CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What. You honestly think H2 would be held in the same light that Reach and Halo 4 were held in? Those games aren't Halo. They are trash games with a Halo logo on top. They both scream identity crisis and destroyed the core of what made Halo, Halo.

Yes, H2 was not perfect, but it was a very solid game. It had a good ranking system, the map pool was solid (DLC included), it was FUN for many different types of players and the utility rifle was not a piece of shit. The Halo community is in a situation where H2 will save us. We don't need the "perfect" game to get out of this hole, we just need a solid game that can sustain itself, have a steady population and have semi-regular tournaments.

H2 pretty much made XBL back in '04, if they start messing with the core mechanics and trying to innovate for the sake of change, there will be massive community backlash. 

I believe that if H2A came out this coming Tuesday, and it was in the same state H2 was in when it originally launched, yeah basically. It wouldn't be quite as bad, but the community would hate it. Look no further than how the CE community reacted to H2 back then, and (as a community) we are MUCH worse now at reacting to something we dislike. H2 needs some major work before it can be considered a competitive shooter that can hang with the others that are scheduled for this fall.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I believe that if H2A came out this coming Tuesday, and it was in the same state H2 was in when it originally launched, yeah basically. It wouldn't be quite as bad, but the community would hate it. Look no further than how the CE community reacted to H2 back then, and (as a community) we are MUCH worse now at reacting to something we dislike. H2 needs some major work before it can be considered a competitive shooter that can hang with the others that are scheduled for this fall.

Wait, if you're talking about pre patch H2, then I agree. That game was garbage, post patch, though? That's completely different.

When a new game launches, there will always be a vocal minority who shout the loudest how the game ruined the franchise. H2 had to be made more accessible than CE if they wanted to see a big population of casual gamers. They are the market, they dominate the sales for both game copies and consoles. Remember, Msft are a business, if they had let Bungie make a CE v2 that catered to the hardcore audience again, I doubt Halo would be as big as it is right now (as a multi billion franchise).

I think you're overeacting when you say the community would "hate" H2A. Just wondering, what proposed changes would you make to H2A?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wait, if you're talking about pre patch H2, then I agree. That game was garbage, post patch, though? That's completely different.

When a new game launches, there will always be a vocal minority who shout the loudest how the game ruined the franchise. H2 had to be made more accessible than CE if they wanted to see a big population of casual gamers. They are the market, they dominate the sales for both game copies and consoles. Remember, Msft are a business, if they had let Bungie make a CE v2 that catered to the hardcore audience again, I doubt Halo would be as big as it is right now (as a multi billion franchise).

I think you're overeacting when you say the community would "hate" H2A. Just wondering, what proposed changes would you make to H2A?

I believe that in order for it to succeed as a whole (not just as a competitive game) that the button glitches have to go. i know it added another skill to the game, but I also, objectively, realize that they really can't stay in order for new players to stick around. Superbouncing (this really isn't a purposeful change) will be gone as well, that wasn't something intended to be there & I don't think 343 (or whomever) will add it in just for the people that liked it. The aim assist is something I think most gamers have forgotten, everyone hates how easy it is to aim in Reach and H4, well bad news, H2 was even easier.

This is by no means intended to insult anyone, but I think the community as a whole has some serious nostalgia goggles on when it comes to remembering Halo 2. It was a fun game, and it revolutionized online play, but it had some glaring issues that caused even Bungie claim it was the worst of the series. I don't agree (especially now that we've had Reach and H4) but, it can't release like it was, people don't stick around for patches anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

What if they bring back clans?!?

Wow forgot all about Clans holy crap, that would be pretty sweet.

You didn't/dont play H2 seriously, did you?

Sorry, but most of what you said is completely inaccurate.

And if were talking about that one Vidoc Bungie did, they said Reach was their best game(pre-patch) they lost alot of credibility at that point for me. I am pretty sure they were talking about how dissapointed they were in H2's infamous cliff-hanger ending due to time restrictions with the campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3's bullshit has diluted so many people.

What do you mean?  Just curious.

As for everyone else, the game needs to release with options to be able to turn off an on different button combos/super bounces.  For Matchmaking I really hope they turn off Double/Quad shotting but keep BxB an BxR in.  An turn super bouncing off, don't get me wrong I love double/quad shotting but I don't want to face the terror of some kid with a Scuff or modified controller where all he/she needs to do is tap one button an bam double/quad shot every time so it's impossible to get away from.  Or playing a game of Team Snipers then a guy super bounces onto the top of the tower when I'm actually trying to play a serious game.  Don't get wrong I'm all for the glitches to be in the game just not Matchmaking an now as I post this I just thought yes H2A is a win win but then again were either going to have a game with glitches in Matchmaking that will make the MP kinda bad once when you get in the higher levels in rank or if you don't put them in then people are going to complain about that as well.  So either way we win but complaining no matter what.

An I see MP leaving off on the last Matchmaking update they had for Halo2 an the last patch for the game as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss clan  matches, so much fun!

Clan matches were some of my favorite memories in H2! and now they cant use the 2nd friend list excuse they tried to use for Halo 3 because the X1 has the 1000 player limit 100 more people from clans wouldn't matter.

• Upvote (+1) 6

And if were talking about that one Vidoc Bungie did, they said Reach was their best game(pre-patch) they lost alot of credibility at that point for me. I am pretty sure they were talking about how dissapointed they were in H2's infamous cliff-hanger ending due to time restrictions with the campaign.

I played H2 very seriously, actually.

Care to extrapolate on what you think was innaccurate in what I said?

And no, I'm not talking about that vidoc when Reach was out, this was before Reach, it was actually even before H3 was released. Bungie said they had "screwed up" with Halo 2's multiplayer, and promised Halo 3 would be much better. This was like early 2007 I believe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The possibilities are amazing. I'm hoping for the best.

