CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This still needs to happen.

-5v5 still needs to be removed and Max Players needs to be reduced to 8.

-BTB needs to become 8v8 again with Minimum Player Count 12.

-Fix party splits

-Fix unbalanced teams 3v4, 2v3, etc.

-Prevent Guest in Ranked matches.

-Add more ranked playlist.

-Should be able to JIP Custom Games that have already started.

-Random ranks resetting fixed.

-Emblems in Halo 3 in game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Doesn't matter, every account on your Xbox becomes Gold, so you could just play Splitscreen with a Smurf account instead of a Guest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:weback:

Ehh, lets leave to tomorrow.

Also,....if it does work, we are on our way there. There are still other things to be taken care off, but this is a  massive first step.

I don't see anything on the audio/sound cues in that content update. I hear shit all over the place with my headphones.

Well I will be in class all day tomorrow, so hopefully when I get home I can jump on and actually get a match.  Haven't even touched my xbone since like day 3 of MCC release

• Upvote (+1) 1

Decent patch list disappointing that uneven teams wasn't fixed that's still a big issue because the few games I actually played they were all 5vs4 or 4vs3

Decent patch list disappointing that uneven teams wasn't fixed that's still a big issue because the few games I actually played they were all 5vs4 or 4vs3

I am pretty sure where the patch notes say "Made an update to the “team creation” phase that allows players to be grouped by team," that the patch will also address teams being split in MM. I don't understand why the patch notes didn't explicitly state this is the case, but this is what I hope this part of the notes means.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am pretty sure where the patch notes say "Made an update to the “team creation” phase that allows players to be grouped by team," that the patch will also address teams being split in MM. I don't understand why the patch notes didn't explicitly state this is the case, but this is what I hope this part of the notes means.

How do we know that's the cause though because the matchmaking system could just be taking uneven numbers of players when it can't find the maxium amount.

This still needs to happen.

-5v5 still needs to be removed and Max Players needs to be reduced to 8.

-BTB needs to become 8v8 again with Minimum Player Count 12.

-Fix party splits

-Fix unbalanced teams 3v4, 2v3, etc.

-Add more ranked playlist.

-Should be able to JIP Custom Games that have already started.

-Random ranks resetting fixed.

-Emblems in Halo 3 in game.

Also, we need a way to pass party lead.

Me hoping...

I start my first vacation in many years tomorrow. I purposely didn't buy an Xbox one and MCC on launch. I figured it wait a week to see how it went. Now a week later and I'm back on the "wait and see" bus. From what I saw in the past week it looked pretty bad. But this content patch could save them if it works. I'll be watching the forums to see if I should go to the store tomorrow or not.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People are just taking out anger wherever they can at this point. His response in no way involved the point I was attempting to get across and on top of that he used the word "Foh" which means what exactly? I am sorry you didn't get into a college because of your economic background. I have paid every bit of my education with loans which means I am in debt about $80,000 none of which will be paid for by anyone but myself for the most part.

a] I'm fairly sure foh was supposed to be fooh, which is slang. Slang is legitimate communication. Extrapolating anything about intelligence levels from slang is just pompous.

b] I like how you snarkily say 'sorry you didn't get into college' in your post, despite the fact I specifically stated I did go to college in the post you quoted to respond to. Wut.

Shows how much you actually bother to read, and what a waste of time it is engaging you.

Moving on.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Something tells me this patch is not going to be near enough to fix this tyre fire of a release.

Multiple patches down the road, assuming this one even breaks through the 40% line.

Something tells me this patch is not going to be near enough to fix this tyre fire of a release.

I just want to play matchmaking without my game freezing after each game and without it taking 2 hours to find a match

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't the dedicated server host?

Honestly, I think hardly any games are using the servers right now, as a failsafe until they fix that functionality. I have played a lot of games since their initial small patches, and hardly ever seen 'connecting to dedicated server' in the lobby.

At this point, it's safe to assume that unless the host is godly, you're playing some P2P XBL shit.

I think what he was saying is that studying in College is not a good substitute for real-world experience, which is absolutely correct. Studying is valuable and provides a knowledge base that is vital to advanced careers, but acting all smug about a college education, especially when you haven't even graduated yet, looks quite ridiculous.

On the patch, I'm really, really hoping that the CE netcode stuff works. Game is already a blast to play, and any improvement in hit detection will be godsend.

Well it's not 'absolutely' correct. Part of what I study as a doctoral student in management is what predicts success in work performance and school. They're all the same factors. General mental ability and conscientiousness being the biggest. So if you're successful in school, most likely you will be in the 'real world' too. So it's not really about what is and isn't a good substitute, anyone can get experience, but cognitive ability and personality is very stable over a lifetime.

I'm getting at the fact that you just used your "position" as a college senior as a part of your argument. Which is really really bad, by the way.

Particularly because you don't even have your piece of paper yet and there's, literally, a million things that could go wrong from then and now that could prevent you from receiving said piece of paper. And regardless of whether you were right or wrong, utilizing an argument of authority, particularly when that authority is rather baseless, is rarely a good thing. From an argumentative standpoint, all it really does is tell everyone around to witness it that you think your "superiority" is worth pointing out to justify what you are saying. And this isn't even to mention the ad hominem you coupled in with it.

I'm done with this track of thought.

a] I'm fairly sure foh was supposed to be fooh, which is slang. Slang is legitimate communication. Extrapolating anything about intelligence levels from slang is just pompous.

b] I like how you snarkily say 'sorry you didn't get into college' in your post, despite the fact I specifically stated I did go to college in the post you quoted to respond to. Wut.

Shows how much you actually bother to read, and what a waste of time it is engaging you.

Moving on.

You guys are reading into this way too much. I haven't acted "superior" at all I've just stated something known by most people and then someone said, "YA BUSINESSES ARE SUPPOSED TO SELL BROKEN PRODUCTS". If you know anything about business you'd know their goal is to make money. Obviously good products help but sometimes things like this happen...that doesn't mean said company goes and gives away a bunch of stuff for free. 

Also, I misread your post and thought it said "couldn't" instead of "could" attend uni. I don't understand why you are so mad about me mentioning college then. I completely forgot how annoying it is to argue over a forum considering people get this angry about me disagreeing with others. I haven't seen one argument against my statement that businesses like Microsoft/343 will never give away games/dlc because of how much money they lose out on which was my original point. Sorry for "attacking" a community member if you can even call it that.

Oh and I will graduate and with high marks I can tell you that...but who cares right? College clearly doesn't matter. 

Good day sirs. 

We can get back to bashing 343 and demanding reimbursement for such a horrible game (and yes I 100% agree it's a horrible game right now).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Same, they didn't say anything about team splits an uneven teams.

I think what he meant was there's a difference between studying something and have first hand experience in it.

I'm aware of what he meant but it just doesn't hold a lot of water. Studying and making good grades in a field correlates very highly with career success in that field, so the whole you NEED to have actually done something in order to understand it is just sorta bull shit. We study political science to understand how it works, we don't need to be fucking politicians.