CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Is it explicit or implicit now?  You seem to be changing up the words without realizing they have two different meanings.

First release of iOS 8 had the most bugs of any release from Apple.  Every OS you install you always have to update lmao.  Windows XP/7/8 Mac OS X Yosemite, Ubuntu... Guess what you have you have to do when you first install? Update.

I just installed an update for Yosemite a couple of days ago.  I just installed iOS 8.1.1 today that fixed Wifi/battery/bluetooth issues.  Every 3 days or so I have to update my Ubuntu VPS' because packages always get updated.

You sure I am the one with tunnel vision here?

Ok but when you installed iOS 8 could you not use safari? Was your camera app having problems opening? Did you have trouble turning your phone on? Did you have to turn your phone on multiple times for it to even work?

The bugs in iOS 8 are NOTHING in comparrison to what has been going on in the MCC for 8 days.

I haven't tried playing in a week but I decided to hop on today and it seems everything is exactly as broken all around as it was at launch still.

Seems unlikely this one patch alone will actually fix the game with how bad this still is.  What a shame this all has been.  Good call on their side not to show the player population for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 2

MCC is software.  Just like any software, it will get patched.  What part of that don't you people understand?  If this was 6 months down the road and they didn't release an update and are not.. then yeah that's a problem.  But, 343 already announced a patch is incoming but yet people can't understand this?

Technically yes, you are correct. However, there is an implicit understanding between the consumer and the vendor that involves the transaction of a finished product. It may have some kinks and that is entirely understandable, but under practically no scenario is it acceptable for the vendor to pass off an unfinished product as 'complete', which is the situation with MCC. Of course people will complain, and they have every right to.

Pretty sure you have no standing in this matter in order to fulfill a lawsuit. You wouldn't win it and it may just get thrown out. Buying a game and it not working won't constitute as standing or material loss. I think that's it at least.

I wouldn't file a lawsuit, I'm just saying it's ridiculous that they have clauses that even forbid you from filing.

Ok but when you installed iOS 8 could you not use safari? Was your camera app having problems opening? Did you have trouble turning your phone on? Did you have to turn your phone on multiple times for it to even work?

The bugs in iOS 8 are NOTHING in comparrison to what has been going on in the MCC for 8 days.

Actually a lot of people reported those problems when iOS 8 came out... And that's that Apple releases their versions to developers a couple months before public launch.  Not being able to make calls, battery draining rapidly, not being able to charge phone, camera is upside down, unable to connect to Wifi or Wifi signal being completely dropped.

Bugs are bugs and every piece of software has them.  The only difference is that developers respond in a timely manner and resolve these bugs. 

I wouldn't file a lawsuit, I'm just saying it's ridiculous that they have clauses that even forbid you from filing.

Even if they didn't, I don't think you would be able to win anything along those lines. I think the only people with enough standing would be someone who invested highly into the company on the word of the company that this game will cause them to have a huge return. Even then you have to prove the company intentionally their stock projections and what not. At least that's what I gathered from the EA lawsuits. Just interesting stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn we got a lot of lawyers up in here!

Definitely not a lawyer, will in law school next year so have taken some classes In undergrad. And EA basically went through the same situation, and you can read how those go/went .

Technically yes, you are correct. However, there is an implicit understanding between the consumer and the vendor that involves the transaction of a finished product. It may have some kinks and that is entirely understandable, but under practically no scenario is it acceptable for the vendor to pass off an unfinished product as 'complete', which is the situation with MCC. Of course people will complain, and they have every right to.

This is a server connectivity issue to Microsoft's Azure servers.  MCC is finished as a "product," but unfortunately the bugs in MCC looks like they are in the server connectivity with the Azure infrastructure.  Which is why I am patient, because I understand that this is Microsoft's first big real launch on their Azure infrastructure for Xbox Live.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Not to be a dick but the ideas of "compensation" for Halo MCC are just flat out ridiculous. I don't think any of you realize how a business works. Things like free Halo DLC for life and free Halo 5 are just flat out ridiculous. Do you understand how much money that would cost them? I honestly don't think we will get anything besides MAYBE a free map or 2 that get added to H2A. Besides that 343/Microsoft is not gonna shell out the money to compensate us.

do you understand they took money from us and basically gave us nothing in return? lemme guess that's how a business works? lmao foh

• Downvote (-1) 1

do you understand they took money from us and basically gave us nothing in return? lemme guess that's how a business works? lmao foh

Return it? Unlike you, I know that 343 will fix the game and it will be playable after patches.  I can wait.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Is it explicit or implicit now?  You seem to be changing up the words without realizing they have two different meanings.

First release of iOS 8 had the most bugs of any release from Apple.  Every OS you install you always have to update lmao.  Windows XP/7/8 Mac OS X Yosemite, Ubuntu... Guess what you have you have to do when you first install? Update.

I just installed an update for Yosemite a couple of days ago.  I just installed iOS 8.1.1 today that fixed Wifi/battery/bluetooth issues.  Every 3 days or so I have to update my Ubuntu VPS' because packages always get updated.

You sure I am the one with tunnel vision here?

Your insinuations regarding my intelligence aren't appreciated, bro.

