CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wat? Lets go over the end of a 2v2 BR only match

• Player 1: 30 kills 19 deaths | +11 K/D spread
  • Player 2: 12 kills 2 deaths | +10 K/D spread

Player 2 got a 6.0 K/D. Player 1 got a 1.5 K/D because he rushed immediately after respawning meleeing everyone in sight. Yet, with K/D spread, player 1 looks like the MVP of the match. It's misleading. K/D ratio trumps spread every time.

Halo is the only game I know of that does this. Quake, UT, CoD, CS all use K/D ratio because it makes sense.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. The person who goes 12-2 is couching in a corner with a shotgun and makes his team play a man down in every situation.

Please record a H3 4 shot across narrows. Don't even care if the player isn't moving.

Dude twice in my life I've 4 shot the guy on the opposite cannon going for snipe at the start of the game online. So I guess it can happen but its not like I didn't have to try it hundreds of times online lol

Wat? Lets go over the end of a 2v2 BR only match

• Player 1: 30 kills 19 deaths | +11 K/D spread
  • Player 2: 12 kills 2 deaths | +10 K/D spread

Player 2 got a 6.0 K/D. Player 1 got a 1.5 K/D because he rushed immediately after respawning meleeing everyone in sight. Yet, with K/D spread, player 1 looks like the MVP of the match. It's misleading. K/D ratio trumps spread every time.

Halo is the only game I know of that does this. Quake, UT, CoD, CS all use K/D ratio because it makes sense.

But in a competitive game, like Team Slayer, all that matters is how many more kills you got than you had deaths. 

Objective, looking at the positives and negatives across the post game stats you can quickly see which team got slayed worse without having to look at a bunch of 0.83's and 1.78's. That's annoying as fuck to look at.

Recommend a monitor for me. I don't care about the size, I just need something with minimal lag.

Really not happy that I can't use a tube tv with an x1...

I'm going to take this opportunity to renounce a previous statement I made about LAN in MCC being BS. My experience is limited to 1 3 man ffa (wizard honors) but the LAN is real, the pistol felt amazing, and I didn't notice any host advantage (I was off host).

I would want a full evening of competitive 2v2s before I say anything for sure but my initial impression is that CE'S LAN netcode is significantly improved. If they do a few minor patches I will be very interested in LANing the game.

It is BS that you need to have a profile (and I think you need gold too) just to LAN tho.

I dunno man, this video makes it seem pretty bad:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Recommend a monitor for me. I don't care about the size, I just need something with minimal lag.

I don't know about TNs, but if you want IPS, the Dell U2414H is pretty good. Good colors, minimal lag, and decent features if you want to use it as something other than an xbox monitor. It is 60Hz though. You can read more on it here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm . I use mine for my xbox one and it works great.

If you are playing with someone who is on the same connection as you, its LAN. Doesn't matter if you are connected to the internet as well, or even if its over Wifi. (although there would obviously be more latency than a physical connection)

Hey guys, quick matchmaking update from my side here.  Got into a H2C Team BRs game on Sanctuary. Final score: 50-4. Man! 343i was right! We really dont need a visible ranking system! Theirs working in the background works just fine. 

(And for those wondering, I have 42 matchmaking games won so no, its not just because theres a small sample size.)

yes i understand what your saying and i agree with you. Just ignore my comment about the concept not meaning anything. All i was trying to say from the start was that there is no reason some people should be as mad as their claiming to be. There is no reason you should allow something like this to get you steamed. There is much bigger things in this world right now that actually matter. Being mad over this just sounds silly to me. I understand people spent alot money and alot time off work to grind this game. I know it must suck but oh well. get over it. Just take a chill pill and focus on something else until this gets fixed

Unfortunately you don't get to decide how other people feel or think. If people paid money for something and it does not work they 100% have the right to be upset.

And your commen about "there are much bigger things in the world to worry about so this is silly to be mad about" can literally be applied to anything and is a bad point for your argument.

I got into a car crash, but why would I be mad my car is totaled because someone in Dallas has ebola which is a bigger problem than mine. There is ALWAYS a problem bigger than your own going on but it is all about perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys, quick matchmaking update from my side here.  Got into a H2C Team BRs game on Sanctuary. Final score: 50-4. Man! 343i was right! We really dont need a visible ranking system! Theirs working in the background works just fine. 

(And for those wondering, I have 42 matchmaking games won so no, its not just because theres a small sample size.)

With everyone getting their ranks reset every other day, I wouldn't call that an issue. Until they fix matchmaking and reset ranks for good you can't really expect balanced games.

I'm sure they expanded the parameters for ones "skill" tremendously to just try to get people into matches. 

I got into a car crash, but why would I be made my car is totaled because someone in Dallas has ebola.

f99a4b9e3.gif

With everyone getting their ranks reset every other day, I wouldn't call that an issue. Until they fix matchmaking and reset ranks for good you can't really expect balanced games.

I was just assuming that was only the "visible ranks" since I saw somewhere that those are clientside. I was also assuming the "trueskill" they have working underneath to actually match players was still in place and server side so it wouldnt be effected by that glitch. Alot of assuming but I feel as if that would make sense

I was just assuming that was only the "visible ranks" since I saw somewhere that those are clientside. I was also assuming the "trueskill" they have working underneath to actually match players was still in place and server side so it wouldnt be effected by that glitch. Alot of assuming but I feel as if that would make sense

I don't know. If I were in charge of designing that system I would tie ranks with the trueskill system, but what do I know, I'm not a 343 monkey

Look here http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ made by a pretty high tier sf4 player so he has to know about good monitors lol

I got this which has an excellent rating on DL http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00413PHDM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Pretty good, a little small I guess but reaaaally good for Fighters so they'll be good for MCC as well