CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I suppose it doesn't test if the game actually works?

Nope.

No game developer has ever come out and said exactly what they are certifying when they send in a game or patch, but here is what I've figured out.

They are NOT checking the game for bugs, even gamebreaking bugs. The game crashes constantly? Online doesn't work? None of these things matter, it will still pass certification.

I believe they are checking for a couple of things. 1. Does the game boot up and run 2. Does it have things that MS requires like perhaps logos or a Help and Options menu for XBL games. 3. Is it still within the confines of the ESRB rating (did they throw in full frontal nudity with the patch) 4. Making sure some rogue employee didn't replace all of the textures with pictures of his dick.

I'm not even sure why Microsoft still does certification for games. Valve doesn't check anything and they seem to be doing just fine with Steam.

So, I'm downloading GTA V for my Xbone (installs faster than MCC btw), and after getting updated on the situation on MCC with the patch being delayed and the tweets than @@CyReN pointed out. I'm flat out pissed. How could something like this go unchecked with Microsoft? Out of all the issues that other Halo titles have had in the past, this is by far the worst.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm demanding an apology from Microsoft, and 343 Industries for giving us an unfinished product. And no, I'm not asking for free DLC like some people want. I want a video of Microsoft, and 343 to straight up apologizing to every dedicated gamer who bought this.

I'm fucking sick and tired of this trend of unfinished products that devs and publishers push out.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm not happy about this either, but I'm going to try to look at it with some context.

If 343 had delayed the release of MCC, you would have all been mad and calling them incompetent. They didn't, they released it with insufficient testing and it was awful. Then everyone said on the forums they wished that it had been delayed. I know I did. Now they have a bunch of patches and they are doing the opposite. They are delaying it and testing further and reacting so negatively makes us sound worse than we really are. Is it warranted? To some extent, yes. But still.

If they delayed it without telling us there reasons for doing so then I would be pissed off but if they told us that they were delaying it because the game wasn't ready and they needed time too fix the bugs I would respect that and it would of been fine which is preferable too them releasing a broken game.

Since it seems like they just rushed it out too get that money that comes with the holiday season and thought they could fix it all later and it comes off as cash a grab more then anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To add more to the depths of certification testing. It's mainly to make sure there's no way Microsoft can get fined when the game releases. ESRB, credits verification, proper logo/images, all that legal bullshit that we don't think about. Certification is not a bug test.

I'm also talking about pre-launch certification. Not sure how patch certification would go.

Microsoft employees already lashing out at Halo community leaders

"Dont be a dick"

Hey man your company released an unfinished game that people spent $60 on.

Community Coordination 11/10 - IGN 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I really hope that once the dust settles after all of this, there is still some semblance of a player base intact. I would imagine they're seeing a drop off of users each day so I'm sure this decision was incredibly hard to make. We aren't the normal crowd that plays this title so you just have to wonder what the casual customer is doing after what will almost be 2 weeks of an unplayable game (hint: trade in). On the positive side, I guess we're lucky that the only way to access the H5 beta is through the MCC so maybe I'm completely wrong about all this and people will stick through it.

The situation is very unfortunate but at the end of the day, if the game is perfectly playable in 5 days then so be it. I'll just be here...patiently waiting.

You're not thinking clearly if you believe that in a week long period mcc will be fixed by the same people who couldn't do it in a year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I seriously cannot understand how 343i has been allowed to FUCK this up so badly. Microsoft must be getting soft these days. As to delaying the update yet again, Seriously...will this game ever get fixed?? Yeah ranks will probably not show up for other playlists for a good 3-4months after they finally fix everything wrong with the game and I've even started doubting DLC at this point. By the time the game is finally fixed I don't think it will have a high enough population, for whatever Devs are left at the company after Microsoft hopefully fires all the dumbasses at 343i, to support any kind of DLC thoughts. I really cannot believe in this company anymore to handle Halo. Halo 5 is a joke and will just continue to run this Fantastic franchise into the grave. 343i has made me more sad these past few days then I have been in years. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holy shitnuggets. I just tried (tried being the key word) to play customs with Yoseph, HardWay, and friends. Yoseph loads up Damnation reverse tag. Map takes about a century to finish the loading screen and then... nothing. Not a damn thing. Black screen. Let it go for about 2-3 minutes before ragequitting.

Also watched HardWay's stream for a bit. And I thought matchmaking was fucked up. Good googily god why was this game put on retail shelves. Is it an unreasonable reaction to want to strangle a game development company?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the fan base has finally been pushed too far. Halo 5 sales are going to see a serious hit from this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This whole issue is absurdly unprofessional by 343i and Microsoft. Releasing an unfinished game. Then constant patch date push backs. Their apologies mean absolutely nothing now. I think I would rather some higher-ups get fired than a small game compensation at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know if this has been reported yet, someone please confirm... But my controller is wired and when it disconnects it makes me leave the lobby, happened to my friend too, it was extremely frustrating considering how it takes us forever to get a lobby going

Destiny finally added voice chat to matchmaking pvp, I guess I'll be playing that. It may have shitty 1 hit kill random bullshit but at least I'm not on the 3 team in a 4v3. Every goddamn match.

Destiny finally added voice chat to matchmaking pvp, I guess I'll be playing that. It may have shitty 1 hit kill random bullshit but at least I'm not on the 3 team in a 4v3. Every goddamn match.

Just tried it and you have to switch to team chat at the beginning of every single game. Like literally you can only do it when you spawn. (Unless you're playing solo which for some dumbass reason that's the only way to always have team chat on.) And there was no notification as to the fact that this team chat exists or any instructions to turn it on. SO basically no one is going to fucking use it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was just browsing my YouTube feed on my roku. About to fall asleep. Saw the Remaking the Legend documentary and for a split second my brain thought it said "Breaking" the Legend. Made me laugh.

lol, I was just interested in the tourney, I can get a partner no prob :)

Wish we could have played dat reverse tag. Fun game type on Dammy! Oh well maybe after the patch we'll be able to reliably get some customs in.

And I am the bad guy for bashing 343?

boy o boy.... this is just purely comical at this point.   Guess its time to start playing some D.A. Inquisition.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And I am the bad guy for bashing 343?

I'm shocked at how calm and accepting everyone is over this.

Its a shame.

• Upvote (+1) 1