CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

They also said that patchnotes will be released BEFORE the patch goes live. If they are really adding additional fixes it would make sense to delay the release of patch notes:

argh. I just want to know what they're fucking fixing. We literally don't know if this will fix the biggest issue and that's finding games. A yes or no answer is simple. 

pardon my bitching but damn, I just want to play your game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

argh. I just want to know what they're fucking fixing. We literally don't know if this will fix the biggest issue and that's finding games. A yes or no answer is simple. 

pardon my bitching but damn, I just want your overlaid interface to work so I can play the games made back in the day when games were good.

FTFY.

They said that? All I know is it failed certification.

Source for failed cert?

Waypoint post just said it was pushed back to add additional fixes.

Same problems like in mm. It depends on pure luck to join a lobby and not get kicked after games. You have to connect over xbox live though because the one does not support system link

How did the tournament the weekend before last run then?

What work though? All of the problems we experienced on Nov. 11th we're still having. And it seems like new ones are being discovered every day. We all agree they dropped the ball and there's no sense arguing that further, however this is a good place to vent frustration. You'll just have to forgive those of us who have absolutely no reason at this point in time to be optimistic about "playing halo as we remember it", much less the future of the franchise.

Well you should. The game will be fixed. Unfortunately it may take a lot longer than we would like, but it's going to happen. I don't remember the updates they made in the first update, it wasn't anything related to Matchmaking, but they're doing stuff. I believe that they are working to get it fixed, obviously I wish it would be quicker, but I've learned through my own experiences in life that people take their time on stuff even when a little hustle is preferred. They're going to get paid regardless, and that's the way things are nowadays. 

Has anybody else found that the first time you search you find a game almost straight away (whether or not the game crashes being irrelevant), I always get matched the first time I search. I was wondering if it was some sort of caching issue or something in the GUI not causing matches to show after the first wave.

Since a few days I don't find any games at all. I mean literally zero.

I've been getting in some really fun H1 customs every night and in that limited vacuum, this game is awesome. After jumping back and forth a bunch between really good veteran lobbies, and games with less serious players looking to learn, I had an idea. 

Someone with more time on their hands should put together an H1 2v2 tourny for fun while we wait for the patch. Here's the premise:

Arguably the biggest issue with getting people into H1 is the knowledge gap. I'd argue that, for someone who already plays a lot of Halo, picking up the shooting shouldn't be too difficult. HOWEVER... Learning how to control each map, manage a rolling powerup timer, and effectively control and predict spawns for both your teammate and opponent creates a huge skill gap in 2v2 competitions. 

I'd love to see a tournament where knowledgeable H1 players are paired with noob H1 players who are interested in learning the game. Each team gets a few days to practice, with the H1 vet teaching the noob about spawns, timing weapons, etc. 

Could be fun and would be a good way to increase the player base for H1. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

It was LAN so obviously the server issues weren't as awful.

But all the weird joining issues and the myriad of other problems.

Honestly don't be surprised if there is still a plethora of issues after this patch.

Has anybody else found that the first time you search you find a game almost straight away (whether or not the game crashes being irrelevant), I always get matched the first time I search. I was wondering if it was some sort of caching issue or something in the GUI not causing matches to show after the first wave.

The first search is usually the longest for me. Once I get into a game and back out, it then only takes 5mins max.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was also a previous build. May have helped a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone here lan'd mcc much to know if it works? Seems like half these problems would still exist, no?

A day or so ago (probably like 40 pages back now), Someone said they did a 8 box/person LAN and it was buggy. He said they still had fun, but they probably could have played twice as many games if it wasn't so buggy. They spent a lot of time getting people into the lobby after like every game or something.. Yeah, it's buggy. 

The joining issue actually result from the game thinking you have joined someone while you haven't actually joined them. From my experience, restarting MCC always fixes this issue so I would imagine it was known to 343 and they simply restarted MCC's after every series.

I'm with you guys... If halo wasn't my first love the Xbox one would be going back for a ps4....

What game(s) are you guys getting to play while they sort this crap out? I'm stuck between gta v, Dragon age, and far cry....

The joining issue actually result from the game thinking you have joined someone while you haven't actually joined them. From my experience, restarting MCC always fixes this issue so I would imagine it was known to 343 and they simply restarted MCC's after every series.

Yeah, if you look at your recent players list, you can see players who you have supposedly "met" while searching, but you never actually joined a game.

There were a few drops mid-match but they didn't have to deal with a lot of connectivity issues since they are all in the same location.

I'm with you guys... If halo wasn't my first love the Xbox one would be going back for a ps4....

What game(s) are you guys getting to play while they sort this crap out? I'm stuck between gta v, Dragon age, and far cry....

FC 4 is apparently really fun. Not sure on DA, especially after the 2nd one sucked to all the die hards, and GTA is GTA

Guys be extra careful if you have @@ImperiumVII on your team.

JQHybOM.jpg

That wasn't my finest moment.

This upcoming patch is really going to be it. If they don't nail it later this week, the already irreparable damage already done to MCC will get A LOT worse. Many people are trying to have patience with this game, but that patience has limits.

Matchmaking needs to be functional, minus full implementation of ranks and playlists.

Party disconnect glitches absolutely need to be gone.

Parties in matchmaking need to not be split up, and games need to be even.

The game needs to not crash while loading, or freeze at the end of the game.

There are still going to be some glitches outside of those, but the gamebreaking ones need to be done with this week, no excuses.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Literally the only way this game could have passed through 343 without them noticing the bugs and issues is if 1. There was literally no Q&A work done or 2. There was Q&A work and the higher-ups blatantly ignored feedback from the testing team (ie just brushed off the team's concerns). Either way it is an enormous oversight on their part.

Of course 343 wants to fix this game, but are we going to act like they're doing us this huge favor for it? Hell no. If they left this game as it is there would likely be class action law suits and of course an utterly enormous blow to the livelihood of Microsoft's favorite cash cow. Fixing the game is in their own self interest and we should not be acting like they're doing some morally laudable act by fixing it.

Q&A = Questions and Answers

QA = Quality Assurance

You want QA there.

But otherwise yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the other night I was playing the CE campaign and saved on 343 Guilty Spark right before the famous cut scene. I load up the campaign today to play...and I'm on The Library. Somehow the game skipped through the rest of 343 Guilty Spark and put me right onto The Library lol

So the other night I was playing the CE campaign and saved on 343 Guilty Spark right before the famous cut scene. I load up the campaign today to play...and I'm on The Library. Somehow the game skipped through the rest of 343 Guilty Spark and put me right onto The Library lol

I had the exact same bug when I was playing through CE. Campaign also keeps giving me the wrong loading screen for some levels, though I always end up in the correct level so I don't mind.

That wasn't my finest moment.

This upcoming patch is really going to be it. If they don't nail it later this week, the already irreparable damage already done to MCC will get A LOT worse. Many people are trying to have patience with this game, but that patience has limits.

Matchmaking needs to be functional, minus full implementation of ranks and playlists.

Party disconnect glitches absolutely need to be gone.

Parties in matchmaking need to not be split up, and games need to be even.

The game needs to not crash while loading, or freeze at the end of the game.

There are still going to be some glitches outside of those, but the gamebreaking ones need to be done with this week, no excuses.

How did the double betrayal happen?  Were you just trying to get 343's level of betrayal?

• Upvote (+1) 1