CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Dial THC if you want more

Molly's diesel powered... I'll stop.

I wonder if they will add any "Special Stuff" Like scrapped Missions or a third mode in edition to campaign and multiplayer

Am I the only one who wants some new meta? Halo 2 was cool and all, but you throw newbies in against people who have been playing since 2004, it's not going to be fun for anyone.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So in case you guys can't wait.... http://www.xbconnect.com/

HMU if you want to play 4s  :gandhi:

Here's a quick question... IF H2A does happen, who do you think would return from the old Halo pros? Who would you like to see return?

I think they should do one event with all the original best teams just once just for the fun of it.

Am I the only one who wants some new meta? Halo 2 was cool and all, but you throw newbies in against people who have been playing since 2004, it's not going to be fun for anyone.

Kinda like Quake Live, the die-hard Quake 3/Arena FPS players just destroyed any chance of newbies being able to find their footing before they ran into the Arena gods.

It wont be that bad though, there is always social and BTB for newbies until they learn the basics.

But if there is some new maps ported from the H2 Vista version, that would be cool. However, its not like Halo's meta has positively changed in the last 10 years anyways, so its not like people buying H2A are expecting a new experience they want a familiar experience.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hyped of course... but does anyone remember the shit-tier weapon spawning system?

H2 is not H4. That by itself makes it 100x better than what we have now. I'll gladly take the few negatives that come with H2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A Vanilla, out of the box, competitive Halo....where I actually WANT to learn more about.

Something that keeps the community growing and back to its prime..

What I do hope for the future though...

MLG picks up H2A, pros come back, new pros arise.

343 sponsors their own team to go to the events with gh0st, neighbor derks and someone else? and get's bravo to commentate parts of the matches.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Less than 48 hours until our lives will be changed forever!

For better or for worse is still a mystery.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What if we only see campaign gameplay :/

Than all the waiting was for nothing since we still don't see how it plays online.

What if we only see campaign gameplay :/

Than all the waiting was for nothing since we still don't see how it plays online.

They actually may only show campaign during the reveal and MP on the floor since 90% of gaming blogs only care about pretty graphics.

IGN: "H2A will be 1080p!! They said something about button glitches, no sprint, and 60 fps, but we only saw 1 first person shooter, not 60?"

• Upvote (+1) 2

They actually may only show campaign during the reveal and MP on the floor since 90% of gaming blogs only care about pretty graphics.

IGN: "H2A will be 1080p!! They said something about button glitches, no sprint, and other useless shit as well. I heard something about 60 fps, but we only saw 1 first person shooter?"

Don't jinx it :( , they ain't recording/interviewing neighbour for nothing.

BELI343.....

• Upvote (+1) 5

Isn't that what the ranking system is there for? Obviously the first few days will be chaotic with veterans and good players matching against newbies but it will soon sort itself out.

I do agree with you, but do you really think they'd drastically change the gameplay? I expect they'd be scared to in case of backlash. Besides, it's most likely CA/SI who are doing the remake so I doubt they have the people to make executive desicions about major gameplay changes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to laugh my ass off so hard if its just an add on to Halo 4 with Halo 2 maps, and then........ I'll kill myself  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Isn't that what the ranking system is there for? Obviously the first few days will be chaotic with veterans and good players matching against newbies but it will soon sort itself out.

I do agree with you, but do you really think they'd drastically change the gameplay? I expect they'd be scared to in case of backlash. Besides, it's most likely CA/SI who are doing the remake so I doubt they have the people to make executive desicions about major gameplay changes. 

The issue there is those newbies will quit before it "sorts itself out"

There is no way we're getting an H2 "port", it just can't happen. Whatever they give us will likey, and needs to be, mostly a new game. H2 was far from perfect, and if H2 launched now as it did back in 2004, we'd all burn it the same way we did Reach and H4.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

The issue there is those newbies will quit before it "sorts itself out"

There is no way we're getting an H2 "port", it just can't happen. Whatever they give us will likey, and needs to be, mostly a new game. H2 was far from perfect, and if H2 launched now as it did back in 2004, we'd all burn it the same way we did Reach and H4.

What. You honestly think H2 would be held in the same light that Reach and Halo 4 were held in? Those games aren't Halo. They are trash games with a Halo logo on top. They both scream identity crisis and destroyed the core of what made Halo, Halo.

Yes, H2 was not perfect, but it was a very solid game. It had a good ranking system, the map pool was solid (DLC included), it was FUN for many different types of players and the utility rifle was not a piece of shit. The Halo community is in a situation where H2 will save us. We don't need the "perfect" game to get out of this hole, we just need a solid game that can sustain itself, have a steady population and have semi-regular tournaments.

H2 pretty much made XBL back in '04, if they start messing with the core mechanics and trying to innovate for the sake of change, there will be massive community backlash. 

• Upvote (+1) 6