CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I've been on for about 2.5 hours.  Got 4 games of which two failed to load completely and the other 2 were 2v5.  Congratulations 343!  You guys released the most broken version of Halo ever! :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man CE can be the most frustrating thing to play right now. I'm saying this as a H3 kid that was excited to play it online. The netcode is clearly about as coherent as an inebriated Russian. Getting trounced and dying from grenades instantly as you spawn because your teammates are immobile or just stupid and seeing shots bounce off everyone and everything is so rage inducing. I think it's the biggest candidate for a fix post actual working MM update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man CE can be the most frustrating thing to play right now. I'm saying this as a H3 kid that was excited to play it online. The netcode is clearly about as coherent as an inebriated Russian. Getting trounced and dying from grenades instantly as you spawn because your teammates are immobile or just stupid and seeing shots bounce off everyone and everything is so rage inducing. I think it's the biggest candidate for a fix post actual working MM update.

I had to put up with this on Hang'em high. I don't know what I saw at the time was real, but it looked like someone had INFINITE grenades. I'm no- I CAN'T EVEN.

Okay might have been an illusion but that's how bad the network was. I just can't.

CE's Netcode is ridiculous off host god knows why they thought that using that archaic netcode was a good idea especially when it has so many problems they should of just ported over Halo 3's netcode since they appeared too have fixed the issues with shot registration.

• Downvote (-1) 1

they should of just ported over Halo 3's netcode since they appeared too have fixed the issues with shot registration.

yeah I can't even program "Hello, world!" but I'm pretty sure this makes zero sense

• Upvote (+1) 7

yeah I can't even program "Hello, world!" but I'm pretty sure this makes zero sense

So you think they should use a broken decade old netcode over one that actually works?

• Downvote (-1) 1

So you think they should use a broken netcode over one that actually works?

What he's saying is you are treating complex and specific netcode like a sandwich filling you can switch out onto another sandwich.

• Upvote (+1) 3

it doesnt lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

What he's saying is you are treating complex and specific netcode like a sandwich filling you can switch out onto another sandwich.

Well given that it's called "netcode" I didn't think that changing would actually be that big of a deal but it's probably more complex then I think it might be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They shouldn't have tried to make a net code for CE. Just emulate an OG Xbox on the dedicated servers and let everyone play locally on that. Your Xbone would just be an input/output relay. Kinda like cloud-gaming or a browser based game.

And on the K/D debate - if you have a proper ranking and matchmaking system than the K/D of every player should stay near 1.0 with exceptions for the very highly skilled players.

They shouldn't have tried to make a net code for CE. Just emulate an OG Xbox on the dedicated servers and let everyone play locally on that. Your Xbone would just be an input/output relay. Kinda like cloud-gaming or a browser based game.

And on the K/D debate - if you have a proper ranking and matchmaking system than the K/D of every player should stay near 1.0 with exceptions for the very highly skilled players.

Cloud gaming = button input lag = cancer

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can we take a minute to appreciate to appreciate the one thing that functions right in MCC?

This track went from a cool beat to a groovy beat with beautiful choir and mysterious vibe. Definition of a remaster right here.

I love that and the remastered versions of "Broken Gates" IE Moon Over Mombasa 1 & 2

MOM 1

MOM 2

sigh....another of pure fuckery...they better get this shit right on Wednesday 

It should get better but still not where we want it ultimately. They need a few more content patches before that'll happen.

sigh....another of pure fuckery...they better get this shit right on Wednesday 

sike

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

11.17 8:00PM Update

This week’s content update, which was originally scheduled for release this Wednesday, 11/19, will now be releasing later this week to allow for additional fixes, as well as the completion of the testing and certification process. 

This content update includes a variety of fixes across the title, including Matchmaking performance issues, general UI and game stability improvements, as well as fixes for game-game specific issues in Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 2: Anniversary, and more. The full patch notes will be posted later this week, in advance of the content update release. 

Thank you for your continued patience.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

No patch on Wednesday, coming out later this week. Seems like they are adding additional fixes across the 4 titles. Patch notes to be out sometime before the content update (which is currently not dated). 

They probably still don't have a fix for MM yet. The Wednesday date they set honestly seemed ambitious to me based on the number of issues there are. But that doesn't mean they deserve a pass for this. Every day that goes by is another day where people will be giving up on Halo.

MCC is probably the last money 343 get from me tbh.

Like this patch should be top priority. It shouldn't be pushed back for anything... all it means is that it isn't ready, not that theyre adding more stuff.

I was gonna buy H5 just as a thank you, but i'll probably pass now.

• Upvote (+1) 1