CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Dude I've played only 2 games of CE in matchmaking (unfortunately), and I had to lead my shots WAY more than you were in those clips. It's literally unplayable for me, or at least those two matches were. No clue why. Don't think my latency has ever been over 90 at the most, and I have 60 down/60 up connection :(

Lag/Lead problems should be fixed or improved in the patch today.

I was probably host on these games, since the ded servers were offline.

I really do hope that they don't completely remove split screen from ranked matches, since that's something I'm going to want to do.

They can remove Guests from ranked playlists and still allow this; you can share Xbox Live Gold with everyone logged in to the machine, so your buddy just needs his own Silver account at minimum.

I sent you a FR, but on my Xbox.com profile it says its waiting for a confirm from your Xbox 360?

The UI for the Xbone is horrendous, and I rarely know what's going in with my FL.

That's weird, my tag is new and has never been used on a 360. I think I accepted your fr, I can't really tell because the X1 ui is horrendous.

Seriously though, it's just the fault of 343 trying to make every carnage report into a unified UI. I would have far preferred if they kept the original post game stats from each game, or at least customised each one so the medals and things that got tweaked between each game didn't confuse the fuck out of newcomers.

It's also because somebody over at Bungie thought that "overkill" was better than "killtacular" for 4 kills in H3 and Reach and 343 continued with it in H4.

Why? I have no clue. Killtacular is obviously way cooler than overkill and 4 kills in a row is about the highest you can reasonably expect to get in a 4v4 game.

In Halo 2 going from Killing Spree --> Running Riot --> Rampage is way cooler than Killing Spree --> Killing Frenzy --> Running Riot. Why did they have to change this stuff? Maybe I'm just a Halo 2 kid, but damn I hated that they changed those medals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know this makes you sound really arrogant and self centered right? Just because a known audio issue hasn't occurred to you doesn't mean it isn't plaguing others or that it doesn't matter, of course it matters, especially for those wearing headsets. Also, I would refrain from trying to categorize bugs or problems within your own personal view of importance. Yeah the servers are the most dire issue at hand, but that doesn't mean everything else still doesn't detract from the experience as well.

You just literally told me not to categorize the bugs and then you categorized the bugs yourself... wtf?  I said matchmaking issues take importance at the moment.  You told me not to categorize it to my own opinion.  And then you said Servers are the most dire issue at hand.. which is categorizing the bugs.

Holy shit batman.  Yes guys, the radar bug and emblem bug are more important than the Server bugs. Yes. Sure.

Btw, every software developer categorizes bugs.  Having a memory crash in your software does take importance over a misspelled word.

Everyone having the same emblem in H2 makes it difficult to tell who is where. I care about the radar working half the time, and then dying because the person that killed me didn't show up om my radar. For me, these bugs and glitches make the game not fun even if i can find a game. Halo 3 sound being backwards literally makes it unplayable for me. I just wanted a game that worked and didn't appear to be in pre-beta form. Especially a game that I paid $60 for. In which case, my complaints and being upset are completely justified.

Also, just because you personally haven't had your game crash or the sound and be backwards, or any other bug that someone else has mentioned, that doesn't mean it ceases to exsist for others.

And I hope they get fixed.  I personally find the biggest bugs need to take importance at the moment.  Finding games, matching players into games and stabilizing customs and parties is what does take precedence at the moment.

Actually this is a pretty game breaking bug when playing no radar, you always have to assume whenever you hear a shot being fired it's on the opposite side of where it comes from (and even then it's not 100% accurate). Thankfully Hardcore was removed for now, but this makes it really bad to play without callouts or a 75m radar.

H3's not even worth playing with it in right now... not that it's superior to H2, I mean I love H3 to death, but after finally experiencing H2 online, I can't deny where the skill gap is at between the two.

No one would ever deny H2 has a bigger skill gap than H3.  Anywho, I haven't come across the sound bug that is being discussed.  I don't always play with my a40s on though, I sometimes enjoy playing with no audio so I may have missed it.  

Because we rather not have 30 1 post threads filling GD again

That's madness! Isn't having different topics the whole purpose of a forum? Its pretty awful to have to search through this massive GD thread to find anything i'm interested in (H1 discussion/ clips)

So the patch is coming out today is that confirmed?  Might actually get to play all day tomorrow.

Targeting a mid-late afternoon release pacific standard time.

Yes it's confirmed

Any estimate on the time? Or is the ambiguous 'afternoon' deliberate..

A big concern that I have is somehow letting people know that MCC is (hopefully) partially fixed after today's patch. Not everyone will check 343i's twitter, waypoint, or here for this kind of news and likely won't know anything about it. Does the game still pop up saying it requires an update if someone has a physical copy and doesn't have their disk in? Hopefully it does and word-of-mouth about it gets around to those not in the news. 

You just literally told me not to categorize the bugs and then you categorized the bugs yourself... wtf?  I said matchmaking issues take importance at the moment. You told me not to categorize it to my own opinion.  And then you said Servers are the most dire issue at hand.. which is categorizing the bugs.

Holy shit batman.  Yes guys, the radar bug and emblem bug are more important than the Server bugs. Yes. Sure.

Btw, every software developer categorizes bugs.  Having a memory crash in your software does take importance over a misspelled word.

Horror,

I agree with you when you say finding balanced matches in matchmaking is the most important issue that needs to be addressed.

I disagree when you say thing like "I don't fucken care if my emblems show improperly or if radar doesn't work, big woopty fucken do" and also "I was referencing bugs that actually matter".

Its unnecessary to become hostile and use aggressive language. Bottom line: It's all important, it all matters.

Still can't figure out to embed tweets but looks like uneven teams will be address with this patch afterall, bravo just responded to someone about that on twitter. This is awesome news, really looking to this patch even more, were on the fast track to truly being back :)

Horror,

I agree with you when you say finding balanced matches in matchmaking is the most important issue that needs to be addressed.

I disagree when you say thing like "I don't fucken care if my emblems show improperly or if radar doesn't work, big woopty fucken do" and also "I was referencing bugs that actually matter".

Its unnecessary to become hostile and use aggressive language. Bottom line: It's all important, it all matters.

But I can't categorize bugs anymore.  It doesn't make sense to categorize bugs anymore, the radar bug should have the same importance as the session stability in Azure bug. 

I don't know what we're going to talk about in here once the patch works...

:(

Then it's time to raise hell about the settings I can't wait

Any estimate on the time? Or is the ambiguous 'afternoon' deliberate..

You know the answer man Lol. "mid to late afternoon" is what they said Lol.