I miss clan  matches, so much fun!

I would seriously do some questionable things if they would bring Minor & Major Clan Matches back

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would seriously do some questionable things if they would bring Minor & Major Clan Matches back

Yo bro, when H2A gets announced, you wanna join my clan?

:kappa: :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yo bro, when H2A gets announced, you wanna join my clan?

:kappa: :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

Are you the Fearist that was on Fallout?

I stumbled on this gem the other day. Any fellow campaign loremasters out there might enjoy it

I stumbled on this gem the other day. Any fellow campaign loremasters out there might enjoy it

Somebody here posted this the other day... I've really been wondering after watching it... With the leaker saying he heard something about an "alternate ending" and whatnot, and Bungie talking about the final levels that got cut with MC being the character that was supposed to wrap up the game, I wonder if it's even possible for the developers (of this hypothetical H2A lol) to tack on those final levels if they say, just had them stored away somewhere and they were to a point where they just needed some polishing...

How cool would that be? I mean the leaks are really seeming to prove to be legit the more time goes on... What if?

Somebody here posted this the other day... I've really been wondering after watching it... With the leaker saying he heard something about an "alternate ending" and whatnot, and Bungie talking about the final levels that got cut with MC being the character that was supposed to wrap up the game, I wonder if it's even possible for the developers (of this hypothetical H2A lol) to tack on those final levels if they say, just had them stored away somewhere and they were to a point where they just needed some polishing...

How cool would that be? I mean the leaks are really seeming to prove to be legit the more time goes on... What if?

Apologies to whoever posted the other day, I'm diving back in after being inactive for so long but should really have looked over everything first.

But as far as adding the levels on, as cool as it would be, they tend to not mess with the original story when they can avoid it, in case theres a crazy backlash from nostalgic members of the community that dont want anything changed from the way they remembered it.

Are you the Fearist that was on Fallout?

Hahahaha,

Yes sir

Myself, CNiNE, Hyper TX, Grief

Myself, CNiNE, Kronen, Fuzion

Myself, CNiNE, Kronen, JR

one of those teams :-)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic, but anyways: I didn't play  Reach until v7 due to me not liking the game, but lets be honest, Halo: Reach was an amazing fucking game. It may have not been the most competitive game, but generally speaking it was a great game. The maps had just as much detail as Halo 3 maps (I am talking about scenery, etc) and everything functioned flawlessly. Compare Reach and previous Halo titles to Halo 4. On every single Halo 3 map were beautiful backgrounds and textures, you could literally look around the map and be in awe of how much detail they put into the skybox. You cannot do that on Halo 4. Halo 4 just feels so cheap compared to Reach. I can see where Bungie was coming from when they considered that Reach was their best game, it is definitely easy to see that they put alot of work into it, we definitely didn't get a half assed game. Sadly, however, you cannot say the same for Halo 4.

Halo Reach has numerous amazing easter eggs, firefight, updated daily/weekly challenges, file search, etc. Im not necessarily defending it because it is Reach, but more because it is a Bungie game. They always deliver quality, imo.

Off topic, but anyways: I didn't play  Reach until v7 due to me not liking the game, but lets be honest, Halo: Reach was an amazing fucking game. It may have not been the most competitive game, but generally speaking it was a great game. The maps had just as much detail as Halo 3 maps (I am talking about scenery, etc) and everything functioned flawlessly. Compare Reach and previous Halo titles to Halo 4. On every single Halo 3 map were beautiful backgrounds and textures, you could literally look around the map and be in awe of how much detail they put into the skybox. You cannot do that on Halo 4. Halo 4 just feels so cheap compared to Reach. I can see where Bungie was coming from when they considered that Reach was their best game, it is definitely easy to see that they put alot of work into it, we definitely didn't get a half assed game. Sadly, however, you cannot say the same for Halo 4.

Halo Reach has numerous amazing easter eggs, firefight, updated daily/weekly challenges, file search, etc. Im not necessarily defending it because it is Reach, but more because it is a Bungie game. They always deliver quality, imo.

The Reach you played wasn't a Bungie game, the Reach Bungie gave us was trash

• Upvote (+1) 7

The Reach you played wasn't a Bungie game, the Reach Bungie gave us was trash

Reach? Trash??? That's a bit nice of you....

I would call it cancer.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand how you guys want it completely unaltered. Whether or not you trust 343, they will change it IMO. Why not try to suggest changes we can all agree on (improved weapon spawning for instance)?

Think of it this way: you think they will release a multiplayer Halo and then not patch/tweak?

Historically, most believe (especially on these forums) that Halo games have been declining in quality. But when you look at each game individually, most of you will agree that patches post launch have nearly always improved them:

- Halo 2 pre-patch to post-patch

- Halo Reach Title Update settings

- Halo 4 weapon balancing tweaks (and playlist improvements)

Why wouldn't a patch to H2 improve it?

Before you go all "but what about button glitches" I don't feel like having that discussion right now. I'm talking about smaller tweaks and improvements that could make Halo 2 a better game without changing the fundamentals.

Have a little trust in 343. Even if Halo 4 was terrible, they did improve it as time went on. And with how many competitive people they've hired, can we finally give them a little credit?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If there is an alternate ending it won't be what Bungie intended. Halo 2 was intended to be a 3 act game with the third act being most if not all the Earth levels from Halo 3(Halo 3 was originally intended to have a really heavy focus on the Ark). Bungie ran into problems and had to scrap the third act. So asking for cut levels is most likely just asking for Halo 3 levels with a Halo 2 skin.

• Upvote (+1) 1