CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

But they got DDoS'd which lead to a lot more problems than they would have had. As with 343 it was 100% incompetence.

Which is why any promo compensation is going to be more interesting. Free h5 for all MCC owners that play the h5 beta would be sweet. Maybe the price of the console will drop by Xmas?

Warlord of Draenor's launch also was very rocky with connectivity and availability issues in terms of the servers. Blizzard's response was 5 days of free subscription time. Curious to see how 343 handles the situation, an in game item would be appreciated, xbl subscription time would be nice too. I'm seeing folks asking for free dlc h2a maps which I doubt is possible.

If that was very rocky then the MCC launch was the apocalypse. I play both quite a lot and Blizzard is just 100% better than 343 will ever be at pretty much everything but then again console studios don't ever really compare to the top PC guys.

Like if Blizzard has a problem there is marked improvement, status updates and fixes within days if not hours almost always. 343? Weeks at best. Blizzard issues apologies and gives free game time for the inconvenience and 343 just hypes up their next game and fixes the issues maybe at some point it seems like. That might sound totally unfair but its kind of disgusting how different it is on console in general compared to PC

• Upvote (+1) 1

They might just extend the beta. 

Delaying the MCC update extended the current beta :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

[email protected] all you kids salivating over the idea of free Halo 5 content. Have you been watching the promo vids? Why do you want to encourage 343's latest Halo abortion?

The only thing that would make up for this would be free MCC content, seeming as how the MCC (when it works) is a real Halo game and Halo 5 looks like it won't be. And if it really is not going to happen, then 343 didn't make up for their huge letdown. Halo 5 content is not going to make amends, even if they gave me the whole game free and Dan Ayoub showed up to my house and personally gave me a sensual prostate massage.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 5

They might just extend the beta.

I'd rather get something in the form of monetary compensation (DLC or something). I can't count on H5 to be worth a shit. Actually... I can't count on MCC to be worth a shit.

I guess I'll go fuck myself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to be a dick but the ideas of "compensation" for Halo MCC are just flat out ridiculous. I don't think any of you realize how a business works. Things like free Halo DLC for life and free Halo 5 are just flat out ridiculous. Do you understand how much money that would cost them? I honestly don't think we will get anything besides MAYBE a free map or 2 that get added to H2A. Besides that 343/Microsoft is not gonna shell out the money to compensate us.

[email protected] all you kids salivating over the idea of free Halo 5 content. Have you been watching the promo vids? Why do you want to encourage 343's latest Halo abortion?

The only thing that would make up for this would be free MCC content, seeming as how the MCC (when it works) is a real Halo game and Halo 5 looks like it won't be. And if it really is not going to happen, then 343 didn't make up for their huge letdown. Halo 5 content is not going to make amends, even if they gave me the whole game free and Dan Ayoub showed up to my house and personally gave me a sensual prostate massage.

I didn't see anyone salivating over anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reading the comments here makes me wonder when Polygon/IGN will start running articles on how 343 is the new ISIS.  I gave 343 my $60 for MCC and I don't expect any type of "compensation" for bugs.  I understand bugs do occur and only expect 343 to resolve the bugs and allow me to access MCC as it was promised.  I can wait for Halo, as long as it gets fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm going to pay for Halo 5 with Monopoly money, then give them real money "later in the week"

Yes yes, well played, sir,

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't see anyone salivating over anything.

I've seen people actually suggesting that 343 should give week 1 MCC adopters H5 for free, something that MS wouldn't let happen even if we took Bonnie Ross hostage.

Sounds like salivating to me.

Reading the comments here makes me wonder when Polygon/IGN will start running articles on how 343 is the new ISIS. I gave 343 my $60 for MCC and I don't expect any type of "compensation" for bugs. I understand bugs do occur and only expect 343 to resolve the bugs and allow me to access MCC as it was promised. I can wait for Halo, as long as it gets fixed.

In what world do you think it is ok to sell broken products? There's an implicit agreement when you exchange money for somthing that it be fully functional

Ranks will almost definitely be reset by the patch to compensate for uneven teams and what not

Hoping it resets stats too.

Just watched the first episode of nightfall, pretty good so far, made me want more after watching just the one episode. Can't wait to see what direction it's going to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My rank 7 randomly reset to 1. Its not the 7 im upset about, its the waiting I had to do to find games.

I have been all too 13, five times and been reset currently at a 7