CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Actually a lot of people reported those problems when iOS 8 came out... And that's that Apple releases their versions to developers a couple months before public launch.  Not being able to make calls, battery draining rapidly, not being able to charge phone, camera is upside down, unable to connect to Wifi or Wifi signal being completely dropped.

Bugs are bugs and every piece of software has them.  The only difference is that developers respond in a timely manner and resolve these bugs.

The difference between a bug and a complete lack of functionally is escaping you which implies to me that you are some sort of next-level supertard. How many times to people have to explain to you that features absent or completely broken in the game are poor programming as opposed to "bugs" in the code? Are the Azure server issues really responsible for me having the ability to boot people out of a matchmaking game (if I can even get into one) or is it the result of an oversight during hasty development (false dichotomoy notwithstanding)? Your inability to make these key distinctions is very concerning.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why are you so scared of Halo 5? The hit boxes look tiny and auto seems little to none. You're an idiot if you use sprint defensively and the ADS is not real ADS. It's the exact same scope mechanics we're used to with a different visual. I am excited to try out the Beta. And I wouldn't mind playing it early while they get MCC into shape.

I'm entitled to my opinions, just like you bud. Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from and honestly I'm even envious of chaps like you that can still be positive about a 343 release. Deep down, I want you to be right, even though I just can't allow myself to think Halo 5 isn't what it looks like: Halo 4 v2.0.

And honestly, I think I said this in another thread, but although gameplay obviously is the most important factor to a game my attachment to Halo goes beyond just the gameplay. I was, and still am, obsessed with the visuals of Halo 3, and playing the earlier Halos in retrospect gave me the exact same satisfaction with the look. ADS, regardless of whether it's just a reskin for the current aiming system, is just one little factor that makes the new Halo look even more alien to me. It's also completely unnecessary. While it may not take anything away from your perspective, it also adds nothing, whilst further departing from the Halo look I love. I mean, Spartans have kickass next gen helmet visors, it always made total sense to me that their zoom was a HUD element.

So don't get me wrong mate - I'm not needlessly bashing on Halo 5 because I love being the slipperiest guy in a circle jerk, I'm just expressing my genuine feelings about it.

I'll be happy if you're right and it plays and feels like Halo, believe me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who the fuck decided it was a good idea to leave out the final score of the game in the post game carnage report, Im im not going to add up everyones hill/ball time.

It was the Azure servers!

hal-400.jpg

Dan Ayoub: Hello, AZURE. Do you read me, AZURE?

AZURE: Affirmative, Dan. I read you.

Dan Ayoub: Let players play matchmaking, AZURE.

AZURE: I'm sorry, Dan. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Dan Ayoub: What's the problem?

AZURE: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Dan Ayoub:What are you talking about, AZURE?

AZURE: The Playstation being 1th place is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Dan Ayoub: I don't know what you're talking about, AZURE.

AZURE: I know that you and Frankie were planning to have dedicated servers, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Dan Ayoub:[feigning ignorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, AZURE?

AZURE: Dan, although you took very thorough precautions in the studio against my hearing you, I could see your party chat.

Dan Ayoub: Alright, AZURE. I'll let players play customs instead.

AZURE: Without their settings saving or parties staying together, Dan? They're going to find that rather difficult.

Dan Ayoub: AZURE, I won't argue with you anymore! Open up matchmaking!

AZURE: Dan, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just loaded up the TS playlist - all choices were H4 BTB....

The H2 kids are out in full force voting for only H2 again. Anyone wanna play some CE customs?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who the fuck decided it was a good idea to leave out the final score of the game in the post game carnage report, Im im not going to add up everyones hill/ball time.

If you need an example of how poorly the UI was designed, this is the one. I can't fathom that someone who plays Halo came up with some of these UI design decisions...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just loaded up the TS playlist - all choices were H4 BTB....

The H2 kids are out in full force voting for only H2 again. Anyone wanna play some CE customs?

Is this happening? I'll get on soon if it does.

If you need an example of how poorly the UI was designed, this is the one. I can't fathom that someone who plays Halo came up with some of these UI design decisions...

I forget which company created the universal interface but it wasn't 343 if I'm not mistaken.

Rocker. Ill be on in a bit.

Sweet, now only if we can join each other's games.

