CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't know what we're going to talk about in here once the patch works...

:(

the 700 other bugs, glitches and annoyances with the game? haha

- H3 audio

- Can't set party to closed

- Can't set max number of people in a party

- Can't promote someone else to party leader without leaving

- Can't search file share of people unless they have added you as a friend

- Can't see who is talking in game, as there is no indicator

All of those are probably a good start without looking to far into things :D

Hopefully they will get it right eventually!

• Upvote (+1) 2

i can set party to "invite only" wtf u talkin about?

Is invite only the same thing as closed?

If you dont want members of your party inviting people, you can close the party so no one else can join.

If there is no close party option, you can restrict it to a certain amount of players, most people do 8, so no randoms can join.

This game currently has neither option.

Haven't seen anyone say anything about being forced to stop moving when looking at the score, that should be addressed too.

Does anyone know how the weapon spawns work in HCS game types, or could link to me an explanation?  I haven't came across it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But I can't categorize bugs anymore.  It doesn't make sense to categorize bugs anymore, the radar bug should have the same importance as the session stability in Azure bug. 

You're free to do whatever or say whatever the hell you want. Don't put words in my mouth, I was simply trying to prevent you from sounding like an asshat by telling everyone particular broken aspects of the game don't matter.

So they gonna fix the fact that I can't get my preorder skull with the digital version?  Now every time I turn on my xbox I get the download stopped message.  Says I need to insert the disk to download the skull.... this is the freaking digital version... because 343

Anyway I'm glad they're "fixing" matchmaking but we'll see.  Annoying to constantly get the download stopped message but if I can actually get games and play I'll be happy.

Why does he have to hint it?? It's not like making parties balanced is a secret or a new surprise feature lol

I'd bet that they THINK it'll be fixed but in actuality they're unsure and they don't want to break promises.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm only getting on until the patch is officially live. I don't want to risk breaking anything by having the game loaded up already as it goes live.

Does anyone know how big this patch is????

More or less than 15gb?

If a patch takes 15gb, we are in serious trouble.  Should be pretty damn small.  It's just the executables they should be patching which are pretty small.   Not the content and config files which are bigger and more in quantity.

I don't think the freezing the player to check score thing is coming out. Wasn't it in H4? It's staying in H2A as much as I want it gone

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know what we're going to talk about in here once the patch works...

:(

We'll talk about how silly we were for thinking the patch would work.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I really really hope theater gets fixed. Not even being able to save films sucks enormously, as does not being able to share films between players. 

Back in the day, to create the STR8 tage Zola had to (assuming he started with no capturing equipment):

1. Buy a capture card.

2. Download clips from Elamite, T2, Legit and Snipedown's Fileshares.

3. Capture clips.

4. Go back and capture angles as needed.

If he wanted to do the same thing now and have the same or better quality:

1. Elamite, T2, Legit and Snipedown all buy capture cards

2. They all back out of matchmaking to capture their clips while the games are still in their "Recent Games" queue.

3. They all send the raw captured files to Zola (a collection of files likely in the gigabytes size range).

4. To capture angles Zola would actually have to get together a bunch of people, go into a custom, and stage the clip so that he can then take that game into theater and capture the angles. Any of you who have made a machinima will know how hard it is to get even 3-4 people together and stage something happening, let alone the 7 other people you would need to stage an entire clip if needed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But I can't categorize bugs anymore.  It doesn't make sense to categorize bugs anymore, the radar bug should have the same importance as the session stability in Azure bug. 

Horror is right.  Developers should categorize bugs by importance and how easy it is to fix.  If you look at agile principles, you weigh development tasks with complexity and importance to the overall useability.  Software Maintenance is just repeating the development phase over again but with completed software.  The bugs just become new software tasks and you still weight them and tackle the ones that are most important for overall useability along with ease of complexity.  Its a balance between fixing ones that need to be fixed for useability and also nabbing some low hanging fruit in conjunction with fixing more complex bugs. 

Montages are the absolute least of our worries right now.

I agree, but I would still love to see theater fixed down the road. The little glitches like that are the ones that will either prevent the game from having true longevity or give it real longevity. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Found another game breaking bug: The h1 killtac medal is called an overkill in the post game carnage report.

I refuse to play and will demand a refund if this is not fixed
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is any other CE players VERY nervous that they're "improving" head shot hitboxes? Hitboxes seem fine to me, I can three shot a standing target no problem. Latency and inconsistent lead is the issue.

If they make the shooting in CE easy I'm gonna flip my shit and the worst part is that everyone who is used to newer Halos is gonna be all "the pistol is better now but it kills too fast"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is any other CE players VERY nervous that they're "improving" head shot hitboxes? Hitboxes seem fine to me, I can three shot a standing target no problem. Latency and inconsistent lead is the issue.

If they make the shooting in CE easy I'm gonna flip my shit and the worst part is that everyone who is used to newer Halos is gonna be all "the pistol is better now but it kills too fast"

Yeah, that made me a little concerned. I have no experience with the game hosting so I can never tell if my shots aren't registering or if the hitbox is bad.