And actually, when a product is advertised as working (which every product is), there is an explicit agreement that the developers aren't lying about the product and that agreement is the laws surrounding false advertising.

No one is arguing software can't ship with a few minor bugs, and just about every software does. Where your analogy completely fails is when you fail to recognize the difference between a few users having isolated issues and and the core services of an entire product not working for the vast majority of users

Some people here are reporting matchmaking search times of literally hours. The party system is broken and I have yet to find a single game when I search with my friends. Etc, etc, etc ad nauseum.

See the difference?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Return it? Unlike you, I know that 343 will fix the game and it will be playable after patches.  I can wait.

It's not a question of waiting or not waiting, and frankly it's not like you have a choice at this point.

I was not sold a futures contract on a game that will be delivered to me "sometime" in the future. I paid for a game that was supposed to be playable as of last week, and it's not. It's not impatient or irrational to be upset that you were sold a faulty product, even if the company promises to fix it. I sold CoD: AW the day before the MCC was released because I was told that I would have a playable game and I paid money for it. Now I have neither CoD: AW or the MCC to play.

610aa616b8904ee2a0022fa8275d9da7.png

Not sure if to upvote for accomplishment or downvote because a huge chunk is because of MCC blunder. :bravo:

Eh, have a +.

finally getting games pretty consistently...and by that I mean 2v4s...

have they said anything about when they are dropping this patch today???

Did you get the memo?  See we're putting cover pages on all are TPS reports now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Your insinuations regarding my intelligence aren't appreciated, bro.

And actually, when a product is advertised as working (which every product is), there is an explicit agreement that the developers aren't lying about the product and that agreement is the laws surrounding false advertising.

No one is arguing software can't ship with a few minor bugs, and just about every software does. Where your analogy completely fails is when you fail to recognize the difference between a few users having isolated issues and and the core services of an entire product not working for the vast majority of users

Some people here are reporting matchmaking search times of literally hours. The party system is broken and I have yet to find a single game when I search with my friends. Etc, etc, etc ad nauseum.

See the difference?

Well you used implicit the first time which is when I said that their is no implicit agreement when it comes to software that it will absolutely work when purchased.  Then you changed the word to explicit, which has a whole different meaning.  I am just trying to clarify if you meant implicit or explicit.

False advertising is when a company maliciously offers false marketing for a different product.  In this case, 343 has a product that has bugs that is getting patched.  Ultimately, by the end of this month we should be playing for this product with all the features working.  The difference is when companies do false advertising... they don't actually add or fix their product to match the advertised product.. which is why it is called false advertising.  

Issue is related to connectivity with Azure servers which is the reason why majority of the users are having problems.  It's like if Google Chrome released an update that removed the address bar from Chrome.  Most likely, it will get patched...  just doesn't mean that the one bug is a real representative of the rest of the product.  In this case, it's MCC's connectivity with Azure servers.

It's not a question of waiting or not waiting, and frankly it's not like you have a choice at this point.

I was not sold a futures contract on a game that will be delivered to me "sometime" in the future. I paid for a game that was supposed to be playable as of last week, and it's not. It's not impatient or irrational to be upset that you were sold a faulty product, even if the company promises to fix it. I sold CoD: AW the day before the MCC was released because I was told that I would have a playable game and I paid money for it. Now I have neither CoD: AW or the MCC to play.

I pre-ordered AW.  Kept AW, played it the first day and noticed the lag issue. Told myself, well it looks like a connectivity/server issue that either will level itself out or get patched.  Put the game away and played something else as I read what is going on with AW.  Sledgehammer releases announcement and update, and I jumped back onto AW once the update installed.  Now AW works better and I can play.

I am not mad at Sledgehammer for the connectivity/server issues, even though it made me come to the decision that I would wait to actually play it until an update.  Shit happens.  Launches brings problems to light that may have not been seen during testing.  

I'd be mad if the developer didn't acknowledge the problem and didn't announce an update.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@@Fyrecide

If you fancy 1v1 or co-op campaign speedruns I 'm down for that. Actually I got quite the quick out of campaign speedruns...

I suck at 1V1s, in every Halo game lol. Honestly, even at my best (back in H2 glory days), I was never very good at 1V1s or FFAs.

Although, I'd love to practice, even if and especially when I get my ass handed to me in a 15-0, because all things being equal and kosher (read: no obvious host issues or other shenanigans), I can learn from them and hopefully improve. How much I can improve, however, is a different story, as I am quite old and my reaction time & "quick thinking" are not what they used to be ;)

CO-OP Legendary campaign sounds like a blast though. Definitely could do with some of that, if only for the achievements & company lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a server connectivity issue to Microsoft's Azure servers.  MCC is finished as a "product," but unfortunately the bugs in MCC looks like they are in the server connectivity with the Azure infrastructure.  Which is why I am patient, because I understand that this is Microsoft's first big real launch on their Azure infrastructure for Xbox Live.

Finishing firth is no server bug. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

and a partridge in a pear tree.

We need to make a song titled "12 days of Halo"

On the first day of Halo

343 Industries gave to me

A completely broken MCC

• Upvote (+1) 2