CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Maybe this is an elaborate plan for 343 to get everyone to play their H5 beta.

1. Give everyone every Halo they have ever wanted on next gen with the beta key included.

2. Make it so (Classic) Halo doesn't work.

3. Delay patch to ensure everyone is so desperate for a Halo fix that they will play anything that resembles Halo at this point.

4. ??????

5. Roll out the Halo 5 beta (now everyone will be so starved of Halo they will absolutely love it and play it forever).

Nice try 343, but we worked out your master plan.......

You're not kidding. I seriously feel as if I've been robbed. I specifically bought a xb1 for the MCC and it's completely screwed up. I feel as if I should be reimbursed for being sold a broken product..

I can't even return my game i went digital. this is just unacceptable 

A big part of me can't wait for a new cursed lemon video rant to be released soon.  I'm sure that he has a lot to say about the current situation.  *grins*

Recommend a monitor for me. I don't care about the size, I just need something with minimal lag.

Really not happy that I can't use a tube tv with an x1...

Just bought one of the benQ gaming monitors. honestly one of the best purchases i've made.. i believe MLG actually uses them also, and I know they were just used at the halo master chief invitational..

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GL2460HM-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00IKDFL4O/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1416287606&sr=1-4&keywords=benq

I'm not happy about this either, but I'm going to try to look at it with some context.

If 343 had delayed the release of MCC, you would have all been mad and calling them incompetent. They didn't, they released it with insufficient testing and it was awful. Then everyone said on the forums they wished that it had been delayed. I know I did. Now they have a bunch of patches and they are doing the opposite. They are delaying it and testing further and reacting so negatively makes us sound worse than we really are. Is it warranted? To some extent, yes. But still.

I'm pissed and they're idiots for releasing the game in this state, but a delay is better than a patch that doesn't work - just like a game that's delayed would have been better than a game that doesn't work. That said, this delayed patch better work god damn miracles on this game's multiplayer experience.

A part of me agrees with you, but that part of me comes from a decade where people were forced to wait months for patches because games with good online multiplayer were small in numbers.  The population numbers weren't going to drop in any way shape or form from a bad launch or waiting for patches.  Nowadays, any kind of issues will have people move on to other games quickly.  I see your point but we don't live in 90s or early 00s anymore.  Either good launch or game dies a lot sooner than expected.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm about to launch up the credits on MCC to see just who worked on it before it got released.

Then again, it might crash since it appears like no one did...

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm about to launch up the credits on MCC to see just who worked on it before it got released.

Then again, it might crash since it appears like no one did...

Don't be stupid dude, the credits aren't there yet because they never finished making the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They stated Wendesday before so people could calm themselves. Now, they fully understand what's going on and they need more time to fix what they fucked up.

I'm with cT on this one. That update better freaking fix multiplayer and do some miracle.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not happy about this either, but I'm going to try to look at it with some context.

If 343 had delayed the release of MCC, you would have all been mad and calling them incompetent. They didn't, they released it with insufficient testing and it was awful. Then everyone said on the forums they wished that it had been delayed. I know I did. Now they have a bunch of patches and they are doing the opposite. They are delaying it and testing further and reacting so negatively makes us sound worse than we really are. Is it warranted? To some extent, yes. But still.

I'm pissed and they're idiots for releasing the game in this state, but a delay is better than a patch that doesn't work - just like a game that's delayed would have been better than a game that doesn't work. That said, this delayed patch better work god damn miracles on this game's multiplayer experience.

Hahahahahahahahahaha look at this guy, he thinks the patch is going to work??!?!?!??!??

Sorry, 343i has never delivered anything as promised and blatantly misleads the halo community consistently. They deceived everyone in a multitude of ways that bought mcc, so I have absolutely no faith that this patch will fix much of anything. Ranks? You know like what we've all been waiting on for years, yeah, that'll probably be 6 months out of we're lucky.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Sorry, 343i has never delivered anything as promised and blatantly misleads the halo community consistently. They deceived everyone in a multitude of ways that bought mcc

I was going to buy an Xbox one and MCC.

But you know, the lack of gameplay for H1/H2 classic made me hesitate enough to hold off... and I'm glad I did. "How they shipped" my fucking ass, that was a bold face lie.

Will not be buying MCC nor H5.

I really hope that once the dust settles after all of this, there is still some semblance of a player base intact. I would imagine they're seeing a drop off of users each day so I'm sure this decision was incredibly hard to make. We aren't the normal crowd that plays this title so you just have to wonder what the casual customer is doing after what will almost be 2 weeks of an unplayable game (hint: trade in). On the positive side, I guess we're lucky that the only way to access the H5 beta is through the MCC so maybe I'm completely wrong about all this and people will stick through it. 

The situation is very unfortunate but at the end of the day, if the game is perfectly playable in 5 days then so be it. I'll just be here...patiently waiting. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

*sigh* so frustrating, it;s crazy how the master chief collection is out but it doesn't really FEEL like its out..., I swear if this weeks patch doesn't at least fix the matchmaking searching times, shits gonna hit the fan so bad

• Upvote (+1) 1