CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

That's one hell of a patch, hopefully it will get the publicity it needs to bring a few players back although we will never get the amount of players possible if the game was working on release.

Did anyone see anything on the patch about having "even teams"? I saw things that could indirectly hint at it I guess, but I'm not 100% sure :(

It's getting fixed before the weekend? 343i actually doing something right??? What is going on??????

Hang fire chief it isn't out yet ;)

@@Moa @@Sam we need to find one more person, as when this update goes live we shall become the EU God Team

I'd be down to play some time. I have Moa and Sam added already.

@@Moa @@Sam we need to find one more person, as when this update goes live we shall become the EU God Team

:ghost:

As long as you talk dirty to me in your accent.

add Batchford on Xbox, and we can play some H4!!

No but seriously add me

Don't you think that you should at least see RESULTS first before getting your tickets for the Hype Train, seeing as how it's derailed for the past 25 rides at minimum? Looking at these comments just tells me a lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment again. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Don't you think that you should at least see RESULTS first before getting your tickets for the Hype Train, seeing as how it's derailed for the past 25 rides at minimum? Looking at these comments just tells me a lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment again. 

I have faith today is the day yo

Huh? that's how sanctuary works in halo 2. Did you play halo 2? it's on the disc...go test it. It plays better this way. Forget the version you played in Reach, it was inaccurate. 

I didn't play Halo 2 in it's prime. And I really don't care if it was the same way back then. It doesn't make sense to me. On something like Midship TS I could understand the spawns flipping, but in a map like sanc where there is blatantly a red base and a blue base, it's just stupid. It slows down gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Me hoping...

I start my first vacation in many years tomorrow. I purposely didn't buy an Xbox one and MCC on launch. I figured it wait a week to see how it went. Now a week later and I'm back on the "wait and see" bus. From what I saw in the past week it looked pretty bad. But this content patch could save them if it works. I'll be watching the forums to see if I should go to the store tomorrow or not.

This was fucking great. I think you can go ahead and buy it. If someone buys an XB1 in order to play MCC, they shouldn't sell them back for any reason. The game will get better, and we will get to play the game we want. It'll just take some time, unfortunately. Things will be much better with this patch. Don't bother getting on until after the patch though, otherwise you'll just be pissed. I'm happy that it's coming out this afternoon, at the end of my stressful last week of classes before a week off and no work :D

Maaaaaaaad Halo will be played.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't play Halo 2 in it's prime. And I really don't care if it was the same way back then. It doesn't make sense to me. On something like Midship TS I could understand the spawns flipping, but in a map like sanc where there is blatantly a red base and a blue base, it's just stupid. It slows down gameplay.

Wait... what? It actually does the opposite and speeds it way up. Sanc TS plays way better with dynamic spawns, unless you want to see more games end with teams scores in the 30's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait... what? It actually does the opposite and speeds it way up. Sanc TS plays way better with dynamic spawns, unless you want to see more games end with teams scores in the 30's.

Running back and fourth across the map can take a while. And if a team controls the map and forces the losing team to only get 32 kills then that seems like there was some good communication, teamwork, and set ups. 

From what I've seen so far, H2A is very standoff-ish. Oddly enough, In my personal experience, KOTH is the only objective gametype that isn't a nail biter most of the game. I've played multiple 25+ minute CTF games on Shrine that end up being 1-0 or 2-1. Maybe some of it is because it was 4v4 and nobody had teamed with anyone else in the game before, but it was very hard to get 2, 3, or 4 down and get a good push to pull the flag. Even if you're dominating and spawn killing. 

I really do hope that they don't completely remove split screen from ranked matches, since that's something I'm going to want to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really do hope that they don't completely remove split screen from ranked matches, since that's something I'm going to want to do.

If you can sign in a 2nd gold account instead of a guest then it should work.

Running back and fourth across the map can take a while. And if a team controls the map and forces the losing team to only get 32 kills then that seems like there was some good communication, teamwork, and set ups. 

From what I've seen so far, H2A is very standoff-ish. Oddly enough, In my personal experience, KOTH is the only objective gametype that isn't a nail biter most of the game. I've played multiple 25+ minute CTF games on Shrine that end up being 1-0 or 2-1. Maybe some of it is because it was 4v4 and nobody had teamed with anyone else in the game before, but it was very hard to get 2, 3, or 4 down and get a good push to pull the flag. Even if you're dominating and spawn killing. 

What I meant by games ending with scores in the 30s is like 38-38 or something like that. With static spawns, a team should always control a base and it results in more standoffs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fuck, I just remembered 343's definition of "afternoon" is like 8:00 their time if you go by their Bulletins. I really hope that isn't the case with the patch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Moa

Do you have a link to where bravo stated the info you posted? Pls :)

Which bit of info?

Can someone please explain how that is possibly a good idea? They already alienate split screen users enough.

inb4 they remove it from h1 2v2

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was getting constant games yesterday in H2A for 3 straight hours, I didn't try any other playlist though.  Hopefully the patch resolves majority of the issues and everyone can play now and finally rank up.  

But holy shit is it awesome getting into a lobby and people are talking.  CoD really hasn't had that except for League in BOps2 and Destiny's team chat implementation is very poor (you have to switch channels to get to talk to your team).

Fuck, I just remembered 343's definition of "afternoon" is like 8:00 their time if you go by their Bulletins. I really hope that isn't the case with the patch.

Yup I'm expecting it at like 11. Gonna take a nap so I can wake up and play all night

@@Vertigo

Thanks!

@@Moa

Nevermind. What Vertigo posted. I wasn't aware of the update, thought it was on twitter. Thanks for responding though.

• Upvote (+1) 1