CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How many businesses have you ran? How many video games have you made?

None of us know how a video game corporation operates, so don't put down others. These forums are for discussion about the game. Not for you to show off your degree (albeit with no actual real world experience).

I don't have to run a business to understand that the point is to make a profit. Giving away Halo 5 or DLC for life is literally something that would never be on the table at a discussion that 343/Microsoft has. Jesus christ I am sorry to everyone I brought up college that was clearly a mistake but this is business 101. We aren't discussing how they go about coding the game of Halo. If me telling other that getting Halo 5 or DLC for life for free is considered "putting someone down" then I'm lost for words.

I am sorry for saying I am in college and that I've learned about business. TBH you could learn enough about businesses from the internet. Clearly my mistake was mentioning college.

Same, they didn't say anything about team splits an uneven teams.

• Improved roster / matchmaking lobby stability
  • Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report

First one could fix uneven teams. The second one pretty much fixes the team splits.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good start, this is like 40% of what needs to be handled overall and really like 90% of what the casual fan base wants fixed.

There reeds to be some sort of master list composed similar to what the CE thread has going on.

They should add:

-ability to change teams during halo 2 classic (idk if you can do it in the other games on MCC)

-ability to bring party when you join someone else's party

as long as i can find matches all day with no problem.. im good.. just wanna game halo for atleast one whole day in matchmaking, with or without a party

on that note.. i would actually like to see some kind of FFA playlist for any game ( except halo 4) Hopefully middy ffa playlist? one can hope lol

:halo:  :weback:  :beyond:  :chiefdancing:

Played a lot of solid scrims on H2A today. Once you get everyone situated in the game, It's a very solid game 4v4. 

Quite excited for this patch tomorrow now. I really do enjoy H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No mention of uneven teams or addressing party splitting.  At least it's a start.

To my understanding, that doesn't need a title update. This actually used to happen in Halo 3 for a short time and Shishka eventually came out, asked for details and circumstances when it was happening for people and it eventually got fixed on the matchmaking side.

There was a glitch or something that the host of the game could boot people from the game.

Yup, when the game failed to use dedicated servers the host of the game was able to kick people and end the game, just like a custom. 

Isn't the dedicated server host?

When there is an issue with dedicated servers, the game falls back to P2P. When that happened, someone was given host just like Halo 2, 3 and 4. When that happened, the host could kick people.

Doesn't matter, every account on your Xbox becomes Gold, so you could just play Splitscreen with a Smurf account instead of a Guest.

I don't want any split-screen players in my ranked games. The fact that their FPS drops hugely is already a massive disadvantage. When two (or more) players are on the same console, they all have the same sounds coming out of their TV and 90% of the time aren't wearing a headset. I'd prefer actual team mates rather than slumber parties. 

• Improved roster / matchmaking lobby stability
  • Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report

First one could fix uneven teams. The second one pretty much fixes the team splits.

I think you're just bending the words in the hopes it fixes the issues - what you're asking to be fixed isn't contained in this update and especially not the two bullet points you've listed. 

The second bullet point is specifically talking about when exiting the post-game lobby, no one in the lobby will be kicked (which kept happening and is still happening right now). 

I hope they dont forget about the dedicated halo ce list, basiczlly the reason i bought this game and im sure maby more

CE 2v2 will be coming pretty soon after this update if they're happy with the netcode updates that they're doing.

----

Good shit on the patch @@Bravo and whoever else was involved with it. We're all still annoyed that the game launched as it did but now that it is finally getting fixed so its in a fairly playable state, we're thankful. Hopefully the other stuff that was missed out (like promoting someone else to party leader) will be added fairly soon as well.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Need an ETA so I can check if I'm home at the correct time

"We are on track for a release of mid-late afternoon Pacific Time for this content update, and will immediately let you know when it is available."

Played a lot of solid scrims on H2A today. Once you get everyone situated in the game, It's a very solid game 4v4. 

Quite excited for this patch tomorrow now. I really do enjoy H2A.

With I Could get a scrim over in aussie land :/

How big do we think the download will be?

Place ya bets!

-1.4GBths

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's getting fixed before the weekend? 343i actually doing something right??? What is going on??????

it gets fixed 11/20/2014 in the evening sometime

Haven't heard anyone else mention this besides me and my buddy. Halo2 multiplayer audio sounds like it's echoing from inside a tin can.

Also there is this graphical error where there is a huge line on the screen with god knows what is in the background, kind of distracting. Can't remember if it's in death screen or always there.

it gets fixed 11/20/2014 in the evening sometime

I live in the UK so most likely early morning Friday for me. ALL NIGHTER IT IS FRIENDS

Haven't heard anyone else mention this besides me and my buddy. Halo2 multiplayer audio sounds like it's echoing from inside a tin can.

Also there is this graphical error where there is a huge line on the screen with god knows what is in the background, kind of distracting. Can't remember if it's in death screen or always there.

It shows up at the start of the game on the black screen before the game shows and sometimes on the death screen.