CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I was hoping the dedicated h1 playlist would launch sometime this week. Although with their previous track record I figured it would be more like 4-6 months. At the rate things are going now, we might never get it. After all Halo 5 is right around the corner. I'll put money on the patch being delayed until after thanksgiving.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After a CE match I get kicked back to the Xbox Dashboard.

People are waiting.

Why is 343 so scared of sharing patch notes for anything?

#DeveloperTendencies

my guess is they need to be sure it can be patched before sharing that they're patching it.

I would agree that this patch isnt going to make the game at 100% but hopefully it makes it playable.

Anyways the game is already screwed on trying to get casuals into the scene. I doubt many of them have stuck around this long and theres still more time to come.

Honestly not sure what to do with myself after spending all this money on shit.  :(

Nope. Delayed until 'later this week'.

https://bit.ly/343MCCUpdate

Jesus Christ, what a joke. I feel like returning it and picking up GTA, but I know it's pointless. As soon as the patch is deployed I would just have to pick it back up again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would agree that this patch isnt going to make the game at 100% but hopefully it makes it playable.

Anyways the game is already screwed on trying to get casuals into the scene. I doubt many of them have stuck around this long and theres still more time to come.

Honestly not sure what to do with myself after spending all this money on shit.  :(

As long as it finds a game every time without a colossal effort I'd be happy. As well as the crashing. Anything to keep the audience and population going, otherwise we're going south

south

south

south

south

south

south

south

Halo 4.

It's like they're giving a report and they're afraid to go in front of the class. Maybe because they just cliff notes'd it.

Meanwhile, every MMO ever releases patch notes, even if they're totally insignificant, 2 days or so prior to.

Why are they so scared of sharing any info at all? I hate their PR.

• Upvote (+1) 4

In what way is that obvious? I'd go so far as to say the converse is true, based solely on the evidence we have  :gandhi:

If they wanted the game to work properly so we could enjoy it they would have never released an unfinished and broken game in the first place.

@@GoldenboyFTW 's statements in last week's Bomb Planted sum it up perfectly, guys. While I didn't agree with everything he said, I do agree that all of these issues were not anticipated. He was with Bravo when it all went down (there was a lot more good things he said, go watch it for yourself). Whether or not they should have anticipated it is a different conversation. They dropped the ball and should have seen it coming, but now that they didn't see it coming and it's happened, I believe they want to make it right. Fuck me, right? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are they so scared of sharing any info at all? I hate their PR.

Their "Trust us" campaign didn't go over so well after Halo 4, so perhaps they're afraid of what we might think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys already bought the game there is no reason for them to kill themselves trying to get this patch out

They already have your money, they don't care

H4 had the same problem. 5sk BR? Fuck you, we have your money already, we already won.

Wonder if the Halo 5 BR is also 5sk. Oh well, they don't have my money from MCC and it's looking like they won't ever. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even Forbes Mag has been reporting about MCC.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/11/11/its-not-just-you-halo-the-master-chief-collection-matchmaking-is-broken/

I wonder if business owners reading about MS servers failures with MCC are thinking twice about using MS Cloud services.

I'm past mad,  I'm just laughing about my stupidity on expending all that money having to buy xbox1 and a tv plus the game just because I trusted 343 again.

My original plan was to wait until halo 5 was released, waiting for the BE reviews before deciding on buying xbox 1, I feel like I need to fix my "battered woman syndrome" with 343 fixed by a shrink - lol. I use the xbox only to play halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@GoldenboyFTW 's statements in last week's Bomb Planted sum it up perfectly, guys. While I didn't agree with everything he said, I do agree that all of these issues were not anticipated. He was with Bravo when it all went down (there was a lot more good things he said, go watch it for yourself). Whether or not they should have anticipated it is a different conversation. They dropped the ball and should have seen it coming, but now that they didn't see it coming and it's happened, I believe they want to make it right. Fuck me, right? 

Literally the only way this game could have passed through 343 without them noticing the bugs and issues is if 1. There was literally no Q&A work done or 2. There was Q&A work and the higher-ups blatantly ignored feedback from the testing team (ie just brushed off the team's concerns). Either way it is an enormous oversight on their part.

Of course 343 wants to fix this game, but are we going to act like they're doing us this huge favor for it? Hell no. If they left this game as it is there would likely be class action law suits and of course an utterly enormous blow to the livelihood of Microsoft's favorite cash cow. Fixing the game is in their own self interest and we should not be acting like they're doing some morally laudable act by fixing it. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Literally the only way this game could have passed through 343 without them noticing the bugs and issues is if 1. There was literally no Q&A work done or 2. There was Q&A work and the higher-ups blatantly ignored feedback from the testing team (ie just brushed off the team's concerns). Either way it is an enormous oversight on their part.

Of course 343 wants to fix this game, but are we going to act like they're doing us this huge favor for it? Hell no. If they left this game as it is there would likely be class action law suits and of course an utterly enormous blow to the livelihood of Microsoft's favorite cash cow. Fixing the game is in their own self interest and we should not be acting like they're doing some morally laudable act by fixing it. 

I agree with you completely. The only reason I'm saying what I am is because it apparently it wasn't obvious that they wanted to fix the game. They shouldn't be commended for their work post launch. It's absolutely expected. They fucked up. They fix it. 

I don't believe for one second that 343i didn't anticipate this happening

Goldenboy might as well be official 343 PR at this point

• Upvote (+1) 7

For only 5 dollars and new skull helmet, YOU can have the patch 2 days early!

I would pay five dollars right now to have a working game. I feel a lot of people would do that and that is the worst part.

I'm a pretty patient dude, but this is getting annoying. I have friends that are extremely impatient, and I am scared to tell them the patch was delayed.

Even Forbes Mag has been reporting about MCC.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/11/11/its-not-just-you-halo-the-master-chief-collection-matchmaking-is-broken/

I wonder if business owners reading about MS servers failures with MCC are thinking twice about using MS Cloud services.

I'm past mad,  I'm just laughing about my stupidity on expending all that money having to buy xbox1 and a tv plus the game just because I trusted 343 again.

My original plan was to wait until halo 5 was released, waiting for the BE reviews before deciding on buying xbox 1, I feel like I need to fix my "battered woman syndrome" with 343 fixed by a shrink - lol. I use the xbox only to play halo.

Yep, Halo MCC is the only game I own and the only reason I bought 2 Xbox One's and 3 copies of the game. I even upgraded my internet just for the release of this game. I am done with Microsoft/343, they have played loyal fans for fools for far too long. They don't listen to what we want, sprint in Halo 5, lol. They want to sell as many units as possible and if that means making Halo into a call of duty clone that is what they are going to do. They have successfully run our once beloved game into the ground, if you are pinning your hopes on Halo 5 you will be even more dissapointed than the abysmal launch of MCC.

I agree with you completely. The only reason I'm saying what I am is because it apparently it wasn't obvious that they wanted to fix the game. They shouldn't be commended for their work post launch. It's absolutely expected. They fucked up. They fix it. 

What work though? All of the problems we experienced on Nov. 11th we're still having. And it seems like new ones are being discovered every day. We all agree they dropped the ball and there's no sense arguing that further, however this is a good place to vent frustration. You'll just have to forgive those of us who have absolutely no reason at this point in time to be optimistic about "playing halo as we remember it", much less the future of the franchise.