CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yeah now that the majority of the game breaking bugs are being fixed (allegedly), I would love to see some of the smaller ones fixed.

One is definitely the Halo 3 sound glitch. It's so frustrating.

Right we'd much rather have 30 Topics in 1 thread.

Yes, it's worked out a lot better this way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Found another game breaking bug: The h1 killtac medal is called an overkill in the post game carnage report.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Now the lasting issue will be population, will it be sufficient to run all these playlists with ranks, given the struggles of the first week of MCC? Are people going to be playing the game in high enough numbers? We shall see.

So you're telling me that the H3 sound being backwards, my game freezing mid game, crashing randomly for no reason, emblems not showing up correctly in game on H3 and H2C, spawns being wack, radar only working part of the time, grenades not showing up until they hit your feet, among many others, those are all server issues? I've literally only played maybe 10 games since it came out last Tuesday, and those are just a few of the bugs that I've noticed. They're not all "server related". This game was pathetically shoved out to consumers all the while the company fully realized how broken and buggy it is. Why did we have to download a 15 GB patch to the game before it was even released.

There's a difference between you being patient and the rest of us being upset with a game that doesn't work how it should because the company didn't take the proper time to work it all out before shipment. They wanted our money before the holidays, and so they rushed it. Simple as that.

You've listed bugs that really are at the back of the list to the bugs that are the most important at the moment.  I don't really fucken care if my emblem shows improperly or if radar doesn't work, big woopty fucken doo.  I've never had H3 sound being backwards or game freezing mid game when playing multiplayer.  And I was referencing bugs that actually matter, you know bugs that have kept people from finding games and bugs that happen during match-made games.

There is a reason why Bravo/Frankie/343 stated to restart your search after 5 minutes of searching with no match.  This is a reference to session issues occurring in Azure, which either drops you (which shouldn't be happening) after a certain period or you just lose connection with the servers and MCC UI doesn't correctly update that.

I don't care about emblems, I care about games being found and the skill ranking system working like it should be.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Right we'd much rather have 30 Topics in 1 thread.

If people want to talk about your thing, then they'll talk about it. The point is that we'll have too many threads where people won't be talking about the thing that the thread wants to talk about (because of a lack of said "talking"), and suddenly the forum is cluttered.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been playing almost exclusively H1. Feel free to add me. We've been getting fun games going nightly - 2s, 3s, and 4s. 

Also "Xbox, Record That" is the new smack talk. 

@@Alexander, your plays have so much more action than mine, hahaha

Just added you!

Found another game breaking bug: The h1 killtac medal is called an overkill in the post game carnage report.

O2msbpy.jpg

Seriously though, it's just the fault of 343 trying to make every carnage report into a unified UI. I would have far preferred if they kept the original post game stats from each game, or at least customised each one so the medals and things that got tweaked between each game didn't confuse the fuck out of newcomers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You've listed bugs that really are at the back of the list to the bugs that are the most important at the moment. I don't really fucken care if my emblem shows improperly or if radar doesn't work, big woopty fucken doo. I've never had H3 sound being backwards or game freezing mid game when playing multiplayer. And I was referencing bugs that actually matter, you know bugs that have kept people from finding games and bugs that happen during match-made games.

There is a reason why Bravo/Frankie/343 stated to restart your search after 5 minutes of searching with no match. This is a reference to session issues occurring in Azure, which either drops you (which shouldn't be happening) after a certain period or you just lose connection with the servers and MCC UI doesn't correctly update that.

I don't care about emblems, I care about games being found and the skill ranking system working like it should be.

Everyone having the same emblem in H2 makes it difficult to tell who is where. I care about the radar working half the time, and then dying because the person that killed me didn't show up om my radar. For me, these bugs and glitches make the game not fun even if i can find a game. Halo 3 sound being backwards literally makes it unplayable for me. I just wanted a game that worked and didn't appear to be in pre-beta form. Especially a game that I paid $60 for. In which case, my complaints and being upset are completely justified.

Also, just because you personally haven't had your game crash or the sound and be backwards, or any other bug that someone else has mentioned, that doesn't mean it ceases to exsist for others.

• Upvote (+1) 1

D I R T Y

Try dis:

Derelict punishment

Dammy control

Dude I've played only 2 games of CE in matchmaking (unfortunately), and I had to lead my shots WAY more than you were in those clips. It's literally unplayable for me, or at least those two matches were. No clue why. Don't think my latency has ever been over 90 at the most, and I have 60 down/60 up connection :(

Why do we have to go sideways to back out of matchmaking or quit a game? I miss it being vertical, like every other game I've ever played...

A small complaint, I won't really care if they don't ever change it, but why? Quit trying to be innovative. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do we have to go sideways to back out of matchmaking or quit a game? I miss it being vertical, like every other game I've ever played...

A small complaint, I won't really care if they don't ever change it, but why? Quit trying to be innovative. 

If that's the only thing we're complaining about after the patch, I'll be very happy. :D

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you change something slightly, it becomes your own original creation.

I feel like 343 have that on a gilded plaque in their office.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You've listed bugs that really are at the back of the list to the bugs that are the most important at the moment.  I don't really fucken care if my emblem shows improperly or if radar doesn't work, big woopty fucken doo.  I've never had H3 sound being backwards or game freezing mid game when playing multiplayer.  And I was referencing bugs that actually matter, you know bugs that have kept people from finding games and bugs that happen during match-made games

You know this makes you sound really arrogant and self centered right? Just because a known audio issue hasn't occurred to you doesn't mean it isn't plaguing others or that it doesn't matter, of course it matters, especially for those wearing headsets. Also, I would refrain from trying to categorize bugs or problems within your own personal view of importance. Yeah the servers are the most dire issue at hand, but that doesn't mean everything else still doesn't detract from the experience as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know what time the patch comes out today? 

Also I can't say enough about how much fun this game is. Yeah the connectivity stuff is annoying as hell but when it works this is the most fun I've had playing Halo in years.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really do hope that they don't completely remove split screen from ranked matches, since that's something I'm going to want to do.

You coming over to my place?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Patch notes look pretty good actually, maybe I can play my favorite FPS withy friends at some point this weekend without it being a gigantic waste of time.

Dude I've played only 2 games of CE in matchmaking (unfortunately), and I had to lead my shots WAY more than you were in those clips. It's literally unplayable for me, or at least those two matches were. No clue why. Don't think my latency has ever been over 90 at the most, and I have 60 down/60 up connection :(

I'm on the West Coast, and most of the people on my FL playing Halo CE are midwest or east coast. It's brutal, but still more fun than I've had playing games in a long time.

I've never had H3 sound being backwards or game freezing mid game when playing multiplayer.  

Actually this is a pretty game breaking bug when playing no radar, you always have to assume whenever you hear a shot being fired it's on the opposite side of where it comes from (and even then it's not 100% accurate). Thankfully Hardcore was removed for now, but this makes it really bad to play without callouts or a 75m radar.

H3's not even worth playing with it in right now... not that it's superior to H2, I mean I love H3 to death, but after finally experiencing H2 online, I can't deny where the skill gap is at between the two.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm on the West Coast, and most of the people on my FL playing Halo CE are midwest or east coast. It's brutal, but still more fun than I've had playing games in a long time.

Let's run some 2v2 this weekend

Let's run some 2v2 this weekend

I sent you a FR, but on my Xbox.com profile it says its waiting for a confirm from your Xbox 360?

The UI for the Xbone is horrendous, and I rarely know what's going in with my FL.

• Upvote (+1) 1