CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Please work. Please work. First thing I did was look for the CE registration fix and a tear almost fell. The game still has other issues but this will be a really good start to making it more like we remember it.

Please work

• Upvote (+1) 7

As long as this fixes uneven teams and getting into matchmaking I'll be happy.

Then if we could get that H2 Team Hardcore playlist back and I'll be golden.

• Upvote (+1) 2

well now its just finishing the one campaign i have left of the series.. halo 2.. never have been able to finish that campaign 

Pretty please make this work! 

I really hope this fixes matchmaking. If i can find a match like normal i wont mind other minor bugs.

I still think the game will need another decent sized patch thou

Anyone with half a brain knows we aren't getting shit for the failed launch. The fact they think and know they can get away with selling us an unfinished and broken game is proof enough they care about $$$ over the consumer.

However, you didn't say 'clearly you're not a business major'. You said:

'Foh? I have a feeling you never went to college.'

Which has a far different message. You called him out on his grammar/slang and linked that to his intelligence. If you're going to say shit like that, you should at least stand by it rather than try and pretend you meant something else. I'm not even that bothered, I just think it's weird to say something so harsh and judgemental and then do a 180 on it rather than actually apologise, or even just ignore the response altogether.

The only reason I took issue with it is that I'm personally very aware the reason I could go to uni is largely thanks to my family's socio-economic background, and not 100% to do with my actual intelligence, like it would be in a perfect dream society where your comment would be presumably nowhere near as obnoxious.

And if I got you completely wrong, then I'm sorry, but you should word your shit more carefully dude.

People are just taking out anger wherever they can at this point. His response in no way involved the point I was attempting to get across and on top of that he used the word "Foh" which means what exactly? I am sorry you didn't get into a college because of your economic background. I have paid every bit of my education with loans which means I am in debt about $80,000 none of which will be paid for by anyone but myself for the most part. Anyways, I really don't want to argue anymore about this considering all I'm trying to point out is that the business side of 343/Microsoft doesn't care that you bought their broken game. They will decide what needs to be done to get people to buy their products and fix what's already broken to please customers. All of those cash flows are still going to end up in their revenue for the quarter.

Hmm...

I don't know if you were going for the whole "act like a pompous prick" angle, but you nailed it nonetheless. 

I am not sure exactly what you're getting at. I'm no business guru but it is common knowledge that these compensations ideas are not feasible at all. Bringing up the ideas is flat out ridiculous. I've learned enough to know what 343/Microsoft is discussing right now and I can guarantee we won't receive anything worth more than $10 which is actually worth only a few dollars for them when it comes to their costs. A business is meant to make money and please stockholders. I'm pretty sure Xbox One sales and Halo MCC pleased the guys at the top and I also believe they are going to make sure that 343 works their asses off to fix any problems so that the customers smile once more and keep purchasing their games. Seems to have worked out thus far.

That is a lot of stuff man. I really hope it works and if they nail this update then I'll be happy as fuckkkkk!

A lot of stuff... Like the last part of the down load that wasn't ready at launch?

That last 2%....

If i can find a match like normal i wont mind other minor bugs.

never settle...we need every issue fixed...or 95% of em...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah I'm stoked. Only thing that made me sad was that they fixed the spawns on Shrine only for objective game modes, not slayer :(

Looks like we're going to have to keep our head on the swivel

• Upvote (+1) 2

Could someone ask the 343 guys if this is the big netcode updating that Halo CE needed? Or if more needs to be done before a CE playlist is viable.

I've tweeted very nasty things to 343 employees and I'm afraid they would be reluctant to answer me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No mention of uneven teams or addressing party splitting.  At least it's a start.

I think the "team creation" thing had to do with parties not splitting anymore

Haven't really posted since MCC came out but I just wanna say that if this update doesn't work like it's supposed to, MCC is even more fucked than it already is when it comes to introducing Halo to a new audience, and that's if anyone who wasn't already a Halo fan is still playing this game.

Also, in the matchmaking fixes listed, didn't see a fix for taking the max players back down to 8 in the 4v4 playlists, nor did I see a fix for games of uneven teams. Just skimmed over it though so I could have missed it.

I think the "team creation" thing had to do with parties not splitting anymore

I thought that was to do with the teams in game ending up being quite different from those in the lobby.  Often I found my party split in the lobby.

Haven't really posted since MCC came out but I just wanna say that if this update doesn't work like it's supposed to, MCC is even more fucked than it already is when it comes to introducing Halo to a new audience, and that's if anyone who wasn't already a Halo fan is still playing this game.

Also, in the matchmaking fixes listed, didn't see a fix for taking the max players back down to 8 in the 4v4 playlists, nor did I see a fix for games of uneven teams. Just skimmed over it though so I could have missed it.

If anything was missed, they addressed future patches after this one, hoping that fixes other highly important concerns, if not all of them at least.

Prevented the ability for players “kick” other players from matchmaking games

Isn't preventing one player from kicking another player out of game one of the key features of dedicated servers?

No mention of uneven teams or addressing party splitting.  At least it's a start.

Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report

Made an update to the “team creation” phase that allows players to be grouped by team

I am not sure exactly what you're getting at. 

I'm getting at the fact that you just used your "position" as a college senior as a part of your argument. Which is really really bad, by the way.

Particularly because you don't even have your piece of paper yet and there's, literally, a million things that could go wrong from then and now that could prevent you from receiving said piece of paper. And regardless of whether you were right or wrong, utilizing an argument of authority, particularly when that authority is rather baseless, is rarely a good thing. From an argumentative standpoint, all it really does is tell everyone around to witness it that you think your "superiority" is worth pointing out to justify what you are saying. And this isn't even to mention the ad hominem you coupled in with it.

I'm done with this track of thought.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are they ever going to add in game mic indicators? I never know who the fuck I'm talking to

One of those things I will never understand why it was removed/never caught during testing...

Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't think they'll change that, although I don't know of anyone, including casuals, who ever liked 5v5. Their intent is probably to get more action and maybe faster games, but just.. no.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Prevented the ability for players “kick” other players from matchmaking games

Isn't preventing one player from kicking another player out of game one of the key features of dedicated servers?

There was a glitch or something that the host of the game could boot people from the game.