CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just watched the first episode of nightfall, pretty good so far, made me want more after watching just the one episode. Can't wait to see what direction it's going to go.

Good thing episode 2 is out as well ;)

In what world do you think it is ok to sell broken products? There's an implicit agreement when you exchange money for somthing that it be fully functional

This is true from a legal standard, but I really doubt Halo MCC users are going to file a class action lawsuit against 343 and Microsoft to resolve this (there's probably language in end-user agreements that users acknowledge there may be bugs in the game that require fixes, etc.,)

I've seen people actually suggesting that 343 should give week 1 MCC adopters H5 for free, something that MS wouldn't let happen even if we took Bonnie Ross hostage.

Sounds like salivating to me.

No one was honestly saying 343 would give out Halo 5 for free, and how is someone suggesting they should get 343's next project for free salivating? Salivating would be people saying "OMG it would be so amazing if they gave me in an in game item for Halo 5." Which no one here has came close to saying, but maybe your definition of salivating and the rest of the worlds are different. 

No one was honestly saying 343 would give out Halo 5 for free, and how is someone suggesting they should get 343's next project for free salivating? Salivating would be people saying "OMG it would be so amazing if they gave me in an in game item for Halo 5." Which no one here has came close to saying, but maybe your definition of salivating and the rest of the worlds are different. 

lol yea and I think that 1 person said that. somehow that got construed into "all these kids" lol

This is true from a legal standard, but I really doubt Halo MCC users are going to file a class action lawsuit against 343 and Microsoft to resolve this (there's probably language in end-user agreements that users acknowledge there may be bugs in the game that require fixes, etc.,)

Actually, if I'm not mistaken a couple years ago when the XBox Dashboard updated and you had to agree to new Terms of Service one of those terms is you agree to never sue M$ and since 343 is owned and a subsidiary of M$ by extension we couldn't sue them either.

Oh wow 2011, yeah here's the article on Kotaku. http://kotaku.com/5865797/now-microsoft-wants-to-stop-you-taking-them-to-court

lol yea and I think that 1 person said that. somehow that got construed into "all these kids" lol

I think he was just salivating for some online karma points.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Incoming patch notes from 343: We are aware that some users are still experiencing longer than expected matchmaking times. We are working around the clock and will continue to give you updates like this one. While you wait please take a sneak peak at our new upcoming game Halo 5: Guardians. That is all.

:saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Didnt suggest a lawsuit. Thats just how any business transaction works.

In what world do you think it is ok to sell broken products? There's an implicit agreement when you exchange money for somthing that it be fully functional

I will keep from making personal attacks, but holy shit does your comment push my boundaries.  No where in the software world is there an implicit agreement for software to be fully functional when purchased.  You know why? bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs.

And after bugs, there comes patches! or updates! or revisions! or whatever you want to call it.

I don't think you realize how ridiculous your comment sounds.  Software is released every day with bugs, there are known bugs in software by major companies that never get fixed.  Second of all, software with major bugs... tends to get fixed.  In this case, it will get fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Actually, if I'm not mistaken a couple years ago when the XBox Dashboard updated and you had to agree to new Terms of Service one of those terms is you agree to never sue M$ and since 343 is owned and a subsidiary of M$ by extension we couldn't sue them either.

Oh wow 2011, yeah here's the article on Kotaku. http://kotaku.com/5865797/now-microsoft-wants-to-stop-you-taking-them-to-court

You can sue them, you just can't go class action. And that clause would probably fail to hold up in court, but I'm no lawyer.

I will keep from making personal attacks, but holy shit does your comment push my boundaries.  No where in the software world is there an implicit agreement for software to be fully functional when purchased.  You know why? bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs.

And after bugs, there comes patches! or updates! or revisions! or whatever you want to call it.

I don't think you realize how ridiculous your comment sounds.  Software is released every day with bugs, there are known bugs in software by major companies that never get fixed.  Second of all, software with major bugs... tends to get fixed.  In this case, it will get fixed.

There's a difference between selling software with some bugs and selling a broken product. MCC is a broken product.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can sue them, you just can't go class action. And that clause would probably fail to hold up in court, but I'm no lawyer.

Actually it's on individual and class action suits. And while the clause itself may not hold up, the endless amount of money M$ will have to throw at almost certainly will.

There is ABSOLUTELY an explicit agreement that software is going to WORK when you buy it. Are you even being serious with this comment? Obviously it is understood that there might be a few extremely minor glitches here and there, but it is absolutely expected that the core services of a product are going to be fully functional. 

