CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How's AW because I'm in the same boat man and I'm not playing fkn forza 2 with my brother. It's either AW or re-buying Destiny to slay bad kids.

I'm not the biggest COD fan, but it's least a decently fun shooter and you can actually (gasp!) play it online with your friends. I don't know what the consensus is, but imo it's the best COD since black ops.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are one of the few. The reviews have been all negative, very negative. With the budget and Ridley Scott I'd expect far better then a low budget SyFy network show.

I see those cutscenes from Blur and I think, now that is something I'd love to see in a movie form. Nightfall? No thank you.

Did you see it or you going off reviews?  Because let me tell you a little something about the staff at TheVerge... they are not same as the good people who worked there in the beginning.

GTA.

Yeah, but the thing is, GTA's online capabilities weren't the core feature of the game. The launch was still nothing short of successful, online or not, and the game still amazing without online features.

Matchmaking is the core feature of Halo, especially in a situation where we're talking about rehashed titles.

I'm not the biggest COD fan, but it's least a decently fun shooter and you can actually (gasp!) play it online with your friends. I don't know what the consensus is, but imo it's the best COD since black ops.

I'm really thinking of getting it because once again I have a $500 paperweight. The H5 team has so much pressure on them it's ridiculous. If that beta fails on day 1 it's over.

Should I even buy an Xbox One, LOL?

I held off... A little still voice inside said wait. So glad I did. I really want to forge. Badly. But if the game isnt working then who for? I am now seriously entertaining the idea of getting fc4. They have a much better map editor and video rendering. I just wonder if I can enjoy the fire fights... Or the lack there of.

So, this patch was a total flop?

I wouldn't go that far. I managed to find games fairly quickly and from what I've read some other problems got resolved.

The problem is that the game is still extremely far from where it should be at this point.

Did you see it or you going off reviews?  Because let me tell you a little something about the staff at TheVerge... they are not same as the good people who worked there in the beginning.

Yes, but I couldn't even sit through the whole thing. Couldn't stand it.

The reviews/opinions I've seen are from actual fans/consumers and from what I saw it was all negative.

You know how they said if everyone on the other team of a game of CE quits the game will end? ... Well it doesn't

• Upvote (+1) 6

Video game development is something of a mystery because you only ever see the final product in the comfort of your own home. Rarely do you get to peek into the studio and take in the breadth of talent plugging away to create top-of-the-line experiences in entertainment today. These people have spent upwards of DECADES mastering their craft, literally tens of thousands of hours learning the intricacies of all facets of video game production.

Today I have a very special treat for you. I would like to show you a behind-the-scenes look at 343 Industries based out of Washington state who are currently working on Halo 5 and who recently released Halo: The Master Chief Collection. This webcam will give you a live feed of the Halo: MCC team bustling to make the user experience as seamless as possible:

ntaknyX.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

At least 343/Microsoft can be an example for the industry of what not to do. You would think there had been enough examples over the past few years of what happens when you force a launch window but it seems like game companies never learn.