CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Bungie may have gave us Halo Reach, with it's broken mechanics and no genuine ranked playlists, but at least that game worked on Day 1. #343bola

• Upvote (+1) 5

Will grenades ever be reasonable again in Halo or are we doomed since Reach?

what do you mean reasonable? weaker? Reach along with halo 1 had the best grenades in the series. Halo 3's poor excuse for grenades spoiled a lot of players. Grenades are suppose to fuck you up, not give you a tap on the legs and say "carry on bro...don't mind me". The same goes for Rockets, which were also horrible in Halo 3. These two explosives are suppose to deal a lot of damage.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

what do you mean reasonable? weaker? Reach along with halo 1 had the best grenades in the series. Halo 3's poor excuse for grenades spoiled a lot of players. Grenades are suppose to fuck you up, not give you a tap on the legs and say "carry on bro...don't mind me". The same goes for Rockets, which were also horrible in Halo 3. These two explosives are suppose to deal a lot of damage.

Really? Maybe it's just me, but I liked that the rocket launcher from H3 wasn't as powerful as other Halo's. Felt like it actually required a little bit of skill to use.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

When have they delayed the update until?

"later this week"

Honestly I might be mad if they hadn't said anything or if they hadn't actually improved things or if there wouldn't be a patch coming out this week. But as things are I'm fine. I played h2 matchmaking when it took 30+ minutes to find a game because I love that game that much and I don't mind playing MCC with similar que times. Every single game I get, including h2a which is way better than I expected, is just pure awesomeness and I'm loving it. I just wish it wouldn't be close to impossible to find a game when queing as a party of 4, but other than that I don't really mind the wait.

Obviously I'm upset that it didn't ship the way it should have, but from 343's communication (which has been great thus far) I get that they are just as upset as I am, probably more since I'm sure that they are at least threatening to fire people over this. I love every second of MCC that I actually get to play, and looking at h5 I will be playing this game for a very long time. I have waited about seven years for a "new" Halo that I can actually fully enjoy gameplay-wise and I have waited 4 years to be able to play h2 over XBL again and I would say something about over a decade for CE but I never dared to hope to ever be able to play it over XBL tbh. I truly love MCC and I haven't had this much fun playing a new game since Shadowrun came out so I can deal with waiting a couple days. If this weeks patch fixes matchmaking que times then I'm fine dealing with the countless other bugs until they are also fixed over the next few weeks.

And yes I'm also disappointed in 343 and I do agree that it should have never shipped like this, however I barely enjoy any videogames nowadays and even fewer for gameplay reasons only, so I'm just happy that I get to play good Halo again. People are returning copies, review scores have been lowered and they took a huge image hit and I'm sure Microsoft is even more upset than we are given that MCC is meant to sell consoles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess I'll try out campaign if the patch is being delayed and hopefully it doesn't crash. I can deal with the longer than usual wait times, but the uneven teams are getting annoying especially when someone isn't playing or they quit. The matching system is also reminding me of H4 where you either get stomped on or you destroy the other team. Close games are becoming few and far between. I've noticed it more in H2C which isn't surprising.

I'm also getting frustrated with my Xbone controller. I may have to try an aftermarket one.

I'm disappointed but I'd much rather have it continuously delayed until they're sure it works than for it to be released and do nothing to fix the game.

I'd imagine the backlash would be a lot greater if that happened.

I've been pretty vocal about how frustrated I am over the game being broken, but given there's not a lot I can do I'd rather wait for the patch that works.

I guess I'll try out campaign if the patch is being delayed and hopefully it doesn't crash. I can deal with the longer than usual wait times, but the uneven teams are getting annoying especially when someone isn't playing or they quit. The matching system is also reminding me of H4 where you either get stomped on or you destroy the other team. Close games are becoming few and far between. I've noticed it more in H2C which isn't surprising.

I'm also getting frustrated with my Xbone controller. I may have to try an aftermarket one.

I'm 99% sure ranks will take care of that. It's just the type of MM experience you'll get with a "hidden ranking system". It just doesn't work. Once ranks hit all playlist and you get to a decent level you should be seeing a lot more close games.

I actually feel kinda silly for being upset that ranks aren't in before the game came out, they certainly have far bigger issues to take care of. I'm even shocked that they fixed CE split screen fov given that there are so many bugs that just crash the game.

This whole clusterf* is such a momentum killer, thinking about how many thousand potential players lost each day hurts my soul...

The Invitationals was such a great sign too....

• Upvote (+1) 3

1st or "1th" game on CE in matchmaking, classic slayer pro on Wizard. 3v3.

One of my teammates is a scrub running around with AR, other not playing.

I hate the people that play this game at times

I also go plus 12 while my team go negative out the asscrack

Would of been better if they could give us an ETA on the release instead of saying later this week. I hope it's here before the weekend.

Even though it's very disappointing that the patch has been delayed with no real date for the new release. I guess it's better then them releasing it anyway and having it do nothing at all.

I would be fine with having a patch released that atleast does something to fix matchmaking.

Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age:Inquisition should keep me plenty busy until then im not sweating it!  :D

Microsoft should be though, because every day that MCC is down longer the more people leave the game or trade it in towards the aforementioned games.

I can't even return my game i went digital. this is just unacceptable

I got a refund for my digital download. Call Xbox live and ask for a refund, it worked for me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

In the meantime,  back to Destiny where Iron Banner 2.0 is happening today ! :D

...and obviously...it works.  :kappa:

We still have absolutely no idea what this update is meant to fix specifically. Sure they've said "matchmaking issues" and "non-matchmaking issues" but we literally have no idea if that could be a fix for broken teams (and still keep the abysmal search times or if we're getting a typo fix somewhere that one guy noticed.

I'm seriously concerned that we haven't heard a peep about the patch notes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm just glad that I didn't give in to the hype.  Glad that I personally didn't waste the money on a console for such an awful first impression.  Right now I'm just waiting to see how much this affects the online population.  This is why its best to never pre-order any game.  Its best to just wait and see how well or how bad a online game does before purchasing.  Never give into the hype, the hype train almost always for about a decade leads to disappointments and ill-advised purchases.

The Halo community should know that better than any other community and all of it's members should learn from previous mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1st or "1th" game on CE in matchmaking, classic slayer pro on Wizard. 3v3.

One of my teammates is a scrub running around with AR, other not playing.

I hate the people that play this game at times

I also go plus 12 while my team go negative out the asscrack

I would say that you shouldn't be too terribly upset with this at least with things in their current state. A lot of the people like that had probably been searching for 45 minutes or more. I can guarantee I've missed out on a few games because I got up to go to the bathroom or make food while searching.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just glad that I didn't give in to the hype.  Glad that I personally didn't waste the money on a console for such an awful first impression.  Right now I'm just waiting to see how much this affects the online population.  This is why its best to never pre-order any game.  Its best to just wait and see how well or how bad a online game does before purchasing.  Never give into the hype, the hype train almost always for about a decade leads to disappointments and ill-advised purchases.

The Halo community should know that better than any other community and all of it's members should learn from previous mistakes.

In our defense, no one was making a game this time around. They were just releasing older ones, how hard could it have been? lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Will grenades ever be reasonable again in Halo or are we doomed since Reach?

H4 had a good nade system