in 2015. They would only be shooting themselves in the foot.

And this makes again no sense.

Is Activision shooting themselves in the foot for releasing a new CoD MP every year? Nope. Halo 2 MP will be fine. If H5 sucks again, people can go back to H2.

• Upvote (+1) 1