When was the last time you bought an operating system from MS or Apple that didn't work? Or had an update to your iPhone that was insanely glitchy? My guess is basically never. You know why? Because it is expected that when you sell a product its going to fucking work. 

Even within gaming itself this is an entirely new trend. H1-Reach shipped in 99.99% working shape, and even H4 had 99% of its core services working fine on launch. On no level should it EVER become acceptable that consumers expect to buy a BROKEN PRODUCT.

Use your head, what kind of industry do you want to have? One where games ship in working order or one where games ship like the MCC? 

10/10 if troll, Jesus man.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Actually it's on individual and class action suits. And while the clause itself may not hold up, the endless amount of money M$ will have to throw at almost certainly will.

Wow ok that's fucking ridiculous. I really hope no company can install a clause like that, but you're right. They'll bury you in bills before it goes anywhere anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's a difference between selling software with some bugs and selling a broken product. MCC is a broken product.

MCC is software.  Just like any software, it will get patched.  What part of that don't you people understand?  If this was 6 months down the road and they didn't release an update and are not.. then yeah that's a problem.  But, 343 already announced a patch is incoming but yet people can't understand this?

• Downvote (-1) 2

It's ok for a game to have a couple of minor bugs upon release, as we are all human and aren't perfect.

However having a completely busted game where matchmaking is NOT WORKING and Campaign has massive issues, loading failures, freezes, etc. is completely unacceptable. For 9 days. NINE DAYS. Over a week.

Edit: 8 days I mean. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

There is ABSOLUTELY an explicit agreement that software is going to WORK when you buy it. Are you even being serious with this comment? Obviously it is understood that there might be a few extremely minor glitches here and there, but it is absolutely expected that the core services of a product are going to be fully functional. 

When was the last time you bought an operating system from MS or Apple that didn't work? Or had an update to your iPhone that was insanely glitchy? My guess is basically never. You know why? Because it is expected that when you sell a product its going to fucking work. 

Even within gaming itself this is an entirely new trend. H1-Reach shipped in 99.99% working shape, and even H4 had 99% of its core services working fine on launch. On no level should it EVER become acceptable that consumers expect to buy a BROKEN PRODUCT.

Use your head, man, what kind of industry do you want to have? One where games ship in working order or one where games ship like the MCC? 

I agree with you for the most part but did you ever experience Windows Me or Vista? Oof. Those were borderline for being considered functional.

MCC is software.  Just like any software, it will get patched.  What part of that don't you people understand?  If this was 6 months down the road and they didn't release an update and are not.. then yeah that's a problem.  But, 343 already announced a patch is incoming but yet people can't understand this?

"Its going to be patched" is not an excuse to ship a broken product. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Use your head, man, what kind of industry do you want to have? One where games ship in working order or one where games ship like the MCC? 

Is it explicit or implicit now?  You seem to be changing up the words without realizing they have two different meanings.

First release of iOS 8 had the most bugs of any release from Apple.  Every OS you install you always have to update lmao.  Windows XP/7/8 Mac OS X Yosemite, Ubuntu... Guess what you have you have to do when you first install? Update.

I just installed an update for Yosemite a couple of days ago.  I just installed iOS 8.1.1 today that fixed Wifi/battery/bluetooth issues.  Every 3 days or so I have to update my Ubuntu VPS' because packages always get updated.

You sure I am the one with tunnel vision here?

• Downvote (-1) 1

We've waited so long for a decent halo title, guess a few more weeks isn't going to kill anybody. 

Just really disappointing that we have to deal with this situation. If servers were that problematic, just go to peer to peer. Remember when Halo 3 came out? You could go home on launch day and play competitive matchmaking till the sun came up. 

MCC is software. Just like any software, it will get patched. What part of that don't you people understand? If this was 6 months down the road and they didn't release an update and are not.. then yeah that's a problem. But, 343 already announced a patch is incoming but yet people can't understand this?

From a consumer standpoint a 'bug' in software is something minor and unforseen.

MCCs problems are not minor and there's no way they were unforseen.

Wow ok that's fucking ridiculous. I really hope no company can install a clause like that, but you're right. They'll bury you in bills before it goes anywhere anyways.

Pretty sure you have no standing in this matter in order to fulfill a lawsuit. You wouldn't win it and it may just get thrown out. Buying a game and it not working won't constitute as standing or material loss. I think that's it at least.