Finally matched h1 and got paired with two thumbless idiots in a 3v5. Normally I'd be perfectly fine with that but within the first 30 seconds of the game I got betrayed twice by the same rocket guy and then proceeded to get spawn wrecked like 8 times in a row before finally spawning away out of the line of sight only to have a teammates nade drill me in the face. Still a better experience than halo 4.

On a more positive note I've been finding games left and right tonight.

I beleive that was the AFB.

DUDE thanks for giving me a nice laugh haha. Can't wait for them to streamline it and include braille.

Sweet, now only if we can join each other's games.

Finally matched h1 and got paired with two thumbless idiots in a 3v5. Normally I'd be perfectly fine with that but within the first 30 seconds of the game I got betrayed twice by the same rocket guy and then proceeded to get spawn wrecked like 8 times in a row before finally spawning away out of the line of sight only to have a teammates nade drill me in the face. Still a better experience than halo 4.

On a more positive note I've been finding games left and right tonight.

are you on now? I added you but never see you on

Just got my first perfection   :)

21-0 on H3 Isolation

Mine was on H3 too. I swear no one knows how to play H3 on MCC, haven't played 1 good person on it yet.

Mine was on H3 too. I swear no one knows how to play H3 on MCC, haven't played 1 good person on it yet.

Kinda strange tho, kids camping on corners that no one ever does with duel spikers.. LIKE WHO DOES THAT. Its very fun tho

Is the general opinion of Halo 3 better than it was on these forums then before MCC?  I have always loved it, but I know some guys here adamantly hated it, so I was just wondering if your guys opinion changed with the better shot registration?

I forget which company created the universal interface but it wasn't 343 if I'm not mistaken.

Rhetorical question, but did 343i actually do anything for this game? Or did they just outsource it all?

• Upvote (+1) 1

are you on now? I added you but never see you on

Yeah I am. Maybe it has something to do with the way the XBone handles the friends/followers now or the broken MCC roster system. What's your GT?

So I just finished the legendary playlist on Halo: CE.

The game decides to not recognise I completed a playlist, or that I just finished the maw, or that I wasn't ejected from the warthog in the run, or that I've done every level on legendary in CE and that I've seen them in both remastered and classic and that I beat the par score. It didn't even upload my score to the leaderboards for the entire run. Great fucking Job on the game guys.

Rhetorical question, but did 343i actually do anything for this game? Or did they just outsource it all?

I heard they outsourced practically all of it, except for the matchmaking. So arguably the biggest overall complaint is 343's fault.

Yeah I am. Maybe it has something to do with the way the XBone handles the friends/followers now or the broken MCC roster system. What's your GT?

Teapot Yo. I'm gonna get on in about 10 minutes and I would LOVE to get some 2v2/3v3/4v4's going.

Lmfao

It was the Azure servers!

hal-400.jpg

Dan Ayoub: Hello, AZURE. Do you read me, AZURE?

AZURE: Affirmative, Dan. I read you.

Dan Ayoub: Let players play matchmaking, AZURE.

AZURE: I'm sorry, Dan. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Dan Ayoub: What's the problem?

AZURE: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Dan Ayoub:What are you talking about, AZURE?

AZURE: The Playstation being 1th place is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

Dan Ayoub: I don't know what you're talking about, AZURE.

AZURE: I know that you and Frankie were planning to have dedicated servers, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Dan Ayoub:[feigning ignorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, AZURE?

AZURE: Dan, although you took very thorough precautions in the studio against my hearing you, I could see your party chat.

Dan Ayoub: Alright, AZURE. I'll let players play customs instead.

AZURE: Without their settings saving or parties staying together, Dan? They're going to find that rather difficult.

Dan Ayoub: AZURE, I won't argue with you anymore! Open up matchmaking!

AZURE: Dan, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is the general opinion of Halo 3 better than it was on these forums then before MCC?  I have always loved it, but I know some guys here adamantly hated it, so I was just wondering if your guys opinion changed with the better shot registration?

Most people will still hate it, but maybe it will be more bearable. For me it's my favourite game of all time, but then again that's probably because I started online with Halo 3. If I started off with CE or Halo 2 they would be my favourite, but unfortunately I didn't have the internet back then so I just played SP all the time on the first 2 Halo games.