CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I wish the state of game development wasn't so fucked raw in the ass these days.

Can't trust anyone anymore.

Why delay a set release date when you can send it off to be manufactured and fix everything with a Day One patch?

It's horrifying that we're at this state, the shame is that even with this and other huge screw ups from major developers I don't see anything changing in the near future.

EDIT: http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/games-halo-gone-gold-announcement (If only you knew past Dan Ayoub, if only you knew)

The irony of all this is that the competitive community has been saying for a long time that casuals will buy halo no matter what (and thus halo ought to be made for competitives, yall know the rest).

Well guys it looks like they decided to test that logic!

I don't believe for one second that 343i didn't anticipate this happening

Goldenboy might as well be official 343 PR at this point

:goldenboy:

I'm not getting any achievements. This is getting bullshit. Not having matchmaking is one thing, but during this downtime they aren't giving me achievements? CMON NOW!

I would agree that this patch isnt going to make the game at 100% but hopefully it makes it playable.

Anyways the game is already screwed on trying to get casuals into the scene. I doubt many of them have stuck around this long and theres still more time to come.

Honestly not sure what to do with myself after spending all this money on shit. :(

Considering the horrible teammates I consistently get, its safe to say there are plenty of casuals left.

FWIW:

Forbes is basically a blog site now. 

"If it says contributor under their name, they did not have their article approved by an editor, they just uploaded it like blogspot. It's shameless click baiting. 

If it says Forbes staff, it is something that actually shows up in the publication."

• Upvote (+1) 2

Considering the horrible teammates I consistently get, its safe to say there are plenty of casuals left.

Lol, it seems whenever I would go into ranked slayer in Halo 2 or 3 I always got the kids on my team who bought their 50's or got their ranked boosted by 3 friends who were good. If I didn't go +15 every game my team would lose.

I'm not getting any achievements. This is getting bullshit. Not having matchmaking is one thing, but during this downtime they aren't giving me achievements? CMON NOW!

That is actually a Xbox One bug, not a MCC bug. Achievements can take a long time to pop up. I had similar issues with Destiny, you'll get the achievements you are unlocking now, it might just take 1-2 weeks for them to show up.

There are plenty of games with launches equally bad or worse and those games still did fine. Diablo 3 was not only unplayable at launch the game itself was also shit and yet plenty of people kept playing and even more came back for the expansion. Battlefield 4 was crap for months and yet it is among the most popular FPS both on console and pc. People are upset and rightfully so, but this won't kill this games online population like some appear to be assuming. Halo 4 died because it is an awful game, while MCC is actually a really awesome game if it actually works. People who are leaving now will return when it's fixed and even those who got a refund will probably buy it again. Gaming is in this sad state where dev's release broken games, however while people get upset about it in the end we keep buying and we keep playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FWIW:

Forbes is basically a blog site now. 

"If it says contributor under their name, they did not have their article approved by an editor, they just uploaded it like blogspot. It's shameless click baiting. 

If it says Forbes staff, it is something that actually shows up in the publication."

They really need to end the contributor program. It's been slowly ruining their image since many ignore the "contributor" icon next to the author.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In our defense, no one was making a game this time around. They were just releasing older ones, how hard could it have been? lol

Word.

The very idea of matchmaking not working never entered into my head for a single second when I was considering buying an Xbone for this game.

Why wouldn't MM work? It's always worked, and really well. I mean shit, it worked perfectly on Halo 2! That was their first try!

The only actual coding 343 did for this game in the Matchmaking and the UI - they are both completely and utterly broken. They can claim they didn't know about the matchmaking problems (doubtful) but they could clearly see the UI and tell it was a buggy, inefficient piece of trash.

I for one am not please with their "communication" post launch. Because I'm still pissed about their pre-launch communication - which apparently consisted almost entirely of hiding the truth and bold faced lies.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know 343 is blaming this on the massive amount of people putting strain on the servers on launch day, but remember people who got the game early had the same problems. It's like they never ran an actual online test for the game, just lanned it at the studio and called it good.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I know 343 is blaming this on the massive amount of people putting strain on the servers on launch day, but remember people who got the game early had the same problems. It's like they never ran an actual online test for the game, just lanned it at the studio and called it good.

Has anyone here lan'd mcc much to know if it works? Seems like half these problems would still exist, no?

It worked with 8 people locally so you know, if we extrapolate that by about 10K-20K it should be good, right guys?!?!? RIGHT?!?!? Sorry... No. That didn't work and failed miserably. I actually tweeted at them asking how many people they had sign NDA's at PAX, ESL, etc. to keep quiet about the massive amount of problems concerning MCC. I never got a response :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone here lan'd mcc much to know if it works? Seems like half these problems would still exist, no?

well you can't make offline accounts on the xbox one due to if they had that option people would be able to steal games offline for free. so you need to sign into your xbox live account and a stable internet but it runs smooth imo.

Same problems like in mm. It depends on pure luck to join a lobby and not get kicked after games. You have to connect over xbox live though because the one does not support system link

They delayed it to add additional things

They said that? All I know is it failed certification.

After finding games consistently all last night, and most other nights (team symmetry and other problems notwithstanding) I spent an hour in the lobby, book open, waiting for a match.

Nothing.

I even refreshed the matchmaking every few minutes. Wish I had been lying down to read this whole time. Lying down to read is the best.

It's going to be a right laugh if the matchmaking is still screwed after the patch.

Honestly don't be surprised if there is still a plethora of issues after this patch.

Has anybody else found that the first time you search you find a game almost straight away (whether or not the game crashes being irrelevant), I always get matched the first time I search. I was wondering if it was some sort of caching issue or something in the GUI not causing matches to show after the first wave.

They said that? All I know is it failed certification.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

This week’s content update, which was originally scheduled for release this Wednesday, 11/19, will now be releasing later this week to allow for additional fixes, as well as the completion of the testing and certification process.

They also said that patchnotes will be released BEFORE the patch goes live. If they are really adding additional fixes it would make sense to delay the release of patch notes:

The full patch notes will be posted later this week, in advance of the content update release.

• Upvote (+1) 1